Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I mean the planet could just be further away, or better yet tilted at such an angle that it isn't accepting enough sunlight for proper water. Think how crazy it'd be to be standing on a frozen hellhole... but with two suns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

reignofevil posted:

I mean the planet could just be further away, or better yet tilted at such an angle that it isn't accepting enough sunlight for proper water. Think how crazy it'd be to be standing on a frozen hellhole... but with two suns!

christ alive the reflections would be blinding

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
We can call it tantwoin because it's got two suns and also the sand is snow now

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would like a planet of nothing but suburban tract housing

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Barudak posted:

I would like a planet of nothing but suburban tract housing

Visit military housing some time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A planet consisting of nothing but above ground pools, speeders on cinderblocks, and 6 legged pets with only 5 legs.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Muustafaar, it's mustafar but with two suns and an extra a and an extra u

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A planet consisting entirely of donated merchandise celebrating the Empires win at the battle of Endor

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
What if there are 3 suns, and every hundred and x years everything lines up creating a long term eclipse of all 3 suns casting the planet into total darkness.

Then it’s revealed that beneath the surface lives a race of murderous creatures that are incredibly sensitive to light and are promptly released unto the citizens of this planet once the eclipse happens.

Luckily the Jedi carry lightsabers.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Holocrons of Riddick

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
A planet where lightsabers grow wild and free on the laser bushes.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Barudak posted:

A planet consisting entirely of donated merchandise celebrating the Empires win at the battle of Endor

You should visit military housing

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Roth posted:

*a picture of the death star*

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
An all moisture planet with surfing and jetskis.

(good guys on surfboards, stormtroopers on jetskis obv)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Roth posted:

But then Id just be posting a picture of th--

reignofevil posted:

*a picture of the death star*

Maclunkey

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

TheBizzness posted:

What if there are 3 suns, and every hundred and x years everything lines up creating a long term eclipse of all 3 suns casting the planet into total darkness.

Then it’s revealed that beneath the surface lives a race of murderous creatures that are incredibly sensitive to light and are promptly released unto the citizens of this planet once the eclipse happens.

but other people would have blasters too

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

TheBizzness posted:

or the species experiences massive dieoffs every few centuries as the climate gets unimaginably hot or cold so they develop an obsession with trying to solve the orbital mechanics of their system

Barudak
May 7, 2007

An outer rim world whose government fell during the end of the republic and never recovered that has fallen to lawlessness ruled by violent speeder gangs and the loan man clad in black driving the last of the police speeders who finds himself unable to escape his past or the suffering of the people.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
A planet that is half snow half desert beaches. Jah Ni Tsu Namee, a youngling hydro boarder moves into the snowy mountains and must prove himself as a iceslushboarder against a group of rowdy Skee Errs. Will his skills translate to this new environment??????????????

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

dudeness posted:

An all moisture planet with surfing and jetskis.

(good guys on surfboards, stormtroopers on jetskis obv)

this is kamino but they ride pterodactyls instead of surfboards and the stormtroopers have space-helicopters instead of jetskis

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A planet that the lead actor owns a villa in already

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

A planet where the sun shines out of my rear end and you all worship my rear end.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

reignofevil posted:

Are you saying this planet is flat so that incoming sunlight would be affected by tilting it?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Mooey Cow posted:

Are you saying this planet is flat so that incoming sunlight would be affected by tilting it?

The angle the earth spins on tilts and this causes the seasons my man. When it's winter time and the planet is all cold it's actually much closer to the sun than it is during the summer because the angle the sunlight hits the planet matters a lot more with regard to how much heat is absorbed. In our case this matters much more than distance. Obviously star wars would know this and include it in its deep lore so I could have my double sun ice world.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

reignofevil posted:

The angle the earth spins on tilts and this causes the seasons my man. When it's winter time and the planet is all cold it's actually much closer to the sun than it is during the summer because the angle the sunlight hits the planet matters a lot more with regard to how much heat is absorbed. In our case this matters much more than distance. Obviously star wars would know this and include it in its deep lore so I could have my double sun ice world.

Good idea :hmmyes:
We could also have a perpetual autumn planet. Imagine the pretty colors!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

StashAugustine posted:

or the species experiences massive dieoffs every few centuries as the climate gets unimaginably hot or cold so they develop an obsession with trying to solve the orbital mechanics of their system

I wonder what book you might be referring to

I wonder

(the conclusion of the second book is scary as gently caress in a metaphysical sense)

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

silvergoose posted:

I wonder what book you might be referring to

I wonder

(the conclusion of the second book is scary as gently caress in a metaphysical sense)

What series is it referring to?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

reignofevil posted:

The angle the earth spins on tilts and this causes the seasons my man. When it's winter time and the planet is all cold it's actually much closer to the sun than it is during the summer

In the northern hemisphere

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
Imagine a planet with more than one biome. Wouldn't that be crazy?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Vernii posted:

What series is it referring to?

Three Body Problem. I wasn't a huge fan but it had its good bits

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Big Dick Cheney posted:

Imagine a planet with more than one biome. Wouldn't that be crazy?

It would be very unrealistic. Look at the other planets in the solar system:

Mercury - Sun-blasted stone hellscape
Venus - Hot hellscape full of sulfuric acid rain
Earth - many biomes (weirdo planet)
Mars - Cold red desert hellscape
Jupiter - Brown gas
Saturn - Beige gas
Uranus - Green gas (farts)
Neptune - Blue gas
Pluto - Ice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Mooey Cow posted:

Mars - Cold red desert hellscape

it's brown