Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
ge

sipping brandy from a huge glass holder thing in front of my majestic stone fireplace. ever surface is lined with books. the fireplace is lined with books. i'm burning the collected works of ayn rand at a cocktail party to prove a point. there's a mantlepiece with a picture of a man and his whole face is a frown. the floor is lined with extinct hardwoods.

there's a storage shed full of the old taxidermy the carpet beetles got into. also the stone gargoyles uncle bob bought with his prison lawsuit money. the old gardens are so overrun with wiild blueberry that you can't even see where the virgin's bower was.

the boat house is decorated with moldy memorabelia from someone's great uncle's fraternity rowing team. you know, the one which the college disbanded after all those mysterious drownings . . . ?

bladderwort grows in this one secluded edge of the lake, it's so pretty. don't sleep in the corner bedroom, it's. . . it's occupied. nobody sleeps there, but, it's occupied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

I'm a totally normal groundskeeper. I live in a friendly stone hut at the edge of the treeline and have an eyepatch that doesn't scare anyone because it covers all the burns.
I sleep 3 hours a day and walk the grounds at night to help anyone who perhaps blows a tire on the caltrops someone else put on the road.
My wife died 30 years ago when a boar gutted her when she was picking mushrooms, so I killed the boar and ate its flesh and use its skull as a bowl and its tusks as drinking horns. The shrine to my late wife in the deep woods is not scary, and I am completely okay with outsiders visiting it, because I'm normal and not at all a skinwalker.

the unabonger
i actually inherited it from my great uncle twice removed, on the condition that i spend at least one night in the lodge. I bagged a 10 point buck and an 8 point buck the next day.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

yes there is an elk's head mounted on the wall and yes it moves and sometimes screams like a human woman and yes it's fine just fine don't worry about it

the unabonger
i wouldn't say it is haunted, it just has a "haunted mansion" aesthetic.

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
the portrait of the frowning man?

don't look at it too closely or you'll see the eyes moving where i cut out holes in the canvas

they're my eyes; i'm peekin'

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
Mother isn't here anymore. You can find her in her room.

crimes

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
come meet my illegitimate son. i never miss a chance to tell him how my real son will inherit all of my fabulous wealth, how i will never legally recognize him, and how his tragically dead mother was nothing to me.

i've put him in charge of maintaining the lodge's collection of rifles and weaponry.

----------------

Manifisto

now I don't want you to be creeped out by the reliquaries. all they are is containers for the mummified flesh of ancient persons, beasts, and . . . well, let's say persons and beasts, of great power whose corporeal essence was harvested, sometimes after death and sometimes prior to or, um, during, lovingly preserved in cunningly wrought housings covered with obscure sigils. whatever rituals they may or may not be used in is beside the point, and the rumors about their sometimes weeping, bleeding, or wriggling are mostly exaggerated. there's nothing to worry about and you'll be fine, assuming you don't get too close and don't disturb any of the wax seals.

ty nesamdoom!

biosterous

also i'm going to sleep, would you mind watching over the reliquaries until i wake up? for normal reasons. just keep looking at them, and try not to blink too much

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

This is the guest room, across the hall is the bathroom. Linen closet is end of the hall, and do not, DO NOT UNDER ANY circumstance open the red door. Ignore the whispers, help yourself to anything in the fridge, and DO NOT OPEN THE RED DOOR.

wearing a lampshade

Bo-Pepper posted:

yes there is an elk's head mounted on the wall and yes it moves and sometimes screams like a human woman and yes it's fine just fine don't worry about it

The heads reanimate on the apex of the full moon, every full moon, meaning i get to hunt them all over again. You can tell how many times I've hunted each one by the layers of plaques they're mounted on

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
can i sleep in your room mine has a knocker shaped like the devil and it keeps asking me Riddles

crimes

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
that's nothing-- my room has a devil with huge knockers

----------------

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
tradesies?

crimes

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
sure, just sign this new version of your last will and testament i whipped up

----------------

alnilam

Sitting by the fire, slowly and methodically cleaning my break action shotgun. "Don't worry, it's not for you, it's for... him" I say, although you know we're the only two people who came here

Groly
Come, come Officers! When I used part of my vast estate to build my Home for Foundlings of Unknown Provenance, we all knew that some of the foundlings would inevitably attempt to find and rejoin their families. These 'disappearances', as you call them, are hardly mysterious; they're nothing more than evidence of the degraded sense of appreciation in the lower orders.

That the runaways occur immediately around the full moon may be fodder for gossip down at the alehouse, but of course it's all perfectly logical. With the woods so thick and wide, on any other night someone trying to pass wouldn't be able to see more than ten paces in any direction.

Now that that's all settled, Officers, may I offer you some refreshment? Perhaps some...turkey pastrami?

cda

by Hand Knit
My Lodge is haunted. Yeah, I said it. You got a problem with that?

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
weird how Uncle Amadeus stopped showing up in the family yearbook once they switched from painted portraits to photographs.

Groly posted:

Come, come Officers! When I used part of my vast estate to build my Home for Foundlings of Unknown Provenance, we all knew that some of the foundlings would inevitably attempt to find and rejoin their families. These 'disappearances', as you call them, are hardly mysterious; they're nothing more than evidence of the degraded sense of appreciation in the lower orders.

That the runaways occur immediately around the full moon may be fodder for gossip down at the alehouse, but of course it's all perfectly logical. With the woods so thick and wide, on any other night someone trying to pass wouldn't be able to see more than ten paces in any direction.

Now that that's all settled, Officers, may I offer you some refreshment? Perhaps some...turkey pastrami?

lmao

crimes

Heather Papps

hello friend

Hello yes I'm a safety inspector and these gargoyles are looking terribly unsafe. Just one of these wings could kill your very normal groundskeeper.

idiotsavant
oh yes, the guest suite is absolutely wonderful. all the floors are heated and there's a sun room thats a lovely place to sit and read. and there's nothing quite as soothing as a blood fountain

Yinlock

Hahaha, no no, this lodge does not take sacrifices to power the prison of Y'ngtzx, the pulsing heart of the universe that will reunite all matter into it's dread embrace at the end of all things.

Merely a goblet of your blood will do

Yinlock

*as i'm skinning some kind of hosed-up werewolf monster* morning folks, great day for hunting out there. oh this? don't worry, the curse will find another one soon enough

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
my wife's sister is a BDSM necromancer and has dommed a bunch of poltergeists into setting the dinner table and cleaning the dishes, in exchange she insults their Pathetic Ghost Dicks

crimes

Pickwick High

They call me Nutse
My dog has red eyes and sulphurous smoke comes out of his nostrils. I take him from r walks in the woods he runs off doesn't come back for hours and sometimes he has a child's toy in his mouth

Manifisto

Pickwick High posted:

sometimes he has a child's toy in his mouth

better put it in the lost and found of the baskervilles

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Manifisto posted:

Heather Papps

hello friend

What do we hunt here?

The... most dangerous GAME.

Badgers uhhhhhhh wolves? We hunt wolves here oooooooookaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy?!?!

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

my wife's sister is a BDSM necromancer and has dommed a bunch of poltergeists into setting the dinner table and cleaning the dishes, in exchange she insults their Pathetic Ghost Dicks

lol

Macnult

it’s known that my ancestors didn’t obtain this land in the kindest of ways. they built a hunting lodge on top of a native american burial ground, which i thought was disrespectful, so i tore it down and built a different one on the far end of the property. from there, i did some research to find out which tribe it belonged to so i could contact them. turns out they’re on a reservation about 20 minutes away. working together, we restored the burial ground out of respect for their loved ones who had passed on. as a way to apologize on behalf of my ancestor’s horrible actions, i donated the portion of the land containing the burial ground to the tribe.

the lodge is a fantastic getaway. i’m not a hunter, but if i need some peace of mind or a relaxing vacation, i know where to go

Tunicate

Marioooooooooooo!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
practicing an ancient Aztec protection ritual by shouting at every owl i see just in case they're witches

Manifisto posted:

lmao

crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
all the neighbors say this place is haunted, but i've lived here for the last 240 years and have never noticed anything weird