Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shodai?
This poll is closed.
Cool 21 75.00%
Nah 7 25.00%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
It is nice that in the end, the complaints that Hakuho faced are mostly that he was too drat good and would gently caress with people. And when you're that good, doing things like henkaing a rival yokozuna is just hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

anakha posted:

If nothing else, Asanoyama's fall from grace should hopefully make the grumpy old farts ease up…

I’m gonna stop you right there…

What I’m gonna love is the fact that the two guys who catch the most poo poo- Takakeisho (One trick pony, runs out of gas in about 15 seconds) and Shodai (Being Shodai) are both gonna get the tonguebath treatment as Hakuho bows out and Teru takes the heir apparent slot, if not the rope itself. If they stumble what’s left? Maybe Taco Bear improves with a new coach come August? Abi redemption tour?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lol again

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Finally watched that Chris sumo video on Asanoyama and the institutions surrounding his pandemic transgression. I don't feel sorry for Asanoyama at all but my negative opinions about what he did have been spread out a bit more now. Wonderful piece of journalism and even though he can be a little pompous I've grown to find it kind of endearing and he's easily the best English language sumo news source I've come across.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

Finally watched that Chris sumo video on Asanoyama and the institutions surrounding his pandemic transgression. I don't feel sorry for Asanoyama at all but my negative opinions about what he did have been spread out a bit more now. Wonderful piece of journalism and even though he can be a little pompous I've grown to find it kind of endearing and he's easily the best English language sumo news source I've come across.

That's when he sounds the most English to me. But he is the best English language sumo news source around for me anyway.

I really hope Endo can get it together and kick on just a handful of bashos at san'yaku level is pretty meager for someone who started so brightly.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Look at the lovely technique the small fella uses on the lard lad here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-4O75fiu4U&t=29s

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
lol this poo poo's loving nuts

i can't believe i've been missing out on how wild sumo wrestling is

these guys aren't loving around

except for that one guy that got caught loving around, i guess :yaycat:

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Alobar posted:

except for that one guy that got caught loving around, i guess :yaycat:

That doesn't exactly narrow it down....

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Aoiyama?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I think you mean AOIYAMA. The only correct capitalization.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

GoatSeeGuy posted:

That doesn't exactly narrow it down....

:yaycat:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Forget Asanoyama, here's the new star of Takasago beya

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
A yusho on his debut 👀

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Sandanme tsukedashi, no less!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

The banzuke is coming out today! I'm going to take that opportunity to post the updated OP I've been working on. Excited for Nagoya.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Nice! Does that mean a new thread is coming?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
New yokozuna new thread

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lid posted:

New yokozuna new thread

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Chinook posted:

Nice! Does that mean a new thread is coming?

Yep, I'll post it tonight.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Until then, place bets now!

https://www.sumo.or.jp/EnHonbashoBanzuke/index/

Maegashira #13 Ura!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Sanyaku Wakatakakage. Get in; we’re not stopping until he’s got that rope.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

big up wakaflockaflame in sanyaku, endo back where he kimboshi'd the two yokozuna (i think)

holy poo poo m13 will be a trial by fire for ura. hope he's well.

welcome back tokushoryu who is my favourite rikishi and i can't spell his name. i never know what vowel goes after tok and had to look it up this time.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Says Asanoyama is still ozeki?

edit: ah of course, he is just going to be treated as a no-show here and for the next half year

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

He went 10-5 in March, so his 7-5-3 in May means that he’s kadoban now. He’ll lose ozeki after his 0-0-15 in July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

New thread is up!

Mekchu or Brut or whoever, please close this thread when you have a chance to funnel folks to the new one. Thanks!