Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
gently caress fast food tomatoes.

I mean you start with a good burg or chicken sandwich or what have you then some MORON decided to shove a slab of wet flavorless seedy slimy garbage into it as filler. It makes your bread soggy, it drips on you and yours, and its just the worst.

TL:DDR do not order tomatoes at fast food unless its on a salad or its in your salsa.

Better yet tell them to hold the fuckin tomatoes!

e; clarified OP to point at specifically fast food tomatoes being the problem

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
tomatoes are only good if they're not refrigerated

which is why they almost always suck for fast food

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tomatoes are fine on a sandwich from a sandwich shop/deli. Not a dealbreaker either way though.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Tomatoes are fine on a sandwich from a sandwich shop/deli. Not a dealbreaker either way though.

I can agree with this, assuming is a local place that sources good veggies. Fast food tomatoes belong in the garbage though

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
The problem is not that tomatoes are bad, the problem is that the tomatoes used at basically any fast food place are bad. Honestly, most of the vegetables are of very low quality and I will often just ask that they not be bothered with. I have no need to lie to myself that the pale green lettuce leaf is providing any nutritional or culinary value, so I'd rather just spare the trouble.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Any vegetable is palatable only if it's grown, harvested and consumed immediately in California.

Source: have accidentally eaten around Californians.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I tend to order my fast food without vegetation of any sort because it's always such atrociously low quality.

It's not like I eat this garbage looking for healthy; that's what actual cooking is for.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Fast casual places nowadays tend to make a big deal out of having "fresh" ingredients so its usually not as bad at those types of places. I get salads semi-frequently from Habit and I've never really had any that were outright bad (even with tomatoes)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i hate tomatoes unless they're ground into a fine paste, seasoned, and made into sauce/ketchup. tomato slices are gross

edit:

CaptainPsyko posted:

The problem is not that tomatoes are bad, the problem is that the tomatoes used at basically any fast food place are bad. Honestly, most of the vegetables are of very low quality and I will often just ask that they not be bothered with. I have no need to lie to myself that the pale green lettuce leaf is providing any nutritional or culinary value, so I'd rather just spare the trouble.

i'm not trying to eat fast food lettuce for health reasons, i just like the added crunch :shobon:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

YeahTubaMike posted:

i hate tomatoes unless they're ground into a fine paste, seasoned, and made into sauce/ketchup. tomato slices are gross

edit:

i'm not trying to eat fast food lettuce for health reasons, i just like the added crunch :shobon:

It usually ain't crunchy either. That's the 'no culinary value'.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
it depends on the fast food place. texas chicken & burgers has crunchy lettuce, in my experience

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

tetsuo posted:

Any vegetable is palatable only if it's grown, harvested and consumed immediately in California.

The romaine from Salinas is especially delectable.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

tetsuo posted:

California is an agricultural joke.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

tomatoes are the worst possible food in the world

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

just bitter, bland, flavorless solid rear end in a top hat.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i hate tomatoes. gently caress i hate tomatoes.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Tomatoes are great. Fresh and savory.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Jersey mikes has the only tomatoes that aren’t bad

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
Put tomato on my food when I ask you not too, I will toss it on the wall on my way out

sports
Sep 1, 2012
People who dislike tomatoes should try out growing a tomato plant in their yard/balcony/whatever situation they have that is open air and has tons of sunlight. They're easier to keep alive than a cactus.

Cherry tomatoes are definitely the gateway into more diverse and run of the mill varieties of tomato.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

i like pretty much all tomatoes, even crummy ones. my market choices are negatively affecting your life, OP, I'm driving demand and I'm sorry.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.

sports posted:

People who dislike tomatoes should try out growing a tomato plant in their yard/balcony/whatever situation they have that is open air and has tons of sunlight. They're easier to keep alive than a cactus.

Cherry tomatoes are definitely the gateway into more diverse and run of the mill varieties of tomato.

i can kill any plant including cactus, usually when im trying my best to care for them. any tomato i grow would poison me faster than ecoli lettuce

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

sports posted:

cherry tomatoes are gross too

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

cherry tomatoes are gross too

better than grape tomatoes

which are ONLY acceptable if they are sliced. who wants them to explode in their mouth like that??

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Stevie Lee posted:

better than grape tomatoes

which are ONLY acceptable if they are sliced. who wants them to explode in their mouth like that??
*raises paw*

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Tomatoes do indeed suck, but I'd take a tomato on a burg over a tomato on a salad. It plays well with the other flavors of the burg, on a salad it's just a reminder that you're eating a salad, the least good food.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I just saw a lady order extra tomatoes on her sandwich at Subway and I just smdh.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Pollyanna posted:

just bitter, bland, flavorless solid rear end in a top hat.

this poster has never had a good tomato. real sad.

Kryostic
Mar 25, 2016

The Walrus posted:

this poster has never had a good tomato. real sad.

The best ones are ones where you can take a bite of it like an apple. Can't do that with any store-bought, especially out of season.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't like tomato slices on burgers and such as a rule no matter how fresh they are, but I absolutely believe it's a crime to put unfrozen unfresh tomato slices on fast food.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Also if places are going to use lovely tomatoes they could at least use ones where the seeds are removed.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Also if places are going to use lovely tomatoes they could at least use ones where the seeds are removed.

Then you don't get volunteers when you poo poo directly into the compost pile.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i got a fuckin unripe tomato slice on a buffalo chicken sandwich today. what is this world coming to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
OP I'd like to subscribe to your twitch I think you've got some good ideas.