Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Darius099 posted:

Absolutely love this stream, creator seems like a pretty cool guy too. I've been watching and hanging out in the Discord for like 2 weeks now.

I'm actually the Lancer in this clip who starts out the absolute nonsense: S U C C

This was the most entertaining thing I watched all week when I saw it on stream, thank your for your undead Lancer. Never bet on trees, I am scrounging together cash again after going big on a tree team. gently caress them trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

there's a knight currently who starts undead, and his reaction ability is auto potion so he gets hit and then kills himself. his team some how made it to the champions match.

e: they did not win.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 24, 2020

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

The Shortest Path posted:

What the gently caress is even happening?

So the Serpentarius dude had a small chance to cause Vampire on his attack. He whacked me near the start of the battle and gave it to me. Vampires can only use blood suck, which does damage and heals you the same amount, and also turns the target into a Vampire as well (the Serpentarius dude is immune to it himself).

Vampires are weird, they're considered to be on their own team and dead when it comes to checking for victory/defeat. So basically I went around converting people to Vampires. Finally, the only people that weren't dead, or a Vampire, was the monk on my team (who was running away since he was nearly dead) and the Serpentarius monster, who I murdered, which ended the battle because as far as the game saw, the only person "alive" now was the Monk, which means my team had won.

InnercityGriot posted:

This was the most entertaining thing I watched all week when I saw it on stream, thank your for your undead Lancer. Never bet on trees, I am scrounging together cash again after going big on a tree team. gently caress them trees.

I was legitimately laughing like a madman that entire run my Lancer had. The next battle against the champion Grand Marlboro was amazing too.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
What kind of disaster befell the world that a pig made a champion team.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Never underestimate bacon.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ahahahaha the champ's Black Mage did an AoE attack that hit every single member of their own team, and then the Mime repeats it and in a single move half the champ team is dead and the other half has less than 50 HP you absolutely hate to see it

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I finally made it into one of these tourneys. Hooray!

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Deki posted:

I finally made it into one of these tourneys. Hooray!

!allin Deki's team

EDIT: 9 damage archer hitting Damage Split knight with endless singing monk on commentary. This is Hell. 155 seconds until timeout before the win.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 26, 2020

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Regretting my decision to buy a Byblos, all they do is miss Petrify the whole fight before getting pasted. And they cost 500 to put into a fight.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Robots! Robots everywhere!

EDIT: The bets actually made the chatbot ringer the underdog.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 27, 2020

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Been pretty obsessed with this for a few weeks. It's the first thing on twitch that I've ever subscribed to.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Won a big chunk of money by being a top 3 better on a massive upset, I'm guessing I should keep about 1k in reserve in case there's a skill I want to buy?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

https://clips.twitch.tv/NurturingLightTarsierBCouch

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Never bet on me.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

This is extremely entertaining but it moves SO loving fast and theres so much info flashing on the screen I can see how it would not work for someone who has no idea what's going on

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

are the chances to hit with buffs altered? It's been like a decade since I played FFT, but I seem to remember buffs being something that can't miss as long as a target is in their cross, but they seem to miss all the time here.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Nitrousoxide posted:

are the chances to hit with buffs altered? It's been like a decade since I played FFT, but I seem to remember buffs being something that can't miss as long as a target is in their cross, but they seem to miss all the time here.

No, buffs have always had a chance to hit based on MA, Faith and Zodiac compatibility.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Statuses are annoying for that reason, nothing like watching a guy throw a fight away trying to cast haste on himself and just getting mauled every time he misses.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
22-time champs holy poo poo.

EDIT: 23! 24! Can they break the record? 25!

EDIT2: Fallen to the AI being stupid. You were right next to that crystal dragoon!

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 29, 2020

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

My archer is now a champion :smug:

After throwing the first round and being carried by the knight, I went apeshit the next three matchups and oneshot someone nearly every time

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Concurred posted:

My archer is now a champion :smug:

After throwing the first round and being carried by the knight, I went apeshit the next three matchups and oneshot someone nearly every time

You did work but goddamn that dragoon did a dumb.

shs
Feb 14, 2012
Every champion team I bet on loses, even the ones who won 20+ matches beforehand.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

This is extremely entertaining but it moves SO loving fast and theres so much info flashing on the screen I can see how it would not work for someone who has no idea what's going on

Yeah I want to try enjoying this but I need to know a little more of what's going on. Like why do some people hit with Destroy for like 50 damage and then other times they freaking whomp for 300+? What resource do FFT nerds use for looking up formulas/interactions?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

The battle mechanics FAQ on Gamefaqs has formulas for everything https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/faqs/3876

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

yergacheffe posted:

Yeah I want to try enjoying this but I need to know a little more of what's going on. Like why do some people hit with Destroy for like 50 damage and then other times they freaking whomp for 300+? What resource do FFT nerds use for looking up formulas/interactions?

Steel Giants will have way more PA to fuel their Destroys than weak fleshbags human units.

shs
Feb 14, 2012
this was amusing while it lasted

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Something I noticed with Lancers, is they will NOT jump and just spam lovely spells if they have the ability to cast magic. So keep your eyes peeled for lovely magic secondaries ruining the otherwise good Lancer AI.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

yergacheffe posted:

If you see damage wildly changing during battle, it is because of Zodiac Compatibility.

There is Best, Good, Bad, and Worst. Which give highest to lowest numbers and hitchances for all damage and hit chance formula.

There are charts that show how it works but it's all really hard to keep track of unless you memorize the relationships for each symbol. But it DOES matter a lot so a lot of insane bullshit throws can happen because a bunch of raises get missed on a worst compatibility ally.

edit: Also forgot to mention, any spell used to inflict magic damage as well as magic guns are also based on Faith number, where the more faith you have/the target has the more damage or healing you receive and the higher % chance of being buffed/debuffed, and visaversa low faith/lower damage or healing/ lower % chance of buffs and debuffs landing. Keep your eyes on the faith numbers when you see mages, if they are low faith they are going to suck.

The battle mechanics guide linked earlier explains the formula extensively, and man there are a LOT of formula in this game with completely different factors. Like Geomancy being based on (MA+PA)/2 for damage and bows using Speed, Brave factoring directly into barehand normal attacks in the damage formula and other crazy weirdness like that. Meanwhile Drawout scales ONLY with MA and magic guns scale ONLY with user faith & target faith.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Feb 6, 2020

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Trying to keep track of all that stuff in the minute you have to make a bet is basically a fool's errand, most of the time. There's just so much information presented in such a small amount of time and visual space.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Oh my God, this is pretty amazing. Agreed with The Shortest Path, it's hard to keep track of the character's skills, equipment, stats, etc, but it's a very interesting use of Twitch and one of my favorite games of all time.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Get in here this is gonna be extremely stupid.

quote:

Next Tournament will be a Special Spacetime Distortion Tournament! All characters will have Teleport 2 as their Movement skill! Monsters will be given it innately!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Tournament of champions was an excellent watch except for the jerk rear end commentator who had to scream as if some super hype action was happening when it was just a bot menuing through its actions. Felt really forced. Other guy was ok though.