Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
what are your favorite places to get chicken wings? Wingstop is ok, not great but not terrible and Buffalo Wild Wings is going downhill (at least my local one is) but other than that I don't know where to get decent fast food wings. local chains a-ok, throw a wing in the air and rep your region

almost used the HOT tag for this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i like wing stop's parmesan fries and also their parmesan garlic boneless wings. i can't think of any other fast food wings i've liked at all

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

TheAardvark posted:

i like wing stop's parmesan fries and also their parmesan garlic boneless wings. i can't think of any other fast food wings i've liked at all

i had the parmesan garlic boneless wings once, and they absolutely DESTROYED my stomach & intestines

very tasty though

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Wingstop is ok if you remember to get em extra well done. The B-Dubs near me is decent if you only go on the weekends. The weekday crew isn’t good.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

YeahTubaMike posted:

i had the parmesan garlic boneless wings once, and they absolutely DESTROYED my stomach & intestines

very tasty though

Boneless "wings" are chicken nuggets. Get that poo poo out of here.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
*ahem* actually, they are chicken fingers

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Belles Hot Chicken are one of the very few good chicken joints in Oz. The wings are huge, which makes me think they use chickens that reach adult hood

Edit: the best side used to be collared greens but for some reason they took it off the menu

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Feb 5, 2020

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Resting Lich Face posted:

Boneless "wings" are chicken nuggets. Get that poo poo out of here.

:agreed:

Found a wing place close to work, I'll check em out for lunch tomorrow and see what's up

https://www.epicwingsnthings.com/

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

i saw a lot of people saying flats are better than drums and ive never seen such wrong opinions

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
that is just objectively wrong

drums > flats > tips

this is the way it as always been, and always will be

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I am ashamed that I didn't think to make this thread before now.

I don't know of any chain places that make really good wings tho. Zaxby's is like, ok, but charge way too loving much. I know all the pizza chains have their version of wings and they're all real bad (I still eat them).

BWW is pretty consistent but the service is wildly not. We've given up on going there for work lunch because of the random 1.5hr wait you get occasionally. Wings IMO is fast food without question but I'm not sure if BWW qualifies...

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

big beautiful wings

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Raising Canes used to be god tier, but the quality is super awful the last couple years.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Korean style sweet and spicy wings are loving fire. There’s a couple of places I go to, but my favorite is Kyo Chon.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Flats are the best. So much meat, so much better cartilage. The best feeling in life is putting a whole flat in your mouth and pulling out two bones w/ only cartilage remaining. Then you chomp up the cartilage. Oh God it sounds so good right now.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Wingstop has worse sauces than BWW almost across the board. Also the one near me is slow as poo poo. I do like their fries though.

Like everything else, it's better if you've got a local place that knows their stuff. There's a place near me that does smoked then deep fried wings with a hot sauce that taste great.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

wings over is pretty good

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I just look for whichever local place has the best deal for 20-30 plain wings at that moment and then toss em in whatever sauce(s) I feel like making. Economical and tasty :D

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Anyone who likes drums better than flats is a fool who probably leaves like 2/3rds of the meat on the bone and probably orders mild wings and asks them to make it more mild.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I like Fire Wings. You get big ol wings there. Korean fried chicken places are pretty good too

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

King of Bees posted:

fool who probably leaves like 2/3rds of the meat on the bone

This drives me insane. I don't order wings with my wife anymore because she does this poo poo. There is so much meat still on the bone!!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Potassium Problems posted:

that is just objectively wrong

drums > flats > tips

this is the way it as always been, and always will be

Not sure how such a wing rookie can op a wing thread. Maybe a nuggie thread?

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

King of Bees posted:

Anyone who likes drums better than flats is a fool who probably leaves like 2/3rds of the meat on the bone and probably orders mild wings and asks them to make it more mild.

I treat a drum like a dick and I get all the meat off ya heard son

I also fucks with hot ones XXX sauce, so now what

sports
Sep 1, 2012
All the grocery stores (Kroger, Hy-Vee or Piggly Wiggly) from where I've lived either have a broaster or a regular chicken frying operation. I often get some ready fried wings from the grocery store and toss them in various stuff when I'm bored, and I can easily get 3-4 pounds of wings for $10 when they run sales.

My favorite fried chicken is probably Harold's Chicken Shack, there's one in the Chicago Loop that I most frequent but the one on 95th in Beverly is the one I like the most.
Popeyes is easily my #2 fried chicken and my preferred drive through option.
J&J Fish and Chicken has good chicken and a wider spread than Harolds.

Korean fried chicken is tough to find but I've seen a ton of Bonchon locations where I least expect them. Usually there's a really good fried chicken stand in your big-box Assi or Super H.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I enjoy variety so I like an even mix of flat and drummies!

It's more important that every wing has a sufficient amount of sauce on it

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

sports posted:

Korean fried chicken is tough to find but I've seen a ton of Bonchon locations where I least expect them. Usually there's a really good fried chicken stand in your big-box Assi or Super H.

that reminds me, I found out the Korean market near me as a fried chicken joint, made to order. I should see if they do wings

sports
Sep 1, 2012

King of Bees posted:

Truth.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Potassium Problems posted:

that reminds me, I found out the Korean market near me as a fried chicken joint, made to order. I should see if they do wings

My wing place usually does whole wings, tip + flat + drum!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

sports posted:

All the grocery stores (Kroger, Hy-Vee or Piggly Wiggly) from where I've lived either have a broaster or a regular chicken frying operation. I often get some ready fried wings from the grocery store and toss them in various stuff when I'm bored, and I can easily get 3-4 pounds of wings for $10 when they run sales.

My favorite fried chicken is probably Harold's Chicken Shack, there's one in the Chicago Loop that I most frequent but the one on 95th in Beverly is the one I like the most.
Popeyes is easily my #2 fried chicken and my preferred drive through option.
J&J Fish and Chicken has good chicken and a wider spread than Harolds.

My man. Harold’s has a location in Los Angeles but hell if I know if they ever actually opened or not. I went on a Saturday afternoon a few months back and while there were workers inside, the door was locked and they were turning away customers.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Fire on The Mountain kicks all sorts and amounts of rear end. You've been righteously loving up if you live in Portland or Denver and have never been.

Half Spicy Peanut, half Lime Cilantro Buffalo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm a boneless fan. Don't matter much to me though. Usually Applebee's or a Pizza joint.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Wormskull posted:

I'm a boneless fan. Don't matter much to me though. Usually Applebee's or a Pizza joint.

Boneless wings aren't wings

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Peachfart posted:

Boneless wings aren't wings

Oh poo poo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
A local bar has $5 wings during happy hour and they're drat good with all sorts of flavors (even ridiculous ones) so I go there.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Re: FF wings - Wal-Mart deli and probably other grocery delis actually have decent fried wings. They have wings already tossed but probably the pro move is to get the plain fried and toss in your own sauce (which may disqualify from being FF).

Checker's wings are also OK, and even come served properly on aluminum foil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

angryrobots posted:

Re: FF wings - Wal-Mart deli and probably other grocery delis actually have decent fried wings. They have wings already tossed but probably the pro move is to get the plain fried and toss in your own sauce (which may disqualify from being FF).

Checker's wings are also OK, and even come served properly on aluminum foil.

the hot bar at the southern california (la-specific) gelsons has pretty expensive wings ($10.99 lb) but the flavors they have are really good, Hatch BBQ and Sriacha and Tokyo Curry are my 3 faves, and sometimes I can't choose, so i wind up trying to get 3-4 of each and wind up spending $15 on wings.