Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
is it chips or chups??

do you get combo 4 or combo 6???

crinkle cut or straight cut?

cod or snapper???

do americans understand this commonwealth concept??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Chips

2. With the fish and two crabsticks

Straight

Snapper. Or flake.

I think some parts?

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
Flake & chips with a couple of calamari rings on the side, all covered in chicken salt.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I'll have a chiko roll and 2 dim sims thanks

edit: all with chicken salt

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

cod is number #1 but I think they're overfished now so haddock or pollock is also acceptable. Light crispy batter, salt and vinegar.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Chips, onion rings, kebab.
Salt n vinegar.
Taco dip.
Can of pepsi max.

loving good poo poo.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Also I cannot stress hard enough that those lovely middle eastern kebab shops that dominate England are not fish and chips shop's.

They're garbage and whenever I visit the UK I'm like just lol that these things have replaced traditional fish and chip shops.

The Italian chip shops are where it's at :discourse:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

There's a good local fish and chips place by me in the southwestern US but it's so expensive I don't go often. Seems to be kind of against the whole spirit of those shops.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
cod and chips, sausage, and curry sauce please. with salt and lots of vinegar

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Booty Pageant posted:

do americans understand this commonwealth concept??

In New England, absolutely.

In the rest of the country, ehhh fried fish is... a thing that exists... but it's often a bad idea if you like anything approximating the real stuff.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I have a seriously good one near me which is crazy because I live right in the middle of England about as far away from the sea as it's possible to get. And yet this little shop has some of the best fish I've tasted that wasn't actually on the sea front... Their pizzas are pretty bangin' too because they've got a little wood-fired oven.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I have a seriously good one near me which is crazy because I live right in the middle of England about as far away from the sea as it's possible to get. And yet this little shop has some of the best fish I've tasted that wasn't actually on the sea front... Their pizzas are pretty bangin' too because they've got a little wood-fired oven.

I mean.

The middle of England is still like a few hours drive from the sea at most right? It's not like getting good seafood in like Mongolia or Alice Springs or Nebraska.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

^ aye but the majority of fish and chips I'd tried were garbage so assumed it wasn't possible to have good fish here. I'm happy that's not the case.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
froma cart wrapped in newspaper, salt and vinegar

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I couldn't figure out how the gently caress to order in NZ from the local shop so they'd just hand me a pile of fish n chips.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

The gently caress kind of chippy has crinkle cut chips :psyduck:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i get wedges + crumbed fish op

sometimes a hotdog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The Nathan’s Famous has Arthur Treachers Fish and Chips. Had it Sunday, adequate. Now if only there was still a Long John Silvers here.