Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Caffeine free Coke Zero is unavailable in my area; it was only sold in cans here and it's been out of stock for months. Caffeine free Diet Coke is still available but gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I found some Sprite Zero for the first time in like four or five months last week. Been making do with Diet 7up, which never went away and to be honest I'm surprised it wasn't the other way around.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I'm not a huge soda guy in general, but noticed that both Coke and Pepsi were missing their caffeine free and cherry versions from multiple store shelves the past few months. I caught a beverage delivery truck yeoman in the aisle last week and he said that there are supply chain issues with the ingredients used for the other flavors besides "classic" Pepsi and Coke.

I'm sure he was really thrilled to answer my questions, especially when I had to tell him "I'm not a huge soda guy" at the start.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The story I’ve seen read is that the cans themselves are in higher demand and supply constrained. So the the low volume beer/soda products are skipped to package more high volume products.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Sounds like it's time for 3 liters.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Peach Fanta Zero. No calories and it doesn't have that weird aftertaste because it's hidden under all the peachiness

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Logflat Badness
Sep 17, 2020
the ultimate flavor combo is vanilla coke + ginger ale. never before have i had an ice cold drink warm me up in such a way. it cleared my skin.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Peach Fanta Zero. No calories and it doesn't have that weird aftertaste because it's hidden under all the peachiness

:hfive:
I top mine off with some cherry fanta zero too

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Every time the freestyle machines get s software update with a holiday flavor, I yearn to believe it’s a new limited time syrup, but I know that it’s just cherry snd ginger ale mixed.

Give me coke with clove and nutmeg!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Logflat Badness posted:

the ultimate flavor combo is vanilla coke + ginger ale. never before have i had an ice cold drink warm me up in such a way. it cleared my skin.

That sounds atrocious. I want to try it. :stare:

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Anonymous Robot posted:

Every time the freestyle machines get s software update with a holiday flavor, I yearn to believe it’s a new limited time syrup, but I know that it’s just cherry snd ginger ale mixed.

Give me coke with clove and nutmeg!

This is making me want to seek out some non-existent Cola Nutmeg Djarum cigarettes...

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I strolled through the soda aisle this morning, and Regular, Cherry, Diet, and Caffeine-free were in abundance, but I have not seen Vanilla in months.

I blame President Madagascar.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Should have been at my local drug store yesterday, they had vanilla but not the cherry which I was requested to retrieve.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
My preferred soda (Pepsi Zero Sugar aka Pepsi Max) is finally making its way back into stores around here. It's made me extremely happy.

----------------

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I would kill to have Diet Mountain Dew Code Red back

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Highest Cactus posted:

:hfive:
I top mine off with some cherry fanta zero too

I'm gonna try this next time. Sounds FANTAstic

----------------

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Really like the root beer with a bunch of the fruit flavors in it

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i've made a fun treat for software likers

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I thought the pandemic materially affected me very little but I realize I haven't put my fingers on a free style machine in months. The only time in the pandemic actually was when I foolishly went to the movies. All the other places I go that have them are drive thrus where I don't touch it at all or have been disabled.

This is really cool.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Do y’all actually ask for freestyle creations at a drive thru? I love a vanilla barq’s or any of the numerous diet drinks you can get at a freestyle machine, but I’m not about to try to communicate through a drive thru speaker that I want a diet cherry vanilla dr pepper and that yes, they do have it.

A year or two ago, Burger King was selling a mixed milkshake and icee coke, and it was extremely good, but most of the staff didn’t actually know it was an item they offered, and trying to explain what it was ended up being a hassle, so I wouldn’t order it unless it was being heavily promoted at that particular restaurant. Sucks too because they have the stuff to make them year-round and I would order one every time I went to BK if I could.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Grape hi-c and lemonade half and half :ssh:

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

the cherry limeade at firehouse subs (exclusive?) is like something you'd feed a hummingbird but it's really good, squeeze a little fresh lime into it to cut the sweetness

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Devonaut posted:

the cherry limeade at firehouse subs (exclusive?) is like something you'd feed a hummingbird but it's really good, squeeze a little fresh lime into it to cut the sweetness

Yeah I always loved that poo poo. I would mix half and half with the diet and non-diet and it was still really sweet, but a bit less so. I know it's terrible for me but I feel about the Firehouse limeade like people must have felt about coca-cola when it had cocaine in it.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

also I did the math and apparently it's only 56% of the sugar in hummingbird food

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah see that's totally reasonable and healthy.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

aniviron posted:

Yeah I always loved that poo poo. I would mix half and half with the diet and non-diet and it was still really sweet, but a bit less so. I know it's terrible for me but I feel about the Firehouse limeade like people must have felt about coca-cola when it had cocaine in it.

The diet was still pretty sweet, it would always blow up my blood sugar and I didn’t catch on for a few lunches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

Black cherry Mountain Dew

Yup