Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That was a pretty solid merge tribal. Love locky's, "I'm not gonna vote for people playing it safe, I want to see big blindsides" speech before he gets blindsided.

Also David openly playing the middle game... but having the complete trust of both sides that he's with them is pretty top tier poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's a nice twist mixing the surprise we aren't voting anyone out at this tribal nonsense into an actual advantage for someone in the game...

Having a sword for the tribe immunity idol is pretty badass.

Also, Ironman David is the best. Also considering I believe he does at least some work in NYC and he's the type of Model / Actor US Survivor should be getting instead of the idiots they have done in the past... get this fucker on US Survivor.

He's starting to wear on me a bit with all the pop culture references but he's playing a hell of a game.

And he's sitting in an alliance with a bunch of do-nothings like Mo-umbles, Jacqui, and Tarzan, plus he's holding two idols. The way he crushed Phoebe when she was relying on him so heavily felt cruel, and seeing Nick go when they could have cancelled that Tribal hurt, but it sure did set David up well.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 5, 2020

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fast Luck posted:

He's starting to wear on me a bit with all the pop culture references but he's playing a hell of a game.

And he's sitting in an alliance with a bunch of do-nothings like Moumbles, Jacqui, and Tarzan, plus he's holding two idols. The way he crushed Phoebe when she was relying on him so heavily felt cruel, and seeing Nick go when they could have cancelled that Tribal hurt, but it sure did set David up well.

Not really though. Phoebe voted against his plan in the previous vote and then was like, "Yea he's totally my #1 ally, I can trust him 100%."

Like, no you probably can't lady cause you proved to him that he can't trust your rear end.

That's just dumb game play.

Honestly though, I don't mind the pop culture references, dude is out there just having fun.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I loved the first couple refs, like "Gold Jerry, gold!" and I loved when he found the idol and did the maniacal "I can feel the POWERRRRR" but now it's begun to wear on me with a new one in almost every single confessional. Guy is still an all-time character whatever one thinks, and he's proving he's a great player to boot, but it just is feeling a bit like he's putting on too much of a deliberate show and over-acting sometimes now, that's all. Like, what he did to Phoebe, I'm not criticizing the game sense but wearing her idol during the tribal he voted her out was probably a bad move done just to rub her nose in it, presumably for the sake of being an epic villain on TV -- which he is, I just think he's leaning into it a little hard.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, I guess that's fair and I can understand why someone would tire of that part of his character :). But it's also probably hard for David too considering he was effectively doing back to back seasons (although with a bigger gap than US Survivors that have done it).

Also in other random news, looks like Locke is going to be The Bachelor on Australians version of that dumb show... And I guess Brooke was a bit surprised by it. https://celebrity.nine.com.au/tv/th...64-2af3a4346146

Almost feel like actually trying to watch that dumb poo poo because Locke is pretty fun on Survivor at least... :(

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I laughed a lot at the Locky stuff on RHAP. ”There will be no exit interview because the last guy voted out is The Bachelor now.” :confused:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
David is a good player, but I think AUS is over, over exposing him. It's like Rick Devens and if they just gave him 50% of the screentime he'd be fine.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Harry not giving Nick that no tribal advantage was rough and I think is going to massively detract from the merge.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It definitely had a big impact on the post merge game. Also means we probably have another surprise no one goes home tribal coming up.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Also it apparently wouldn't have delayed merge, but production wouldn't tell Harry whether or not it did, so he had no idea how dangerous it would be to give it away.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Well, if it wasn't the swap that sent this season to poo poo, and it wasn't the merge that sent this season to poo poo, Lee leaving has certainly sent this season to poo poo.

This is going to be a DIRE couple of weeks. A super boring power alliance with a bunch of terrible players that won't make any moves, and the need to now do TWO MORE non-elimination episodes. This is going to be painful.

The fake manufactured drama for next episode is going to be which 3 go to Edge, there will now be SIX people there with FIVE of them coming back. How low stakes is that? Then the next few episodes we'll be watching whoever is left out of Shonnee, AK, Brooke get voted out all over again. I think they will still need to do another non-elimination as well.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I get it, it sucks. But I think they likely are making the best of the situation. They were already too far ahead with eliminations with Harry not using his advantage, and then with Lee having to leave the game, they likely wanted to do something to get the game back on schedule. I think it's a fine twist though and is a good way to potentially form cracks in the major alliance.

Also they could be looking at a 5-3 split after the exile challenge, or even a 6-2 split would give room for someone looking to make a move.

The non elimination twists are just part of Australian Survivor, you know they are going to happen, just a matter of how and when.

And with doing 2 non eliminations this week, there shouldn't need to be another one.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

And with doing 2 non eliminations this week, there shouldn't need to be another one.

I could be wrong, but I think they needed to do one more non-elim episode once Harry played his advantage. The fact that Harry didn't play it in the end and Lee leaving, means that that they are still one episode short.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Looten Plunder posted:

I could be wrong, but I think they needed to do one more non-elim episode once Harry played his advantage. The fact that Harry didn't play it in the end and Lee leaving, means that that they are still one episode short.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

But we are getting 2 non elimination episodes this week. I don't think they are going to do a double elimination on Wednesday, and likely it will just be the 6 fighting to get back in the game. Pretty sure Jonathan said it was gonna be a series of challenges.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I guess the idea is this could reveal the majority alliance pecking order and shake things up?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

But we are getting 2 non elimination episodes this week. I don't think they are going to do a double elimination on Wednesday, and likely it will just be the 6 fighting to get back in the game. Pretty sure Jonathan said it was gonna be a series of challenges.

Those two non-elims are to make up for the Harry advantage and the Lee evacuation. I think they still needed one additional planned non-elimination.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Looten Plunder posted:

Those two non-elims are to make up for the Harry advantage and the Lee evacuation. I think they still needed one additional planned non-elimination.

They should be on track to not need any non elims assuming they are following the last 2 seasons and doing 24 episodes. After tomorrow night, there will be 6 episodes and 8 players left.

Also all the players that are left, they are all likable and I would be fine with any of the 9 winning.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

I guess the idea is this could reveal the majority alliance pecking order and shake things up?
it worked?

David's position seems to have completely tanked here. He needs to focus on making nice and knocking out Shonee and AK, but (rightfully) feels betrayed by Jackie and may be inclined to go after her instead. The fact that Sharn and Mo both knew about that move and let it happen tells me going after Jackie might not work.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Well Mo and Sharn are going to have to choose. The reason they are pretending they weren't in on it was so they could still work with David, so they'll have to choose whether they'll work with Dave to get Jacqui or work with Jacqui (to presumabley get Dave).

Although, what the gently caress was Mo doing last night? Apparently she told Dave to play the idol on Zac, presumably to flush the idol, but how does she expect to play dumb when she's now given away that she was in on the plan? And despite that plan not working she's still throwing winks at the Jury and taking credit for the move? She's so frustrating.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Or is it an act of genius? Thinking about flipping but not 100% if you want too. Tell Dave there is a plan to take out Zak and he should play the idol. Dave doesn't play the idol, Zak goes home and now Dave will trust Mo 100% and his sidekick just got voted out. Puts Mo in a pretty good spot if she's looking to stick with Dave.

And really, the vote puts the game in a 3v3 with Jacqui and maybe Sharn sitting in the middle.

And really the only player that's left that probably doesn't have much of an argument to win the game is Tarzan, and even he could try to play the social / loyal card, but doubt that would fly very far since nobody seems bitter about getting blindsided thus far.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That was one hell of a final 8 tribal council. And now Sharn has herself in the middle swing vote position.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hmm, Looks like I was wrong when predicting they weren't going to try to do another non elimination before the end. Even though it didn't happen, wonder what's next for the last few episodes!

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

"David, smashing nut after nut really having trouble."

"David really busting a nut trying to get that second target."

That HAS to be on purpose, right?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

"David, smashing nut after nut really having trouble."

"David really busting a nut trying to get that second target."

That HAS to be on purpose, right?

Yea, without a doubt. Jonathan knows what he's doing. He dropped all sorts of ball related puns in the previous season in a challenge.

Also looks like their next season has been officially postponed due to coronavirus. Which I guess follows US Survivor delaying 41.

https://mumbrella.com.au/production-postponed-on-survivor-australia-due-to-coronavirus-travel-restrictions-622051

Although that has got me curious as it seems US Survivor 41 was set to film on March 24th or so and Australian Survivor looking to start filming their next season in April. Both in Fuji. I wonder how close in proximity the 2 productions would be going on? Like are the crews on totally different islands or are they sharing resorts and working together?

If you want to see some of Jonathan's ball puns, this challenge in this episode is great... (Around 15 minute mark)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7hquiq

"You gotta fineness your balls into the hole"

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 25, 2020

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also seems crazy to think that Dave or Mo would take each other to the final 2. So pretty safe to say that Sharn is going to manage to play 2 seasons of Australian Survivor and finish #2 in both.

Sharn seems like the perfect goat as she lied multiple times to the other side about possibly flipping but then not doing so, gotta create a bitter jury and also a jury that doesn't like that she didn't make any moves on her own.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, Sharn, who sat in the swing position all game long without ever once actually taking a swing, is going to be the object of a lot of juror frustrations, while also not being as beloved by the majority alliance members because she was always a bit fickle. A totally impressive failure there. I can probably forgive her promising to flip and then not following through to avoid that rock draw, but telling Tarzan to vote Mo while not voting Mo herself was just total panicked cowardice. And then her confessionals where she says she'd bring David to the end if she wins... what the hell?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Sharn has been making the completely unsupported, and often rebuked, argument that juries respect someone for taking the dominant player to the end. It's something.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I am a robot and don't care about the loved ones visit but bringing them in for the final endurance challenge was good TV.

lol @ Mo throwing the pity vote to Sharn.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Or was it to spite David and prevent him from getting a 9-0 sweep?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That was a pretty good final episode and the jury questions were actually enjoyable to listen to and was a fun final tribal, which seems to be pretty rare these days in US Survivor. Also interesting seeing how a production of Survivor handled the reunion in the midst of the coronavirus.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Moana and Sharn are close RL friends. That was really no surprise.

I did find it nice that Harry stuck up for her, though. Must've been tough getting (although rightfully) slammed in front of nine jurors with no let up.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Any gif wizards out there that can make me an SA-usable avatar from this scene? I've had Coach forever and need to upgrade to David because he's the best.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Well that was a season. Started off so well, then had a bit of a dip for me, but Dave winning truly was incredible.

Harry not giving Nick that advantage has to one of the biggest Survivor what if moments though and I’m surprised the reunion didn’t touch on it.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Where can I even watch any season of this? Will it be region locked online?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sharn lying when they were at rocks was an interesting move. I don't actually know if she was lying or just making a promise with no idea whether she'd end up fulfilling it or not. Of course it pissed off a bunch of jurors, and she even brought that up in her argument ("Of course I'll do it, I don't want to lose your votes"), so overall it out and out sucked, but it was kind of badass wasn't it? Although her trying to get Tarzan to vote Mo for her was just panicked and pathetic.

Easy and deserving win for Dave. Getting rid of Jacqui while Brooke hung around winning immunities really worked perfectly to get him to F3.

Seeing as Brooke got as far as she did, I would say the one big gripe I have with the editors is not playing more to that Brooke vs. Flick rivalry. They could have done so much with that, and Brooke was F4!

It's weird they gave AK a shot to make fire and stay in the game? That would have added an episode, right? Would they have done a F3 if he made that fire?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Seasons
2 > 3 > 1 > 4/5

Winners
5 > 4/2 > 3 > 1

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan
What made Dave's win so incredible is that he did it despite being a big target.. Which Dave could of easily used to flip Sharn's whole pitch about working from behind the scenes on its head.

Elphiem fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 18, 2020