Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Hi, freelance computer touchers of SA. I am looking at hiring a consultant for security system advice.

I don't have a price in mind, but if you know your stuff, I'm willing to blow hundreds of dollars (and possibly thousands if you have a LLC or similar) on advice.

Here's the problem:

I am a project engineer at a small company that is looking at upgrading security systems nationwide at distribution warehouses. These run from 20,000 square feet on a few acres to over 100,000 square feet on 15 acres. We currently have a national master service agreement in place and we are getting absolutely hosed on price and service. All of the big security providers are expensive and unless we're willing to blow a fortune, want to use decade old technology. IoT tech has improved a lot in the past few years, and it seems like there is a sweet spot for us to save a ton of money by thinking outside the box. We have an engineering team that is young and tech savvy, so we don't mind rolling up our sleeves and doing whatever we can ourselves.

I installed a Ring system this year and it works better and is cheaper than any system I've had in the past. These out of the box solutions aren't adequate for commercial purposes, obviously.

If you know your stuff in this area, let me know if you are willing to put in some work talking me through our options. Freelancers I can probably get approval to spend a few hundred dollars for consultation. If you have an LLC or similar, I could probably whip up a contract that could be quite lucrative, if you can help us circumvent traditional providers for this service. Feel free to reply in this thread or send me a DM.

I'm dead serious about this

Mods please let me know if there are any issues with my thread. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU