Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

In an epic battle of youth vs. experience, who would win? Golden Girls vs. Spice girls: The Retirement Rumble vs. The Girl-Power Grind.

For the purposes of this battle, we will imagine each team at the height of their respective popularities in the early to mid-90s.

Let's look at the teams:

The Glorius Golden Girls

Rose Nylund
class - cleric
interesting factoid - The only surviving member of The Massacre of St. Olaf, Rose has a tortured past that she compensates for with a sunny personality.
special ability - Folk Wisdom. When Folk Wisdom is invoked, the entire team's defense is raised and applies a small health generation. 5% chance of resulting in Confusion.
description - Weak on attack, but almost physically indestructible, Rose is an exceptional support member of the team.

Blanche Devereaux
class - gently caress warlock
interesting factoid - Blanche has seduced and had her nasty way with every race, class and creature possible.
special ability - Big Dick Energy. Blanche is able to absorb and use the power of any known dick. The size of the dick is used as an effect multiplier to any of her spells.
description - This lady fucks!

Dorothy Zbornak
class - barbarian
interesting factoid - Dorothy served one year in the Attica Correctional Facility.
special ability - Death Stare. This ability intimidates all but the strongest enemies and can even cause physical damage. In weaker enemies this has a chance to cause instant death and at higher levels, can completely disintegrate foes. Death Stare takes an entire turn and no actions may be performed until is has finished.
description - Immense in size and sarcasm, Dorothy stands astride the battlefield like a colossus. Equipped with a rapier wit and a rapier named Wit, Dorothy never backs down from a fight.

Sophia Petrillo
class - gun owner
interesting factoid - Sophia has a gun
special ability - Shoot. Sophia shoots you with a gun.
description - Stop or she will shoot (you with her gun).

Those Spicy Spice Girls

Posh Spice
class - warlock
interesting factoid - Posh is the fancy one!
special ability - Tall Shoes. Posh can call upon the power of Tall Shoes to step over any defensive wall or physical barrier. Due to the elemental nature of Tall Shoes, this even grants Posh power over magical barriers.
description - Posh is small, but has VERY tall shoes.

Scary Spice
class - rogue
interesting factoid - u wot m8?
special ability - Big 'Ol Fart. Scary's in-your-face attitude is only matched by her in-your-face farting. Opponents take damage per turn until fart cloud dissipates. Cloud has a chance to deal damage to allies.
description - I swear on me nan *farts*

Baby Spice
class - adult baby
interesting factoid - Somebody needs a change!
special ability - Up All Night. Baby Spice can cast Up All Night dealing fatigue damage to one member of the opposing team.
description - Uh oh! I think somebody needs a nap!

Sporty Spice
class - monk
special ability - Pumped Up. Pumped Up energizes the team with her exceptional athleticism at the cost of a small amount of physical damage.
description - Track suit.

Ginger Spice
class - English
special ability - British Colonialism. Once per day, Ginger Spice can claim one (1) territory of any nation and enslave its people. Ginger's special weakness is Popular Revolt.
description - Weak and apologetic, Ginger is actually the most dangerous of all the Spice Girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Sophia Petrillo
class - gun owner
interesting factoid - Sophia has a gun
special ability - Shoot. Sophia shoots you with a gun.
description - Stop or she will shoot (you with her gun).

what kind of gun?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Heather Papps posted:

what kind of gun?

pearl-handled .45 Colt revolver

Heather Papps

hello friend

pearl-handled .45 Colt revolver

:hmmorks:

Finger Prince

Blanche can use seduce on Scary Spice's partner, causing Scary to be immobilized by Jealous Rage, effectively removing her from combat for 5 rounds plus Blanche's level. Wisdom save to reduce by half.

Heather Papps

hello friend

im worried gingers ability to enslave the golden girls may be op

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

im worried gingers ability to enslave the golden girls may be op

I think Sophia's feistiness and penchant for firearms effectively counters Ginger's colonialism. That leaves Rose to take care of Baby, and Dorothy to engage in epic battle with Sporty. So call it a draw, really.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Finger Prince posted:

I think Sophia's feistiness and penchant for firearms effectively counters Ginger's colonialism. That leaves Rose to take care of Baby, and Dorothy to engage in epic battle with Sporty. So call it a draw, really.

unacceptable. there must be a winner

Finger Prince

unacceptable. there must be a winner

Well at least call it even odds.

City of Glompton

i don't even need to read the stats i know the golden girls will snatch the spice girls wigs without even blinking

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Stoner Sloth

City of Glompton posted:

i don't even need to read the stats i know the golden girls will snatch the spice girls wigs without even blinking

it's this OP - also consider that they are far higher level and therefore have access to additional spells and have more hit dice!1

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

i'm pretty sure the golden and spice girls are different evolutions of the same pokeman. golden girls win it every time, but it's not exactly fair

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Heather Papps

hello friend

if your attention level is high enough you get a spice
if your salt level is high enough you get a golden

i mean it's like umbreon vs espeon i think it's really just down to taste

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
I would argue that the living golden girls could drop the spice girls on their heads, and now that all but rose are undead their innate resistance to most spells and weapons wouldn't even make it a challenge.

Ebeneezer Splooge
Can we get a new dungeon master? One with Balance in mind!?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

City of Glompton posted:

Stoner Sloth posted:

it's this OP - also consider that they are far higher level and therefore have access to additional spells and have more hit dice!1

look, we ALL want the Golden Gals to win this fight. We know in our hearts that the classy ladies in their golden years are fan favorites and should be a shoe in to win. What I'm saying is that even though they SHOULD win, we all know that real life often subverts expectations. I'm asking everyone to imagine a battle between the Golden Girls and the Spice Girls and what unexpected results may occur.

Ebeneezer Splooge posted:

Can we get a new dungeon master? One with Balance in mind!?

absolutely

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
lol at everything, but

Dorothy Zbornak
class - barbarian

LMAO