Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Pineapple?
sure i guess
I WILL FIGHT YOU
just pick it off if you don't like it
this whole debate is silly
View Results

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

PIZZA. the beautiful slab of meats and cheeses on a bread disk. the "gone with the wind" of fast foods. the pioneer of the revolutionary, economy-defining concept of paying a teenager to drive food to your house. instantly recognisable at first glance but still nebulous enough to be transformed into so many different things

there are a ton of chains out there, but for the most part i find the local non-chain pizza places to be way better on average than any of the big chains. without the overhead of franchising or the hair-brained ideas of a head office looming over them they can just focus on making great pizza (or 'za to its friends) and getting it into the hands of sleepy stoners with a lightning quickness

so what say you? what do you have on your pizza? why do people call it a pie? which pizza chain has the craziest goddamn ceo? speak to me, tell me what was on your most recent meat-riddled bread plate. together we can heal a wounded nation by talking about how good pizza is (it's very good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’m gonna get executed for saying this, but honestly white pizza is my favorite

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
shout out to the Gold Coast's Maries Pizza. They're technically a chain now but I like them. GC actually had a crazy concentration of good pizza places around. I remember there was a one-of place that was good and it had a wizard as the mascot. Another one down elanora way had a bad mickey mouse knockoff as the mascot.This isn't some weird 90s golden a ge of family holidays either, this was last year.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

this thread is a real "pizza poo poo" op!!!

just kidding i like pizza tho i usually make it myself at home from fresh ingredients. this isn't because i want to but because the brits absolutely don't understand pizza. dominos is incredibly expensive here (13.5 inch pizza runs out to £20 which is nearly 20 real dollars), and the other pizza chains are just awful.

One innovation they got here which i didn't see in Australia and never heard about in the us is that the pizza boxes often come with a little cut out for a dipping sauce for the crusts. i think it's unnecessary but brits seem to love this poo poo and i get it, it's a pretty clever idea. the one time i condescended to try it, it was a domino's pizza with a garlic sauce and it tasted like the worst type of rear end, just repulsive. so they hosed even their own invention up.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Think about opening a restaurant with the name Pete's 'Za

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.
The quizmaster at my weekly pub quiz is named Pete, and he always presents a bad/dad joke during the game.

Are you Pete

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m a-gonna break-a offa a pizza your rear end OP! :argh:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'll give you a pizza my mind about your terrible thread title OP. I never sausage a travesty.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Chicago style is not pizza. It's delicious, but it is not pizza.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I’m gonna get executed for saying this, but honestly white pizza is my favorite

actually a white pizza with mushrooms spinach and feta cheese is my favorite za

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Luke Skywalker kills Han Solo's son at the climax of Episode VII

just kidding i like pizza tho i usually make it myself at home from fresh ingredients. this isn't because i want to but because the brits absolutely don't understand pizza. dominos is incredibly expensive here (13.5 inch pizza runs out to £20 which is nearly 20 real dollars), and the other pizza chains are just awful.

One innovation they got here which i didn't see in Australia and never heard about in the us is that the pizza boxes often come with a little cut out for a dipping sauce for the crusts. i think it's unnecessary but brits seem to love this poo poo and i get it, it's a pretty clever idea. the one time i condescended to try it, it was a domino's pizza with a garlic sauce and it tasted like the worst type of rear end, just repulsive. so they hosed even their own invention up.

A decent frozen pizza is your friend compared to dominos, also most supermarkets for a little over £1 will have a big pot of fresh garlic & herb/sour cream & chive dip that hasn’t been heated by delivery but will only last a couple of days.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Barry White posted:

A decent frozen pizza is your friend compared to dominos, also most supermarkets for a little over £1 will have a big pot of fresh garlic & herb/sour cream & chive dip that hasn’t been heated by delivery but will only last a couple of days.

yeah frozen pizza was a staple when i first moved here, it's fine. you can also get ready-to-cook pizzas from most supermarket's fridges but they're a lot more expensive and not really as good anyway

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

yeah frozen pizza was a staple when i first moved here, it's fine. you can also get ready-to-cook pizzas from most supermarket's fridges but they're a lot more expensive and not really as good anyway

I think ASDA fresh pizzas are overrated although they are made in store. Not tried any others as not seen them.

Chicago town large stuffed crust is usually around the £4 mark depending on deals and will feed more than one person, then just add a bottle of cheap but non-vinegary (Alcohol optional) wine and you’re good to go.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Barry White posted:

A decent frozen pizza costs more than Dominos.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Resting Lich Face posted:

This is true, and dominos quality depends on the location.

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Resting Lich Face posted:

And now on adult swim, food shopping with lowtax?

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

angryrobots posted:

This is true, and dominos quality depends on the location.

Agreed on the second part but I don’t know where you’re shopping that a frozen pizza costs over £/$20?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Uh not somewhere that we pay in £...

:arghfist: your edit!

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

angryrobots posted:

Uh not somewhere that we pay in £...

:arghfist: your edit!

No edit.

Enjoy your pizza wherever you decide to purchase it from. :pizza:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Barry White posted:

I think ASDA fresh pizzas are overrated although they are made in store. Not tried any others as not seen them.

Chicago town large stuffed crust is usually around the £4 mark depending on deals and will feed more than one person, then just add a bottle of cheap but non-vinegary (Alcohol optional) wine and you’re good to go.

the marks and spencer ones are good at about £5 each and have a cooking time of 10 mins or less so they're almost fast food

at least in london they started setting up lots of places that'll sell you a single slice ranging from the good (any greasy roadside slice merchant) tio the mediocre (hasty tasty pizza) to the irredeemably poo poo (princi, holy poo poo). usually the cheaper they are the better they taste for some reason.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

the marks and spencer ones are good at about £5 each and have a cooking time of 10 mins or less so they're almost fast food

at least in london they started setting up lots of places that'll sell you a single slice ranging from the good (any greasy roadside slice merchant) tio the mediocre (hasty tasty pizza) to the irredeemably poo poo (princi, holy poo poo). usually the cheaper they are the better they taste for some reason.

princi charges a fortune, tastes like poo poo, and serves you the slice cut into little cubes which you eat with a fork next to a bunch of other dickheads who think "posh pizza" is a thing that should exist. it's really bad

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

whats the best frozen pizza brand

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Junpei Hyde posted:

A/S/L?

Not really A/S but what country you’re in will depend on what options you have

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Junpei Hyde posted:

i ate a lot of goodfella's thin pepperoni it more or less keeps you alive if you also eat at least one goodfellas vegetarian one a week to get some vitamins in

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Barry White posted:

A/S/L?

Not really A/S but what country you’re in will depend on what options you have

10/m/us: totino's party pizza

22/m/us: pizza rolls

30/m/us: dr oetkers

not sure on /f/ pizza suggestions

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Barry White posted:

Agreed on the second part but I don’t know where you’re shopping that a frozen pizza costs over £/$20?

In the USA, just about everyone orders the $5.99 2 topping medium deal from Dominos. Though I usually go for pan style crust for a slight upcharge.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I think currently you can get a large 3-topping for $7.99 too.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i discovered frutti di mare pizza the first time i went to helsinki, and i can't get it in NYC even though NYC is supposed to be the pizza capital of the world, and it makes me so loving sad :smith:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

angryrobots posted:

I think currently you can get a large 3-topping for $7.99 too.

for 7.99 you could make 27 pizzas with Real Ingredients, and it'd be Healthier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

TheAardvark posted:

for 7.99 you could make 27 pizzas with Real Ingredients, and it'd be Healthier.

There's a whole other forum for that, friend