Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Kansas City Chiefs 65 0.71%
San Francisco 49ers 42 0.46%
Goku 9016 98.52%
Lamar is the MVP 28 0.31%
Total: 9151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They did. Which seemed weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I think the owner decides how many rings get made and for whom, so Hunt can certainly request one gets made for Fitzpatrick for his week 17 heroics

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The league provides funds for X rings, then the team owner can buy as many as he wants on top of that.

So yeah, he can give them to all the team employees, his chauffeur, his favorite handjob girl, Putin, you name it.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Kalli posted:

The league provides funds for X rings, then the team owner can buy as many as he wants on top of that.

Specifically, around $5000 for each of up to 150 rings. https://www.cnn.com/style/article/super-bowl-rings-history/index.html

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Chiefs won the Super Bowl and didn't have clock management issues.

I killed myself last night. I am dead.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1224413753191686150

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

kiimo posted:

The Chiefs won the Super Bowl and didn't have clock management issues.

I killed myself last night. I am dead.

Congrats, Chiefs fan. Your team deserves the win.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Just noticed the spinny play also had the old Tom Landry all the linemen stand up from the ready position before getting set too.

https://twitter.com/247KevinBoilard/status/1224208710735712257

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My kingdom for watching the practice when they installed that play. Andy Reid as a stereotypical fussy/prissy dance teacher in a skin-tight black leotard, yelling at Patrick Mahomes that his spin isn't fast enough.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Andy is Dom Deluise in Blazing Saddles

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

no, he's Abby Lee from dance moms

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Just noticed the spinny play also had the old Tom Landry all the linemen stand up from the ready position before getting set too.

https://twitter.com/247KevinBoilard/status/1224208710735712257

I don't see the dudes pirouetting in the Rose Bowl clip.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I looked away for a second when that spin move happened and everyone went "Woah, what the gently caress?" and then I looked back and the ball was snapped and was confused about what happened that was so surprising :(

Also I woke up yesterday morning to a notification for a news article about how apparently Pat had been practicing behind the back throws and was trying to convince Andy to let him do a play with it. I thought that's what they were gonna do when he ran up to Andy at the very end of the game and they didn't :mad:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The NFL in general needs more pirouetting, twerking, all that kind of thing.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm kind of sad that I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up hating Pat Mahomes for 20 years ala Brady/Manning

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Mahomes gleefully videobombing Myers' interview with Reid was the most awesome thing

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
The real magic trick the Chiefs played was making Jimmy G look good for two or three quarters, then taking it back when it counted.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

20 Blunts posted:

The real magic trick the Chiefs played was making Jimmy G look good for two or three quarters, then taking it back when it counted.

That's not a magic trick, that's just Jimmy G. Great at times, just inconsistent.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

20 Blunts posted:

This is the yin and yang of Jimmy G.

Converted two different third and sixteens in the same drive to beat the Rams.

Also, was in two different third and sixteens in the same drive.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

would you rather have jimmy g, teddy b, kirky c, jared g, andy d, or derek c.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Cavauro posted:

would you rather have jimmy g, teddy b, kirky c, jared g, andy d, or derek c.

Like straight up they will be the qb of my team? Like if I was on the Bengals, would I want Teddy B over Andy Dalton? Plug your choice into an existing team or build one from the ground up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why is this thread still open?