Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Why is sandwich bread gigantic slabs of wheat. The point of a sandwich is not the bread, it is the filling between it. The thicker the slices of bread the worse the sandwich. I call upon all fast fooders to stop wrapping sandwiches in giant tasteless blocks of boring carbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Fast food bread is by and large garbo so no argument there but let's not go writing it off altogether; a good bread adds a lot to a sandwich other than structure.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I don’t mind bread, I just think it’s mostly empty air. Bread can be good, but it’s never good unless used minimally.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

I don’t mind bread, I just think it’s mostly empty air. Bread can be good, but it’s never good unless used minimally.

Absolutely right op, and what’s the deal with ice cream it’s mostly just air and water?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jenny Agutter posted:

Absolutely right op, and what’s the deal with ice cream it’s mostly just air and water?

also fat and sugar

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
What's the deal with atoms? They're mostly just empty space.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

counterpoint: texas toast

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
bread ratio is a matter of choice, and a lot of lovely restaurants have bad bread ratios.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
dont eat sandwiches where the bread is expected to be lovely OP

i love me some good fuckin bread at a good fuckin sandwich place

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

cheap

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
not a problem when the bread is good

a problem when it is ungood

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I feel like this is a subtle troll

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

looks at all these loving sandwich 'artists' just put something tasty in the breads and shove it in your gaping maw.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Keeps all the sauces and juices from getting on your hands.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
While we're talking bread, why does Subway's flatbread have more calories and carbs than their other breads? That poo poo's deceptive.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

kloa posted:

counterpoint: texas toast

This.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I worked overnight at Dunkin Donuts you better believe I was concocting ludicrous health abominations with the Big n Toasty Texas toast.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Because bread is cheaper than salami. In an alternate universe it is the reverse and I will spend all of my money on scientific research to get there.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
You are eating in bad places OP. There Is a joint here were the meat literally falls out of the plate. It's insane

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

my man, have you heard of burritos? the burrito bread is thin and flexible, sounds like just what you're after!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

my man, have you heard of burritos? the burrito bread is thin and flexible, sounds like just what you're after!

Burritos are full of rice which is just another kind of bread really.

OP wants tacos.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

CaptainPsyko posted:

OP wants tacos.

I replace rice with vegetables or beans when possible, due to childhood trauma with mouse poop.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

CaptainPsyko posted:

OP wants tacos.

#notallburritos

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.

Wormskull posted:

I replace rice with vegetables or beans when possible, due to childhood trauma with mouse poop.

oh no

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Rice in burritos is filler.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The Earl of Sandwich didn’t want to get blood on his hands

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Panera makes good sandwiches because they have good bread. That's the only reason, OP.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

TheAardvark posted:

Rice in burritos is filler.

Not a bad filler with the right cheese and hot sauce.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Pollyanna posted:

Why is sandwich bread gigantic slabs of wheat. The point of a sandwich is not the bread, it is the filling between it. The thicker the slices of bread the worse the sandwich. I call upon all fast fooders to stop wrapping sandwiches in giant tasteless blocks of boring carbs.

Eat wraps OP, what you looking for is wraps

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Eat wraps OP, what you looking for is wraps

Once again, Publix offers this possibility. Cheers.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
people are so obsessed with brioche these days that restaurant burger bread-to-meat ratios are through the roof

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

UltraRed posted:

Not a bad filler with the right cheese and hot sauce.

That's just cheese and hot sauce then

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

When I make sandwiches at home I slice a baked potato in half and use that as the bread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i like using french fries as croutons