Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i think this place was an ikea once; it still has the shelves, the boxy layout. later it was a rations depot. and then, of course, it was abandoned

the parking lot is full of coral. the spores got in with the rain, and most of the cars still had the skeletons strapped in; bone's a good substrate, solid and nutritious

i'm camped under a defunct elevator with my two adopted urchins. it is windowless and dark where we are, the blackness diluted only by the rusty moonlight that filters in from the old cafeteria

out in the main mall the americans have stopped screaming. only the soft noises of coral remain - its gentle slithers, its sighs - and the crack and gurgle of corpses as they are recycled into something new

i'm starving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm getting tired of these World Wars!

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'm getting tired of these World Wars!
i'm getting tired of lichen sprouting on my tongue, but what can you do?

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

In these dark times we look to our leaders. One voice rises above the rabble, a young man with bold ideas and who claims a legendary heritage. His name is Barron, Barron Trump, and he claims to be the son of the mythological God King of the Golden Age before the barbarian hordes destroyed it decades ago.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Australia is still the same: on fire and a bit of a mad house. Every now and then someone wonders what the hell is happening in the outside world because they stopped making new Marvel movies for some reason.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

The Bramble posted:

In these dark times we look to our leaders. One voice rises above the rabble, a young man with bold ideas and who claims a legendary heritage. His name is Barron, Barron Trump, and he claims to be the son of the mythological God King of the Golden Age before the barbarian hordes destroyed it decades ago.
unbeknownst to the new king, or anyone in america, by the time he rose there were already strange spores germinating in the tepid rotting dead zone that was once the gulf of mexico

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Is the car on fire? Check.
Is there noone at the wheel? Check.
Does dark wind blow? *Sniff" check.
These are truly the last days.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Gridlocked posted:

Australia is still the same: on fire and a bit of a mad house. Every now and then someone wonders what the hell is happening in the outside world because they stopped making new Marvel movies for some reason.
to surviving australia, the "outside world" includes the swamp where i now live, in the bombed-out shell of this reasonably lovely shopping centre, unable to leave because fuhrer dutton's robotroops and their vicious human handlers roam the barbed-wire perimetre fence 24 hours a day armed with quantum spears that suck out your energy and convert it into electricity

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
World? Heh. World. You're a bit behind, OP.

It's Worlds now.

*Straps a giant engine to Colonized Mars and aims it at Spaceship Earth*

Whoever turns first is a space-chicken!

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i am still within the borders of the nation australia, but my citizenship expired when i failed fuhrer morrison's infamous fair dinkum certification exam and was declared a nonhuman. it gives me little pleasure to report that he is dead now. long dead

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

World? Heh. World. You're a bit behind, OP.

It's Worlds now.

*Straps a giant engine to Colonized Mars and aims it at Spaceship Earth*

Whoever turns first is a space-chicken!

Does that really count as multiple worlds?

I always figured the entire universe was our known world and another world would be more like an interdimensional travel multiverse theory thing.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
the coral claimed its dues

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i didn't choose to be in this shopping centre. it was not a place that i considered, when i was making plans for where i'd run to. but the kids were so upset at being declared non-human that i had to cheer them up with a visit to santa claus, and it was while they were having their photos taken that the soldiers barred the doors and locked all of us inside

we survived the massacre by hiding inside toploader washing machines in the appliances department. by the time we emerged, hours after the shooting had stopped, the lichen had already started growing on the bloodstains; they weren't red or black anymore, but orange and turquoise and pink

since the floods, which didn't drain like floodwaters used to but just settled and stayed, this is one of the only structures that stands above the tide. from the windows of the cafeteria the town is an archipelago of submerged roofs, punctuated by telephone poles and the elevated signs of fast food restaurants

"hey! hey! hey!" croaks a voice from the mall, american accent still intact, as the coral explores the crevices of a soldier's dead brain

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Fireproof koalas evolved... Unfortunately fireproof chlamydia soon followed.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Colonel Cancer posted:

Is the car on fire? Check.
Is there noone at the wheel? Check.
Does dark wind blow? *Sniff" check.
These are truly the last days.

That's a, uh, that's not the dark wind. These MRE's we've got in the bunker, well, my IBS...

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Colonel Cancer posted:

Fireproof koalas evolved... Unfortunately fireproof chlamydia soon followed.
now they stalk the ruins, horny and contagious

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
no one is sure when ww4 ended and ww5 began. even ww3's ending was shrouded in doubt. there was a treaty, but it was made under obvious coercion and everybody knew that it wasn't going to last. some people were saying it was ridiculous to declare three separate world wars within the same decade, but i think those people are all dead now

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
<starts a tire fire in front of the air-intake vent of some rich person's bunker>

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
most people are dead now

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
anyway i hope you're all doing well!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

That scav camp 15 blocks from us will feel our wrath once and for all! The world is two small for both of our tribes of two dozen impoverished and hungry people :argh:

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
sometimes at night, i see the shining star of putin orbiting the earth

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
Breathlessly waiting for some radge maverick to post the WW6 thread

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Peanut Butter posted:

Breathlessly waiting for some radge maverick to post the WW6 thread
ww6 is a simple obliteration

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Everyone knows ewoks win WW6

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Time for your meds peace pill, nankeen.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

If star wars episodes are any guide, WW5 is gonna loving rule.

Sadly, it'll be the only really good World War, and nerds won't stop talking about how good they all are despite being mediocre for the most part, and by the time WW9 roles around, everyone will be way to invested and start crying about how "they ruined world wars for me forever, I'm done with these world wars!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Did they really have to ressurect mecha-Hitler for WW9 after he was blown up point blank with a legacy tzar bomba at the end of WW6? Kind of downplays that whole war :shrug: