Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lid posted:

In his 1941 book about the defeated presidential candidates, They Also Ran, Irving Stone mentioned how Seymour was one of America's greatest statesmen. Stone theorized that Seymour would have been "one of the most farsighted and creative of American presidents." He also believed that Seymour's gentle character made him the "most logical figure in the country to bind the wounds of the war and wipe out the bitterness...."

“The merit of our Constitution was, not that it promotes democracy, but checks it.”

After listening to thousands of pleas for pardon to offenders, I can hardly recall a case where I did not feel that I might have fallen as my fellow man had done, if I had been subjected to the same demoralizing influences and pressed by the same temptations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Please don't post pictures of Raven in this thread.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

on behalf of Team 3, I nominate William Henry Harrison for our team mascot.

After his failed attempt in 1836, he went on to win in 1840 and remains America's Best President (by dying 31 days into his term and thus accomplishing absolutely nothing).

Faarky
Jan 29, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

RIP Team 2. The worst slot.

Have faith, Rufus will carry us through.... (dear lord its going to be a comedy elimination followed by a 1:58 Heyman promo isn't it :ohdear: )

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
all the people that didnt pick a name get to be john mccain

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
also is it too late to declare friendship? feeling good about my number this year and would like to celebrate and be recorded as a winner

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Team 11 will be Winfield Scott Hancock unless there are objections purely because the name Hancock is funny.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

hello friends when i signed up my partner and i were still in a tiff and i thought for sure i would be watching the rumble with the best online wrestling forum around but now we are patching things up in and if i end up not participating just know that i am ALL IN ON SIXTEEN LET'S GO ROBERT LA FOLETTE IT'S GOING TO BE A DOUBLE DOSE OF SWEET SIXTEEN RUMBLE WINS BAYBAY

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

on behalf of Team 3, I nominate William Henry Harrison for our team mascot.

After his failed attempt in 1836, he went on to win in 1840 and remains America's Best President (by dying 31 days into his term and thus accomplishing absolutely nothing).

I mean this is probably quite fitting for our entrant, just replace 31 days with ooh, 31 seconds?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
lets go mcgovern!

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.
Folks, the man who draws #29 never has a chance at being the Iron Man of the Rumble, but he DOES have a very good chance at winning the Royal Rumble And Going On To Main Event Wrestlemania!

This has happened twice, in 2003 with Brock Lesnar, and again in 2010 (a Rumble I attended!) with Edge.

The winner of the Royal Rumble, however, has never been eaten by wolves, a scenario that was definitely brought into question with our mascot, Gerald Ford. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7IN1UDWJgY

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
An important message from team cinco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHrOo59LCas

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Its been decades in the making; al gore is bringing the gore and saving the planet

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Always nice to get a number where no entrant has ever even made the final four.

Welp, time to strap the dog on the car roof and get on Team Mittens!

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

Dell_Zincht posted:

I mean this is probably quite fitting for our entrant, just replace 31 days with ooh, 31 seconds?

if we make it past 31 seconds I will be over the moon.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Jerusalem posted:

Please don't post pictures of Raven in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deBjxpxnvnA&t=32s

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sure that works, I don't think I could possibly be less interested in this show so Mondale is perfect.

:same:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Go battlin' Cocks!

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I’m at the buzzer dubbing our team 15 Jesse Jackson! Here’s to the halfway mark!!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

try the new taco place posted:

I’m at the buzzer dubbing our team 15 Jesse Jackson! Here’s to the halfway mark!!!!

Updated the listing in the Royal Rumble thread to match.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Lucky 7s baybeeee!!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/rsierra23/status/1221529169152086026

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
when the biggest surprise they could pull is rhondha 2 and edge risking paralisys boy the wwe is in loving trouble

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I have been called a tricky dick before. thank you Richie Nixon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I am unofficially joining Team 27 through Google's official random number generator.