Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Professor Shark posted:

Wait, what? To all of that. What?

the cut scene was about how water aliens had threatened to attack earth if we didn't disarm our nukes

to breathe in the vast pressure of the bottom of the ocean, they need to breathe hyper-oxygenated liquid rather than standard SCUBA tank mix. to demonstrate that it's safe, they grab this one dude's pet rat and toss it in a tub of the liquid and force a cage down over it, and after a second of panicking it starts breathing and swim-walkin' around. that's not special effects, they did that poo poo to a real rat, that's cool as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
Drop Zone - skydiving bank robbers rob a bank, but one guy's parachute doesn't open, and he falls into the ocean and dies, and either the movie or my dad explains that hitting water at that velocity would be like hitting concrete

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

General Dog posted:

Reign Over Me- Adam Sandler is very sad

Reign of Fire - Matthew Maconeaughey is very mad

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Beloved - Oprah's water just broke or something and the whole town is being flooded and oh god I already have to pee so bad can the school bell just ring already so I can sprint to a goddamn bathroom

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Cannonball Run 2 : Osama Bin Laden hosts an illegal cross country street race against Burt Reynolds

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Millenium: Time travelers gently caress up during a ordinary body swapping operation. Then they make things even worse when a person who would help build their time machine technology dies. Also a robot quotes Churchil while being murded by time waves.

A Sound Of Thunder: Man fucks up during a time travel safari and time waves happen that mutate the landscape into horrifying monstrosities. Also a woman turns into a fish person I guess and the man from earlier kills himself via undoing the mistake or something without his past self realizing anything went wrong.

The Island of Doctor Monroe: Val Kilmer and Marlom Brando have a pissing contest that later became a pretty good documentary from the films director. Also the bucket wearing scene and the little Brando character were additions made on the spot by Brando.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
???: So it's like Star Wars and Zardoz had a baby and it's a cartoon. I remember a red whip that would blind and/or kill people and a purple robot?

City of Gold: A midget, a man, a plan -- poop and turn it into gold?

That Nosferatu remake from the '90s: John Malkovich yelling and wearing goggles.

Robocop 2: Drug addicted robots ripping off their faces, forever.

Robocop 3: Needs to be recut with Superman 2 to reveal a secret third movie.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

amusinginquiry posted:

Reign of Fire - Matthew Maconeaughey is very mad

Reign of Fire:

Okay, so the world ended (I don't remember why). And there's this scene where the survivors are putting on a play for some kids about a Hero fighting The Black Knight. But they're actually reenacting Star Wars.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
1) The plane engine... completed a fated time loop that uh, shunted off a pocket reality.... Mmm...

2) I guess they just kinda hosed around with Mary Poppins and her hoodlum friends for the most part

3) Angela Landsbury takes in orphans to her estate during WW2, Narnia style? But she's been learning witchery by mail from a shyster who didn't realize the bullshit he was selling was real (played by the dad from Mary Poppins). Angela takes the orphans to meet him in the seedy backalley he plies his trade and they use the sequel work he had to enchant a doorknob to travel through the aetheric medium. I don't know what specific thaumaturgy drove the second half of the movie but they end up going into a cartoon, getting into an underwater dance contest, and finally overseeing a Queen of Hearts-esque soccer match with a king dude. And then uh Angela Landsbury gets the fabled power of "Constitutiary Locomotion" that she chants to bewitch her estate's suits of armor to fight off the Nazis

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

The Tourist - Johnny Debt and Angelina Jolie ride around on a speed boat in .... France, was it? Bright colors. Lots of bright

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

The Astronaut Farmer - guy builds a rocket in his barn. It crashes. Not sure if there was a second go at it or not.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Chronicles of Riddick:

Just play Escape From Butcher Bay. It's a bad movie but the game is quite good. Don't play the sequel or whatever it was, though, it's bad for a lot of the same reasons the movie was bad.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

The Tourist - Johnny Debt and Angelina Jolie ride around on a speed boat in .... France, was it? Bright colors. Lots of bright

That movie is shockingly bad, like, I actually couldn't believe it.

Anaconda: That doesn't sound like Danny Trejo.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

The Astronaut Farmer - guy builds a rocket in his barn. It crashes. Not sure if there was a second go at it or not.
When I was five I wrote a script called The Astronaut Cowboy so needless to say I feel a certain syzygy with this film

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
True Lies: my wife won’t let me watch it anymore, also Arnie flies a jet.

:circlefap: God drat

Slayerjerman fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 24, 2020

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004

Eclipse12 posted:

I can't remember the name: Some kid is scared of a monster in a lake, but the monster is actually just an old partially submerged crane/excavator and the lesson is to overcome your fears.

THE QUEST.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Daikloktos posted:

[3) Angela Landsbury takes in orphans to her estate during WW2, Narnia style? But she's been learning witchery by mail from a shyster who didn't realize the bullshit he was selling was real (played by the dad from Mary Poppins). Angela takes the orphans to meet him in the seedy backalley he plies his trade and they use the sequel work he had to enchant a doorknob to travel through the aetheric medium. I don't know what specific thaumaturgy drove the second half of the movie but they end up going into a cartoon, getting into an underwater dance contest, and finally overseeing a Queen of Hearts-esque soccer match with a king dude. And then uh Angela Landsbury gets the fabled power of "Constitutiary Locomotion" that she chants to bewitch her estate's suits of armor to fight off the Nazis

That'd be Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Between this and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Disney churned out some weird-rear end poo poo in the 60s.

Guttlesswonder
Mar 17, 2006

I'll take two adult and two kids tickets for "Alien Erection" please
Sweet Home Alabama: Two hot people play paintball. and glass made from lightning is the key to true love.

Munchies: The meth-head love children of Trolls and a Ken doll try to take over a town and maybe they eat people.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

ˇThree Amigos!

Chicken extras in peril! Real chickens keep getting almost stomped by horses.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Deep Impact: the serious, dour giant-meteor movie to Armageddon's stupid action giant-meteor movie. One of the leads stands on a beach when the meteor hits to commit suicide via giant tidal wave. There's a prominent shot of a case of Ensure at one point, I guess for people to survive off of in the meteor shelter, but ???

Contact: it turns out the aliens are God and also your dead dad?

The Core: SAVED BY WHALES

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Armageddon or was it deep impact? Led Zeppelin or Aerosmith does the main song and like Bruce Willis has to blow up an asteroid before it blows up the Earth.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

The Cell J.Lo is a shrink and she does the matrix thing but into her patient's minds and it's trippy as hell man. There's a killer that's not the red dragon.

Ice Pirates Star studded cast and like water is super valuable for some reason. Maybe it was supposed to be a parody of Star Wars? Anyways like I think Ron Perlman is in it as the lead or something. I was pretty drunk when I watched it.

Cecil B. Demented A bunch of film school kids try and find what makes film real and there's a lot of hardcore and blast beats for the soundtrack.

Air Bud The dog becomes a member of a basketball team or was it soccer?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Volcano There's an active volcano in LA. Tommy Lee Jones stands around police cars looking sad until the climax when jumps across lava to get his daughter.

The Rock An army guy gets a bunch of flesh-eating goo and holes up in a prison with a warhead, but he's actually the good guy. Sean Connery is an ex-con and rolls through a bunch of fans and a flamethrower, then opens a door.

Repo Man A young guy eats cat food because his parents can't stop sending all their money to Pay to Pray. A bunch of guys in hazmat suits roam the background but are never addressed, and the trunk of the car is aliens.

Guttlesswonder
Mar 17, 2006

I'll take two adult and two kids tickets for "Alien Erection" please

Das Boo posted:

Volcano There's an active volcano in LA. Tommy Lee Jones stands around police cars looking sad until the climax when jumps across lava to get his daughter.

I got booed in that movie for yelling "I'm melting!" when the dude jumped off the train into lava to save that kid. Good times.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Duuuude. That's it. You rock. I guess I'm not the only one to have seen this? Never once heard it come up from any other person before.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

frogge posted:

Armageddon or was it deep impact? Led Zeppelin or Aerosmith does the main song and like Bruce Willis has to blow up an asteroid before it blows up the Earth.

You know darn well it's Armageddon.

Bonus points to me for having my first kiss while slow dancing to that song at a school dance (not sure if I should actually be proud of that)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh great, it's the hearing about a movie from my dad simulator.

We went to go see a movie, it was pretty good, it had a guy who had to shoot Bruce Willis, which was him. I mean, it was his job to shoot people, he's an assassin. He's in the corner in corn and when they up in the corn, he's got to shoot them. Anyway, there's this kid who can move stuff with his mind, and he makes a whirlwind and the guy has to shoot himself to stop it. That's how he kills Bruce Willis, by shooting himself.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
What is that Bruce Willis? He's looking old. You know, I remember the first time I went to see die hard, blah blah blah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Requiem for a dream: just remember the theme song, also something about heroin?