Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

It's not really possible for firehouse to get worse so I'm not too concerned

If they mandate less mayonnaise per sandwich they’ll vastly improve Firehouse Subs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'll admit that I've never had Firehouse because "food made by firemen" is not a selling feature for me.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
what if the firemen are shirtless, and sweaty

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I like the new York steamer and meatball subs from firehouse. Every other sandwich I've tried has been extremely wet.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yeah I guess I just don't get the concept.
'You know what people want? Sweet bread, and they want it dripping wet.'
... Like with sauce?
'oh no'

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I assume they're that wet so they would survive a fire.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Tim's is on the cutting edge of popular culture with Tim Biebs

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

MakaVillian posted:

Tim's is on the cutting edge of popular culture with Tim Biebs

the timbiebs are back and they're still really good

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
been craving a sausage breakfast biscuit lately but fok they're like 600 calories and i eat em in 3 bites

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

I like the maple ones with the cream inside

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I stopped working there like a decade ago. I have no idea what it's like now, but the high pressure for fast drive thru times literally made a couple of us develop alopecia areata. I worked there way longer than I ever should have.

The whole business model is hosed. The profit margins are hilariously thin, and it's plainly obvious that it's just a business that gets passed from one executive to the next trying to squeeze more money out of it with very little workplace optimization, more menu poo poo added, and the employees are just told to work faster. The baker's job could be done by anybody—it's just defrosting donuts and finishing them. If anything, the sandwich bar has become so hilariously complicated that some employees are just asked to never to go near it because they can't pick it up fast/well enough.

I dunno where I was going with this. Tim's was the worst job I've ever had, and I worked pretty drat hard at it—wisely turning down a promotion to Assistant Manager. I switched to McDonalds for a bit after and it was an immensely more positive experience, with a lot less pressure, yet still had similar service delivery. gently caress Tims. It's horrible to both it's employees and it's customers.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 4, 2022

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I had an ex that worked at Tim's and she didn't hate it only because it was a friend group she worked with mostly.

Goddamn did she smell great after a shift, coffee just infused.

----------------

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
does timmy's original roast coffee actually taste bad to people? i don't like it, but that's because it tastes bland as hell to me. their dark roast is decent though. their lunch stuff is mediocre at best and their donuts are garbage but their croissants and biscuits are ok. i still try not to go there because i can afford the extra $1 it costs to go to a local coffee shop and get a better coffee

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

does timmy's original roast coffee actually taste bad to people? i don't like it, but that's because it tastes bland as hell to me. their dark roast is decent though. their lunch stuff is mediocre at best and their donuts are garbage but their croissants and biscuits are ok. i still try not to go there because i can afford the extra $1 it costs to go to a local coffee shop and get a better coffee

It's bad because it tastes like nothing at all, yeah

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

hosed and Sucked by Tim Hortons

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I miss the turkey blt or whatever it was with the honey mustard, that was the last good thing they had and they got rid of it like 10 years ago :btroll:

----------------

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I stopped working there like a decade ago. I have no idea what it's like now, but the high pressure for fast drive thru times literally made a couple of us develop alopecia areata. I worked there way longer than I ever should have.
Yeah, I worked at one for several months ages ago and it was one of those 24/7 downtown locations that had a lineup going out the door for almost my entire 7am to 3pm shift. Things were moving so rapidly that it was almost a given you would burn yourself with coffee every day. Also at least at my location, you didn't even get a discount on food items.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I didn't even know there was Tim Hortons in India but this looks fuckin wild.

https://twitter.com/Rajio/status/1557881511478697985

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I'd crush that

----------------