Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
Problem description: Newly built PC worked fine for +/- 1 week, then sudden POST issue after shutdown, PSU had to be cycled to have the PC POST successfully. One very wierd thing that I realised before cycling the PSU, the mobo RGB is on constantly but was stuck on the blue instead of cycling rainbow style.

Attempted fixes: Googling, PSU Cycling using the power switch (worked), did not attemps to unplug anything/go barebones/breadboard. Will attempt that new time the issue arises and report back on it...The return window for the MOBO closes in 10 days so I might act on that quickly if the issue happens again.

Recent changes: Newly built system, worked without any issues for +/- 1 week, stress tested fine

--

Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

System specs:
-Ryzen 5 3600 (no OC)
-ASRock 570 Steel Legend
-G.Skill Trident Z 3600 CAS 16 F4-3600C16D-16GTZR (XMP Profile 3600 16-16-16-36)
-Asus 1060 6GB OC (stock OC on this model)
-Seasonic Focus GX 650W
-PNY XLR8 CS3030 1TB NVME M.2
-Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
-2x1TB HDD (1 WD, 1 Seagate)
-Cooling: ML240L AIO for CPU, Noctua Case fans, T°: CPU idle 30°c, Southbridge idle 60°c

Peripherals:
-Logitech G610 Orion kb
-Logitech G402 mouse
-Lenovo 27"
-Acer 24"
-Powered USB HUB with M-audio m-track hub + Corsair 1500 headset plugged in
-Bird UM-1 microphone

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes, all answers point to Mobo/CPU/RAM/PSU issues, personally leaning towards MOBO/PSU issues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Absorbs Smaller Goons posted:

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes, all answers point to Mobo/CPU/RAM/PSU issues, personally leaning towards MOBO/PSU issues?

Yeah, is the PSU new?

You could also try disconnect a lot of the storage drives (and use one stick of RAM) temporarily to see if that changes anything.

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
Yeah brand new. The problem has happened once and hasn't shown up again. The problem with attempting "fixes" is that just power cycling the PSU "fixed" it, so if I unplug everything and run barebones it will probably fix it regardless of any troubleshooting attempts.

I'll just keep on the lookout for issues and RMA stuff if it arises again.