Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Holy poo poo it is 2020 and Anaheim 1 is on tv right fuckin now and there are dirt bikes going through the air and people eating poo poo into tough blocks and its loving awesome

you know what isnt awesome?

the absolute failure of having a fantasy supercross thread this year

PRedictions:

Ken Roczen is going to break both of his arms in one crash

Cianciarulo is going to win the championship and also the next few years in a row

Cooper Webb is going to continue being a lil bitch

Rules of the thread:

~Ride Red~

hmm I guess its just the one rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
oh cole seely retired, musquin isnt participating this season, chad reed is retiring at the end of the season, tomac will continue to always be the bridesmaid but never the bride, and Jimmy D is racing 450s

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Do you need to obsess over stats and probabilities to enjoy sports? Then come play fantasy supercross: https://pulpmxfantasy.com/leagues/goons

I doubt there's anyone new reading this thread, so I won't explain how it works unless someone asks.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I've been living on my control panel/bookmarked threads for a while so I missed this. Not sure if I'll both playing fantasy this year or not.

A1 thoughts:
- Webb is winning again this year. Thanks a lot, jesus.
- Tomac even more headcasey than ever due to his chick being pregnant (I even posted this as a conspiracy theory last year, haha)

dreesemonkey posted:

Tomac - (Re)injured and/or just a giant headcase. Maybe he knocked up his girlfriend or something. HOW can he go from being so fast the last two years to this? HOW? Get the 2018 bike out of storage or something, christ.
- AC9 looked really good, honestly. I expect him to have some meh races with some dumb crashes, but I think he's going to be consistently really good.
- Chad Reed final year? Yay? Can't be bothered to care at this point. He's burnt every bridge from every manufacturer, gently caress em.
- Justin Barcia thank you for making it interesting. I hope he can be up front more this year. Throw another hat in the ring for "does not give a gently caress" and punts Webb into the stands, maybe.

It still hasn't happened yet, but Anderson and Webb have to race each other at some point. I feel their combined assholish riding tendencies will catch up with them at some point like two stars that get caught in each other's gravitational pull and eventually implode. I foresee Webb parking Anderson rather unnecessarily and Anderson ruining a subsequent race of Webb's at some point. Meanwhile, everyone rejoices because we're all sick of baker's factory winning SX every year.

Real talk:
As dumb as this is, I think if AC9 can avoid dumb "tomac" type races, he and Webb will be fighting for the championship. As much as I hate to admin it, Webb has excellent Chad-Reed-like racecraft and it's Webb's to lose at this point. I'm going to get real annoyed with him running away with this thing.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

A1 thoughts:
- Webb is winning again this year. Thanks a lot, jesus.

1 like = 1 prayer

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

IS RALPH GONNA BE BACK?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

shacked up with Brenda posted:

IS RALPH GONNA BE BACK?

Yea, I'm not sure the full details surrounding it but he will be back round 4. Diffy was ok, no better or worse than Ralph, maybe he'll be a little better this weekend.

I'd still like for Weege to get a shot in the booth.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

The track looks pretty neat in qualifying so far. Lots of air time it seems to me

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

We're gonna need more likes.

Nice to see Roczen win again.

Osborne is like a year away from winning. I could easily see him winning a race though.

Is Barcia actually good this year? I have a hard time believing it but I guess we'll see.

Tomac managed to get back to fourth but I'd love to see him get his head right and race better.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah Roczen winning was really nice to see. I hope he can keep it going and avoid the horrible luck from the past three seasons.

Webb qualifying 15th and 14th respectively was also pleasant to see. One racer interviewed on Saturday pointed out that there are no points handed out for the fastest lap so he only cares to get into the heats and put the work in there. I don't disagree but it wasn't Webb giving the interview and I choose to believe he's been abandoned by Jesus.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Wonder who he learned that from...

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Haha that was batshit.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

sup guys im pretty stoked on A2 - no SX fatigue for me yet

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

shacked up with Brenda posted:

sup guys im pretty stoked on A2 - no SX fatigue for me yet

Me too. So many possibilities.

AC or Mookie first podium?
Barcia still consistent?
Webb over his sickness?
Roczen go on a tear?
Anderson and Webb finally clash and then destroy each other's seasons?
Eli finally get a start? HAHAHAHAH JUST KIDDING

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Pretty neat group at the top of 450 qualifying right now

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
That was an exciting 250 race.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

It was nuts and I'm very upset with Lawrence's injury :(

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

500excf type r posted:

It was nuts and I'm very upset with Lawrence's injury :(

Yea I'm bummed for him, it was an incredibly impressive ride up until the last few minutes. I think he ran out of fitness and it just got worse after he went down the first time. Would have been a pretty epic win if he held onto it.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Forkner must have been training with Tomac in the off season.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

The sand section is brutal and awesome tonight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opiYGPblQAU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Also, is Roczen sponsored by Red Bull?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

https://youtu.be/yb7Vlc7O8JE

track preview for tomorrow at Daytona, looks ridiculous

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r posted:

https://youtu.be/yb7Vlc7O8JE

track preview for tomorrow at Daytona, looks ridiculous

Who’s gonna win?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

builds character posted:

Who’s gonna win?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Eli Tomac qualified first with a 1:09.357 with Ken Roczen second at 1:10.003 and Cooper Webb following in third with a 1:10.590. Pretty big gaps in time, I think this is going to be a very tough race tonight. If Tomac wins the 50th running of Daytona supercross tonight it will be his fourth win behind Ricky Carmichael with five wins.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r posted:

Eli Tomac qualified first with a 1:09.357 with Ken Roczen second at 1:10.003 and Cooper Webb following in third with a 1:10.590. Pretty big gaps in time, I think this is going to be a very tough race tonight. If Tomac wins the 50th running of Daytona supercross tonight it will be his fourth win behind Ricky Carmichael with five wins.

I hope Tomac finally puts it together and wins this year instead of having weird, head-casey problems. I wouldn’t mind if Roczen won. Just not Webb, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I would greatly enjoy Roczen winning the championship but Tomac would be fine as well. It is nice to see them tied for first and giving everyone hell. Musquin being out is probably a blessing for them.