Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Not had a Greggs in a year now

Going on eight for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'm an essential worker and the Greggs at my home station has opened up. I've been getting heavily back into bean/cheese/sausage melts. I'm sorry for your loss.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Not had a Greggs in a year now

loving hell, pal, I'm back up to 3 a week

The ongoing pandemic means it can be a bit hit and miss with the pastries, but can't complain

The Percy Ingle across the way has not weathered the storm, though. Probably for the best

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Amphigory posted:

The Percy Ingle across the way has not weathered the storm, though. Probably for the best

None of them have. Whole chain is ded.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

nice hot pockets, failure island

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

feedmegin posted:

None of them have. Whole chain is ded.

Speaking of dying chains, what was the deal with that fish and chips place that only seemed to exist inside train stations? Harry Lumsden or something similar.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Harry Ramsdens and going to the one in Blackpool is one of the worst dining experiences I've had. Wasnt clear if you had to wait to be seated or not, portion size was tiny and the menu was far too elaborate for a chippy. I still remember grudging £8.10 for a tiny bit of fish and chips.

You had to pay extra for tartare sauce too. gently caress that - should be as standard as salt and vinegar

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I always looked at the one in Euston while waiting for the train back to Manchester and invariably went to the Burger King instead.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Harry Ramsdens and going to the one in Blackpool is one of the worst dining experiences I've had. Wasnt clear if you had to wait to be seated or not, portion size was tiny and the menu was far too elaborate for a chippy. I still remember grudging £8.10 for a tiny bit of fish and chips.

You had to pay extra for tartare sauce too. gently caress that - should be as standard as salt and vinegar

Are you American? What British chippy do you go to where that's the default?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

feedmegin posted:

Are you American? What British chippy do you go to where that's the default?

I'm Scottish and its not a common thing up here - my local does a small tub of homemade for £1 - it just felt extra insulting in Harry Ramsdens

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I ate at the OG one in Yorkshire as a kid around 40 years ago and it was incredibly average then.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
This place sounds legit. Who doesn't love a good/any sausage roll

----------------

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

How are you a fan of a sausage roll but never heard of Greggs before

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Never been to the UK

----------------

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

We have such stodgy delights to show you once this pandemic is out of the way

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010
i've only been to the UK a handful of times and although I fully recognize that Greggs is basically the equivalent of Dunkin' (née Donuts)... they make a cream-filled apple danish thingie that is stupid good and I will go out of my way to get one whenever I'm near

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

just ate a greggs sausage roll, first time in well over a year. it was good.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Caramel Custard Doughnut is still the best dessert option.

Fight me

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
Oh man I've not had a custard doughnut for so long.

Do love the simplicity of a yumyum though.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
Vegan sausage roll supremacy

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

It just doesn't have a vegan alternative to the grease of a regular, (presumably-)pig-based sausage roll, that keeps the 'roll moist. With the vegan roll you gotta have a drink to go alongside it.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Not happy about the impending WW3 driven Greggs price hikes...

Can't even soothe our souls with a steak bake in these troubling times

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Resurrecting the thread...

I was back home in Scotland at the end of August

The Braehead Primark has an incredible selection of Greggs x Primark clothing. The quality is surprisingly great

(I'm sure more Scottish Primarks must have it too, but I wasn't back just to tour the Primarks so I can't confirm)

I recommend the blue, repeating logo shorts and t shirt, the basketball kit, the windbreaker and THE loving CROCS

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

THE FESTIVE BAKE IS BACK

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

oh poo poo oh drat oh poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

gonna stop buying the unsold junk bags if they don't stop giving me tuna baguettes