Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
really, i'd think less of anyone who doesn't want to see that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i wonder if this season will get to the kirin arc? it's not in the op, but i wanna see a ghost giraffe go nuts.

There's only one arc (3 chapters long) and a couple of single chapter shorts between yuki-onna and that, but the giraffe one is also 11 chapters long.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Coxswain Balls posted:

I wonder what the deal is with that gate thing that appeared at the start of the OP this week. It definitely wasn't there in the previous episodes and it threw me off thinking I missed something with the most recent story arc.

i think they just hadn't finished the OP/ED yet. happens sometimes with time-strapped productions

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Truck-kun attempts to make an isekai spin-off this week

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Turns out Kotoko is actually the villain of the series. What an awful woman, it's good everyone else sees it plain as day.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The bar has been duly raised as far as casual sake related statements.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In/Spectre titys

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

having a great time with this structure of spending a whole episode with some other weirdo and their monster friend before the protags even walk into the frame

now i want a show with the rich guy, the cool old lady, the yuki-onna, and the drunk cat solving ghost crimes

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
lol that the drunk ghost cat is played by no less than Sugita

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Tag yourself.

I'm so happy they got my memo of "needs more monsters"

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I'm relieved to see that Lord Crab survived last episode with just a zapping. It looked like he bit it with the foam coming out of his mouth after the fight last week, but fortunately they were just normal crab bubbles.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I like these self-contained stories a lot more than the major arcs.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Going by the OP it seems like the last arc is going to take up the last half/third of the season and that seems just about right for a main-story related plotline. I know it was done up when it was just a single novel but the Steel Lady Nanase plotline dragged on for so long. Having the entire last episode as a denouement was nice, though.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.

Sindai posted:

I like these self-contained stories a lot more than the major arcs.

For sure. Though I'm not interested in this latest story.

C'mon, dude, your kids are already dealing with losing one parent and the likely guilt for being happier without her. Now you want them to deal with the guilt of their father being a murderer? You want to suffer for your crime? Fine, suffer alone. Don't bring your kids into this.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I'm really looking forword to seeing how Kotoko rubs this guy's face in the fact that all this is just for his own drat ego.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I can't wait for it to actually have been a mugging

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
This arc owns.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
This week: Kotoko makes sure she’s always the center of attention, and I love her for it

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

kotoko is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySb1f9zWJkQ

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Man I wish these were full 24-26 episode seasons. Next week is the last one for this season, right? Looks like they'll be doing the one episode to decompress thing again which I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Man, people in this show have a bad habit of going straight to murder as their first solution for mundane problems.

I hope they get another season down the line, the standalone stories really are to the show's benefit. I also only just realized the In/Spectre - Inspector pun, I'm so bad at wordplay.