Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
wanting wings releases on steam tomorrow

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2685610/Wanting_Wings/

this is one of the best yuri vns i've ever read. incredibly funny, has a very stupid and relatable sense of humor. the characters are very well defined, they all behave in very understandable ways and play with the common dynamics of the sort of slice of life anime trio they're set up as. the way each route explores them and how being in a relationship, or the outside observer to a relationship, changes the ways they act around others, is very well thought out and it has a genuine interest in exploring homosexuality, personally and a bit societally as well. if it's anything like the existing mangagamer release it includes the sequel, which is as good or even better and does a lot to flesh out one of the characters as well as introducing a new one who i really like. the drama it goes into does a great job threading a line of being small scale enough not to overturn the more relaxed atmosphere of the story, but grounded enough to make sense as things people in these sorts of relationships would believably encounter in real life. if you enjoy lesbian romance and slice of life stories with a decent bit of drama, this is far and away one of the best of its kind.

if you don't use the r18 patch for this release i wouldn't say you lose out on too much, the stuff they'll likely have removed has funny dialog and the game's frankness towards sexuality in general can be pretty funny but it's just a handful of pretty short scenes.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garter_snake
Feb 13, 2012

I'm reading through White Album 2 right now, and it's actually incredibly solid. I wonder if we'll see a steam release.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Finished 9 persons 9 hours 9 doors. It's pretty dcent, a solid 7/10

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Namtab posted:

Finished 9 persons 9 hours 9 doors. It's pretty dcent, a solid 7/10

Now it's time for VLR

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's good so far, but would benefit from not showing me extended map/door cutscenes

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Namtab posted:

It's good so far, but would benefit from not showing me extended map/door cutscenes

yeah that poo poo is crazy, it's been a complaint since the original release in 2012 and it has never been changed

maybe its not an easy change but it never stops forcing you to watch it even on further playthroughs

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I understand why they constantly show it, so you have a good sense of the layout of the facility for multiple routes and know where characters are if you put down the game for an extended period, but yeah it's a massive timesink. In a full playthrough the total runtime of just those transition screens winds up being just over an hour.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
reading katahane. this game is sick. please buy it whenever jast actually finally gets around to releasing it in english

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, this was a fairly amusing happening in the last few days.

https://x.com/jastusa/status/1778077901268607312

Completely sold out of both versions shortly thereafter.

Also with this amusing response to game reporters later in the day.

quote:

"Yes, that post on X dot com was a hyperbolic joke and I am kind of terrified by how many people took it at face value. I may need your help and that of the gaming press at large to inform the world that I'm not changing the name of our company to Dave's Fumo Emporium to focus on one single product SKU to the exclusion of all others."

edit: On the extremely remote off-chance someone in this thread has somehow never heard of this famous/infamous 20+ year old VN written by Gen Urobuchi, absolutely do not go looking for it beyond just looking at the fumos unless you're very much prepared.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 14, 2024