Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

We spent a couple of years living in a Chicago suburb and thanks to that, I know the GLORY that is J&J Fish and Chicken. Let me share.

Our story begins in the early eighties. Our hero, James J. Green was in search of the American Dream™. He opened a store on MLK and 35th in Chicago where he sold fish, and for an additional fee of $1, he would batter and fry it for you. Over the next two decades, that one store became more than 90, and they added chicken, shrimp and many other favorites to the menu.

Okay, history is outta the way. Let's celebrate the good stuff. BEHOLD, the original gem in the J&J crown the catfish dinner.

The batter they use on everything has a crunchy cornbread base, and after it comes out they dump the most MAGICAL lemon pepper I've ever had all over it. Fries are solid - crispy and they get a dusting of lemon pepper too.

Next up is what became my favorite order in the time we lived out there: 3pc Wings. This comes with fries and toast, it has the same GLORIOUS lemon pepper, and it comes with wing sauce. I get the mild sauce. It is sweet/sour with a little peppery kick to it. This is good. I mean GOOD. None of our out of town guests ever believed me, but then I would get some carryout for them and they would lose their minds.

Here's the rest of the menu. Behold the insanely low prices for insanely high amounts of delicious sodium. I've never ordered anything there that I didn't love. Though I tend to stick with the wings, shrimp or catfish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
This poo poo is wicked good and it’s a good thing I don’t live in Chicago anymore or vegetarianism would probably be impossible

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Huh, honestly thought this was a Milwaukee chain. 6 piece mix plus fried mushrooms forever tho

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Nothing like getting gizzards or necks, lake perch, and fried okra all in one trip.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WEH posted:

Huh, honestly thought this was a Milwaukee chain. 6 piece mix plus fried mushrooms forever tho

Same, I thought it was a local chain in my area.