Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Problem description: I use two monitors with my R9 390 GPU-- an HDMI and a DVI for a secondary. While the second monitor is always active during BIOS, in the last year I've had to turn the secondary monitor off/on to get the GPU to recognize the second display once we're at Windows. After installing a new bluetooh adapter/wi-fi card, the second monitor is no longer recognized once I get to Windows. I've tried some common solutions but nothing has yet worked.

Attempted fixes: Uninstalled/reinstalled GPU drivers and restarted the machine. I also checked the BIOS to make sure my PC was detecting the card-- it is. The first monitor is reading from its HDMI port. I checked all ports and connections and tried the DVI on other ports to no result. I also made sure the GPU was seated and powered-- it is.

Recent changes: I did dust out the interior and install a bluetooth adapter in a PCIe slot. I made sure all connections were working before booting it up and the second monitor is recognized by the BIOS-- just not Windows/the GPU.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit Home

System specs:
  • CPU-- Intel i5-4590 3.30Ghz
  • Motherboard-- ASRock Z97 Pro4 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
  • GPU-- Radeon R9 390
  • RAM-- 12 GB DDR3 3113
  • PSU-- Seasonic Gold Certified 750W
  • HDDs-- 1 TB Western Digital, 4 TB Western Digital
  • SSDs-- 128 GB Aireye (OS), 256 GB BIWIN SSD, 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Is W10 fully updated?

Also, make sure you're on the latest motherboard BIOS: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97%20Pro4/#BIOS