Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

yeah the lemon pepper wings and the blackened chicken sandwich are two of the best items they've introduced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Popeye's nugs reheat remarkably well in a toaster oven.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've yet to find a nug that doesn't. Air fryer works best if you have one though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
We got our first air fryer in January. It's just a small cheap $45 one from Amazon but it rules. I don't normally have a lot of leftover fast food but the air fryer makes all of it a million times better

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

tried the blackened chicken sandwich on a whim today and it was pretty loving good

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.
They need to bring back the old school onion rings. Those were awesome. And the original biscuit recepie. And all the old drinking glasses with Popeye the Sailor man characters like they used to give away in the 70s and early 80s.

Edit: letters are hard.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Casu Marzu posted:

tried the blackened chicken sandwich on a whim today and it was pretty loving good

It's become my favorite thing there

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
8pc nugs, BBQ and buffalo sauce. Double fries :twisted:

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

ubereats had buy 1 get one free 6pc for the wings.
and you can just keep stacking it.

So ordered 12 ghost pepper, and 12 garlic, and a large coke. Cutting down on fries, so I put some rice in the cooker to eat with it.
Combined it with a 40% off promotion. And for some reason ubereats has been having a saver for -2.00 to wait. In no rush for the food, so sure.

So the total was like $16, then with tip, pushed it to an even $20 for 24 wings and a large coke which isn't bad as far as delivery goes nowadays.

Review:

the ghost pepper wasn't as hot, but still tasty, since it seemed the flavor was under the breading.

the garlic parm. was nasty, its just the regular wings and they just splashed the sauce on it sloppily and it looks like cum

----------------

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 7, 2024

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Eh

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
can confirm the ghost pepper is not hot and garlic parm is gross. their signature hot is supposed to be super duper hot

i like the sweet n spicy the best

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

the sweet and spicy is fine, but also messy, they just dump a cup of it onto the wings and shake it a bit.
at that point, just give it on the side.

hate wet wings where they do that. where its just fried chicken, and they just drizzle the sauce on it. They should do it where they cover it, and finish it in the oven so the sauce is actually part of the chicken.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
yeah, i love my wings dripping with sauce generally. mostly because franks sauced wings have been like that everywhere, so its in my head that wings need to be dripping wet