Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

This morning, in a hurry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

My partner likes to leave the coffee in the French press for like 10,15+ minutes before pressing it down and I'm just like :stare: I've created a monster.

wearing a lampshade

Jolo posted:

My coffee buying technique is very similar to my salsa buying. I go to the grocery store with my wife and when we get to the coffee aisle she gives me a look that says "do you need coffee? should I just leave you here?" and I give her a look back that says "yeah, yeah". I look at all of the bags of coffee and then I try to remember which ones I've tried and whether or not those were good. I look to see which are on sale and then try to do the value math in my head of whether the ones that are on sale but still more expensive than the cheap coffee are worth the little bit extra. I see one that I think I've tried before and liked, but it's not on sale and so it's a dollar more. I think to myself that maybe I should try that one that says it's chock full of nuts. It's not really full of nuts though is it? Probably not. That one says it's 100% Colombian. I would never know if they were lying to me on this, but I trust that they're telling the truth. Am I someone who values 100% Colombian coffee? Do I value it more than I value one that is full of nuts? Do I value it at $1 more than the ones that are on sale and $3 more than the cheaper coffee? After about 20 minutes of this I just grab a bag at random because I know my wife is probably finished grabbing the rest of the groceries and I don't want her to give me the "are you seriously still picking out coffee??" look.

Salsa is the exact same deal but it's in a different aisle.

:cheers:

wearing a lampshade

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Salsa that is chock full of nuts is but butter

Butt Butter

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Finger Prince posted:

My partner likes to leave the coffee in the French press for like 10,15+ minutes before pressing it down and I'm just like :stare: I've created a monster.

You have done no wrong for your partner it's on the road to supreme enlightenment

Escape From Noise

Hahaha. I need to get better about checking my posts before posting.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Wait is a 10 minute steep in the old french press before the plungey plunge not the default?

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

FOLGERS NITRO is here to give you an early morning blast of energy to power you through your day. It's got guarana and some cbd and some other poo poo in there that's gonna get your heart rate jacked. Move over mom and dad, shove that Maxwell House Decaf right up your stupid asses, I'm making a pot of FOLGERS NITRO and then I'm gonna have unprotected sex with a stranger. FOLGERS NITRO. TAKE THE PLUNGE!

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Queen-Of-Hearts

i cant not read that in fred durst's voice why have you done this to me

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Jonesin for your fix of this Limp Bizkit mix,
Hanging with your friends sippin these great blends,
Coffee in my cup, BETTER SHUT THE gently caress UP

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
What do you guys have for breakfast while you're making that first cup?

Lately I've been doing some steel cut oats with cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, a tiny bit of salt, 2 spoons of applesauce or fried apples, and a spoonful of peanut butter. It's the poo poo.

Queen-Of-Hearts

I have oatmeal and yogurt, sometimes whole wheat toast, but that waits til after the first sip of coffee. It's law that its the first thing I taste.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Having a hot mug of kaldi's Peruvian right now and it's very good

Escape From Noise

So wait. Is Kaldi from the US? I ask because I never saw them in the US and have only seen them in Japan. They're always in this mall chain here and a good place for certain import foods. They also do sell a wide variety of coffee.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

So wait. Is Kaldi from the US? I ask because I never saw them in the US and have only seen them in Japan. They're always in this mall chain here and a good place for certain import foods. They also do sell a wide variety of coffee.

Kaldi's Coffee is based in St. Louis!

https://kaldiscoffee.com/

Escape From Noise

Kief Richards posted:

Kaldi's Coffee is based in St. Louis!

https://kaldiscoffee.com/

Madness!!! I recently bought some okay salsa there. Much better than Old El Paso's sugary bs

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Madness!!! I recently bought some okay salsa there. Much better than Old El Paso's sugary bs

Hell yes. I live spitting distance from the roastery. For real. If you come visit ever, I'll drag you there and the bierhall and the gardens.

Finger Prince

This reminds me of my voyage of discovery about Tullys. Once, in the before times, before the Starbucks Explosion, I went to Hong Kong with a friend of mine. I didn't know what to do for breakfast, but he was like, oh there's a Tullys around the corner. So I was able to get like a bagel and coffee every morning. Then, later, I went to Japan and there were loads of Tullys everywhere. I was like, gosh this Asian coffee chain "Tullys" sure is popular and successful, over here in Asia. Then, years later I spent quite a bit of time in Seattle and, well, imagine my surprise.

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

This reminds me of my voyage of discovery about Tullys. Once, in the before times, before the Starbucks Explosion, I went to Hong Kong with a friend of mine. I didn't know what to do for breakfast, but he was like, oh there's a Tullys around the corner. So I was able to get like a bagel and coffee every morning. Then, later, I went to Japan and there were loads of Tullys everywhere. I was like, gosh this Asian coffee chain "Tullys" sure is popular and successful, over here in Asia. Then, years later I spent quite a bit of time in Seattle and, well, imagine my surprise.

Yeah. That happened to me with Tully's too. To be fair you barely even see them in Seattle. At least anymore

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 16, 2020

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Achtane posted:

What do you guys have for breakfast while you're making that first cup?

Lately I've been doing some steel cut oats with cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, a tiny bit of salt, 2 spoons of applesauce or fried apples, and a spoonful of peanut butter. It's the poo poo.

What now? Breakfast? Never touch the stuff

silvergoose

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

pourover at home and I've infected my wife so she makes it herself too

nespresso, far too many, at work because it's free and is pretty decent, don't need the caffeine just something tasty to drink

Escape From Noise

Very carefully

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaldi's mocha and an omelette today because I walked the four miles to get it from the cafe.

Finger Prince

This morning I had Nespresso with some of this because I ran out of beans.

I may have another.

Queen-Of-Hearts

are those onions on the label? Is that onion booze??

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Hazelnuts!

Queen-Of-Hearts

OH! Oh thank god

Escape From Noise

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I thought the same thing for a second.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Having another cup of coffee and it's real good

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
I've been awake since 3am, so it's gonna be a mainlining-coffee-to-survive-the-day kinda vibe. No enjoyment, just purely utilitarian :morning:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I kind of want to try onion Booze

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I kind of want to try onion Booze

That's just a Gibson I think

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Chewbecca posted:

I've been awake since 3am, so it's gonna be a mainlining-coffee-to-survive-the-day kinda vibe. No enjoyment, just purely utilitarian :morning:

This was a lie, I had a barista may cappuccino yesterday and it was lovely. My friend had a long black, skim milk on the side.

idiotsavant
i get a 5# bag of dark roast from the local coffee roaster who uses direct trade organic beans & delivers by bike & vacuum seal it in approx 1# bags to keep it fresh. then i make 50g beans/800g water pourover every morning and sometimes moka pot (i have a lil 3 cup electric one its the best) with 1 tsp sugar andf a pinch of cardamon

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm drinking some Kaldi's Colombia Carlos Imbachi Geisha rn as a pourover and holy God drat it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

This morning is a soy flat white from they who shall not be named because I had to buy work coffee