Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I loving love these little Luminosprites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The new Lux is crazy.

Sadly, I hear the other two champs aren't very good in their current state.

phbr
Jan 6, 2013

The Vegetable of Doom

Megazver posted:

The new Lux is crazy.

Sadly, I hear the other two champs aren't very good in their current state.

I haven't tried Vex yet but Lilia is definitely very strong, it's just that her deck is terrible. The general game plan is always to get 2 of her on board by sleeping one and playing a second (more than 2 is ofc possible but less reliable to achieve) and then do shenanigans after she levels. Double/triple Guardian Orb is really fun, or you could go double Stalker's Blade and instantly generate a new 0-cost sleep card as long as there are 2 enemies on board.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Vex is alright, but her deck doesn’t have many great control tools to apply gloom with. And the way that her power interacts with some other champions like Veigar or Swain makes it so her spell damage to units doesn’t count as damage for the purpose of leveling them. People on Reddit seem upset about her power in the teaser trailer (all damage is dealt as gloom) getting nerfed to spell damage getting dealt as gloom.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Wollawolla posted:

Vex is alright, but her deck doesn’t have many great control tools to apply gloom with. And the way that her power interacts with some other champions like Veigar or Swain makes it so her spell damage to units doesn’t count as damage for the purpose of leveling them. People on Reddit seem upset about her power in the teaser trailer (all damage is dealt as gloom) getting nerfed to spell damage getting dealt as gloom.

Their problem is mostly that the version in the teaser was nuts and an interesting expansion on the "damage reduces enemy attack" power, but now Vex's deck doesn't have enough ways to get Gloom going early to take advantage of her 1 and 3-star powers and her two-star power causes a lot of weird anti-synergies like Drain spells not draining and the champions you mentioned not working. It's just a really disappointing way for her to turn out.

EDIT: At the end of the day, Lillia and Vex are really cool champions whose PoC decks need more tuning to feel good. Lillia is a lot of fun despite it, but Vex stumbles.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 27, 2024

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
To compare, this was my Vex vs. ASol win:

Looks good, right? Well, it was, and Vex can be fun, just like any champ can be fun when you get a broken power/relic combo like this:

Two epic relics, one legendary power, 3* Vex level 23 (25 was after the win). This was after several failed attempts.

And then this was my second try at ASol with a level 14, 2* Lux (try #1 was cut short by an unavoidable duplicate Karma who highrolled into Ghost turn 1 and Dragon's Rage turn 2):

Note that the luminosprite is killing ASol pretty comfortably. And I didn't have any super broken powers:

I haven't played Lillia much, but considering she managed to clear Thresh at level 1, I'm not really worried about her.

Bottom line: Lux and Lillia seem strong, Vex is fun when she works, but needs more help from powers/reinforcements than the others.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Haven't bothered attempting the Lissandra track for a while but finally got Kindred to 30 to give it a go and I'd forgotten just how tedious it was :smith:

What's a good build for Kindred here? I've been using the "cost 1 less per ally, deal 3 to allies", "eat my supported unit for its stats + keywords" and "challenger+tough+overwhelm" relics but I keep losing the run because so many fights just seem to hard counter me unless I'm absurdly lucky, which is very annoying given how railroady this track can be in places.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

Guardian Angel + double Everfrost is a super safe Kindred build for Liss. Just keep printing Kindreds while stunning their board. GA is generally really good with Kindred, other builds use that + double Guardian Orb or double Stalkers Blade.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Does Spectral Scissors do anything with those shenanigans or is that just gilding the lily?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Haha, I went into my first GA/GO/GO run completely forgetting that I'd changed relics and hosed it straight out of the gate by taking the "summon two robot arm lads" power :allears:

Think I need some general tips for this track because I just keep getting railroaded into poo poo like "first enemy unit captures your strongest unit" or "frostbite every unit you play" or "give the first enemy unit +20/+0" combined with that "first enemy unit gets double stats + fearsome" and not being able to block anything.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

MuLepton posted:

Guardian Angel + double Everfrost is a super safe Kindred build for Liss. Just keep printing Kindreds while stunning their board. GA is generally really good with Kindred, other builds use that + double Guardian Orb or double Stalkers Blade.
Can you explain how this works? I assumed the gimmick was Spirit Journey making two Kindreds every time but that seems way too slow against Lissandra - she's usually levelled by the time Kindred is out and then kills them instantly with free Ice Shard so I'm not even sure how I'd do it with the double stun relic version - do I just have to luck into getting tough along the way?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think you can get Spellshield on all units (including enemy units) through Ethereal Remitter or whatever which is guaranteed on... the top path?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Which champs can actually do this adventure without it being unbearable? I've done ASol, Morgana and LeBlanc so far and I'm pretty much sick of trying it with Kindred, I just want the last two rewards and then I can gently caress it off forever.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

Pilchenstein posted:

Can you explain how this works? I assumed the gimmick was Spirit Journey making two Kindreds every time but that seems way too slow against Lissandra - she's usually levelled by the time Kindred is out and then kills them instantly with free Ice Shard so I'm not even sure how I'd do it with the double stun relic version - do I just have to luck into getting tough along the way?

No, you’re pretty much right, that is the game plan, and it’s what I used to beat Liss with Kindred. For reference, I didn’t get permaspellshield at the remitter, but I got „all players get three 0 cost ruinations“. My Kindred didn’t have tough, they just picked up the „give me +1/+1 when you cast a spell“ along the way, which isn’t even that useful if you go for the printing strat.

It’s been a while, but I don’t think Liss had leveled when I played my Kindred.

Here’s a pretty detailed post by the guy who designed the Liss adventure about the Everfrost strategy: https://www.reddit.com/r/PathofChampions/s/PWZs4V3FU2

As for other champs, do you have Spectal Scissors? If yes, Nidalee is pretty much a freebie.

Personally, my Liss wins have been with ASol, Morg, Elise (Spirit of the Buhru + Galeforce + Voidborne Carapace), Nid (Spectral Scissors + Lost Chapter, third relic doesn’t matter), Kindred (GA + 2x Everfrost), Darius (triple Z-Drive, powers matter more than Darius himself) and Jhin (Gatebreaker + Riptide Battery + Everfrost)

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I gave it one last try with Kindred and made it to Liss but I just can't see how you beat her once she's levelled (or pulls one of the in-deck Ice Shards) - does the spellshield power give it on summon or is it like "units are permanently immune to spells"?

Edit: beat it on my final revive attempt because it bricked itself by not playing Liss until turn 4 for some reason, so I could instantly Crumble her

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Apr 30, 2024

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
The spellshield power is an aura. All units on board have a permanent spellshield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

The latter, which is why it’s so good against Liss - you’re permanently immune to her removal spells.