Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What am Wattam?
Released less than a mere month ago, Wattam am a game about friendship, play and discovery that, if you're anything like me, will delight you to your core. If you haven't heard of it, just know that it am from the creator of Katamari Damacy and Noby Noby Boy, and am a way more fully realized experience than the latter. If you haven't heard of either of those, well...would you believe that it am a game about a frolicking cube with a bomb under his hat?

Why the Let's Play?
This is honestly a good question, and I'm sure that at least one of you goons out there is judging me right now for making a let's play of something more akin to a toybox than an epic journey, particularly less than a month out from its release. Truthfully, the sole reason I'm doing this is because I played the first half hour of the game and found myself positively enraptured. And it had that...something, y'know? That joy and excitement that can only really come from your first playthrough of a weird and wonderful game. I wanted to crystallize that experience, and in the process share it with a few good friends and strangers on the internet.

So how's this gonna go?
Well, bold text strawman, I've managed to drag two fine people along for the ride, specifically FinalGamer and Korean Boomhauer. They know even less about the game than I do, and we're gonna collectively talk over prerecorded gameplay footage which I will then post here. I don't know how long the game am, though I imagine this is going to be a relatively short LP. That said, I am going to invite thread participation of a sort. If you want me to try something, just suggest away! If the outcome's interesting, it'll probably end up in the videos (at least, after the first four are out of the way).

Last but not least, don't discuss anything that might be considered a spoiler. I know this ain't The Iliad, but if you know about a thing and it hasn't been introduced yet, don't mention it. Please.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

This post reserved for friends.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I don't even know what in the heck is going on, but I'm excited to come along for the ride!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

I don't even know what in the heck is going on, but I'm excited to come along for the ride!

hell, same

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:psyduck: Well, that was wild. And also excellent. :allears: Will hang around for more bizarre antics.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
:shepface:

But also this game looks amazing and I can't wait to see more.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

:stare:

What he hell did I just wa- woah... What's... gyukdERTserTHrE423%56t :lsd:

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Oh my god, that is such an adorable game! Definitely want to see more of it!

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
It's insanely cool and cute and I love it so far.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
It's one of those games where no matter what is going on you just can't stop smiling, even watching it is just a thrill.

But then I'm a huge fan of the Katamari games already so this style already sold me from the first look.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

This is going to be magical :allears:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Why didn't you have the nose smell the poop?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Where am Wattam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Where am Wattam?

More like what am the reason I have motivational issues that have held me back my entire life, am I right? :haw:

No, but seriously, there am a few commentary tracks waiting to be edited, but I've been sitting on them for a dumb reason. For a while I was bent on making the second post into a little record of all the friends we've made without actually ripping off the in-game friend library, but at the end of the day I decided that rounding everyone up and restoring their original forms would be more trouble than it am worth and left the thread in limbo out of shame. The vids am comin', rest assured.

pixaal posted:

Why didn't you have the nose smell the poop?

You may get your wish soonerlater than you think!