Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Kibayasu posted:

Satan and capital g God are just other gods in this world I suppose. God is the god of the brotherhood but Pan could turn into an arena boss, which seems to be how you judge who's a god, any time he wanted as well.

the ending Sunday School lecture to Satan doesn't make sense outside of at least a broad-strokes Christian cosmology so as far as Pan goes i understood him as being a fallen angel who had been worshiped as a god (this is a common argument against the pagans in early Christianity -- that the gods they were worshiping were actually demons masquerading as gods) but later repented -- hence why as he's dying he suggests that his helping you throughout the game might give him "redemption," and hence why he transforms from a pagan nature god into a badass silver angel

The Fallen One, on the other hand, appears to be a Power Rangers villain, and a huge punk who is capable of nothing but talking poo poo and getting smacked down immediately lol
Satan's probably like "what, sure, call yourself the Lord of Darkness or whatever, go away, I'm busy making plans to possess people so they can possess people so they can kill people. loving guy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It seems this is a Henotheistic world.
There is the Capital G christian god but it doesnt deny the existence of other gods, just that Big God is the strongerest & besterest. Early Christianity had a bit of henotheism in it, iirc it was to more easily convert pagans and such through syncretizing their customs. "Did you know your god is actually our god" kind of stuff.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

So, for those of you who may be unaware, there are things that have shaken up this site over the past few hours.

With that in mind, I would like to say that this LP will not be abandoned. Depending on how certain events pan out over the next few days, the LP will either keep going through this thread or it may be moved to another forum. I have postponed my planned update for today, as I want to wait to see what happens with the forums, and have made a backup of the OP and lore second-post in case this LP needs to be transferred. In the event that this thread moves, I will of course provide a link to it here, in both a reply as well as linking it in the OP.

No matter what happens, we will see this through to the bitter end!

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Where’s the other forum because I hope this one burns to the ground.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Bonaventure posted:

Where’s the other forum because I hope this one burns to the ground.

I will let you know as soon as it's online and stable.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I know we're not really talking about it but I don't have the time, the time zone, or the internet connection for streaming but even if its just your Youtube channel I'll keep an eye on what you do.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Gabriel's been looking a little pale these days. Maybe it's because he became a vampire, but I dunno. I think he needs some sun.

This Let's Play thread is moving to the newly-opened LP Beach forum!

In order to give newcomers some time to catch up with humongous backlog of videos, I have postponed the Video 32 update until Sunday. The Something Awful thread will no longer be updated, but if you leave a reply here, I might check it out.

See you all on the beach!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'm following you on youtube and if it seems like Beach is where people are coalescing I'll probably make my way over there.

If not I'm sure I'll figure out some way to barrage you with lovely photoshops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

For those who missed the update last time, Video 32 is now online exclusively on LPBeach.