Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weed cat

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
this year i decided to get into basketball. i read like 4 books about it and started watching my city's NBA team (Blazers). because this season is kind of a bust i'm preparing to get into baseball. just started a book about it, too. what are some sports you like? do you have any takes?

my take is that we gotta open up pro leagues to any/all genders. i just wanna watch people fuckin HOOP at a high level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

hell yeah blazers :rznv:

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Macnult

Basketball is sick because stunting on people occurs pretty much every time the ball is dribbled down the court. I don’t follow any teams but I like keeping tabs on players (especially James Harden :3:) or watching it if I’m running at the gym and a game is on.

I used to follow hockey but fell off because everyone I used to watch/go to games with moved out of state. I was in DC when the Caps won the Stanley Cup though which was incredibly hype; you could do things like climb light poles and if you seemed like you knew what you were doing cops would be like “Ehh we get it”.

Then there’s action sports, specifically surfing and snowboarding. IMO surfing events are best watched passively, like as something playing in the background while you’re doing other stuff. Things can get intense, but a lot of the time you’re just staring at ocean swells and people floating on their boards, maybe someone on a jet ski here and there.
I love snowboarding, but I don’t pay attention to most competitive events. I prefer snowboarding films because I’m way more interested in backcountry riding, tree runs, etc. than I am watching a handful of people see who can land the cleanest series of corkscrews.

That said, last year the X Games introduced a new event for skiing and snowboarding called the Knuckle Huck. Instead of jumping from the big air ramp, riders pass it and launch from the rounded lip instead, aka the knuckle. It’s not really a competitive event, but it’s definitely the most stylish and you can see how much fun the pros are having.
Here’s this years Knuckle Huck for snowboarding. Skip to 34:20 to see a fun trick orchestrated by the last two competitors of the event.

weed cat

the stunting in basketball is great. people literally dunk on each other and stadiums full of thousands of people completely lose their poo poo (and i am all for it)

sort of an action sport - my sweetheart and i were talking about interesting sports the other night and i hadn't thought about the world rally championship in ages. man i can't believe that stuff isn't bigger in the states, but i guess people would rather watch nascar ... ???

Escape From Noise

Blaze one for the blazers my Portland bud

Escape From Noise

Also if you go to a Blazers game Upright Brewing is next door and they are my favorite brewery in Portland. Definitely up there worldwide

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

The only sport I care about is badminton. Seriously

take the moon

by sebmojo
*listens to sports by huey lewis & the news since i cant listen to the first american football lp* wish the cool folks would agree on what i could listen to already

Phyzzle
The only sport you can really listen to is baseball. Maybe cricket is also okay on the radio.

alnilam

futbol, aka the beautiful game, is real good

i have a lot of fun playing sports (casually) but don't enjoy watching them much, but i do really enjoy watching baseball in person, and soccer on tv or in person, and occasionally hockey. frankly i think one reason i really don't like sports on tv is commercials, which is maybe why i still like soccer (and to a lesser extent hockey) on tv, because the nature of the game doesn't allow for many tv interruptions

ty manifisto

alnilam

for a bunch of years i played floor hockey (in a proper floor hockey court with side and all that, with shoes (not skates) and a ball) in a grad student league in grad school. we had a really good team that won the championship some years - not necessarily because of me, i became a decent support player but never really scored any goals. we just had some really good (and canadian) players among our grad students as well as a professor and a staffer who were real good too.

anyway it was really fun and really special for hockey because the players were nice and looking to have fun. No big contact or slamming of people, no aggressive attitudes, certainly no fights. Unfortunately I've found since then that a lot of rec hockey leagues contain a lot of tough guy players who are out to bang people up, which i have no interest in. I think it's a real shame the way that people actually enjoy and even encourage or root for the fights in pro hockey.

ty manifisto

take the moon

by sebmojo
i used to watch puro wrestling (totes a sport) but once bullet club got lame i was like eh. not sure id ever wear a tshirt but i have complimented bc tees in the past

if bc ever got cool again i might try it out. i like kenny omegas "solo career" but i think the idea of being part of a team and hanging out forever rly resonated w/ me

Macnult

chess can get pretty badass, especially once you get into learning openings and successfully pull of a gambit or something. definitely a sport imo

weed cat

competition tetris is loving bananas. love it. i listen to basketball on the radio sometimes but only because i don't feel like giving the NBA a bunch of money. but i'll also go to bars with friends to watch since it's such a visual sport

biosterous

roller derby rules, it is the best! go find out when your local derby league is playing and go watch

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Mummy Napkin
i'll tune into some college basketball because that's the only sport my home state is known for and it gets pretty hype around here. other than that, i try to keep up with the sumo world as best to my ability. it's actually an exciting and beautiful sport.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

drone racing should be cool, but isn't. please help

Escape From Noise

I don't really seriously follow it but I enjoy watching sumo when it's on. Went to see it live once.

Chevy Slyme

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
IT’S BASE A BALL TIME.

PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS AND PITCHERS AND CATCHERS ARE REPORTING TO FLORIDA AND ARIZONA.

IT’S BASE A BALL TIME.

weed cat

wouldn't mind a pitcher :gizz:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

i like to watch track and i like to watch golf =)

Macnult

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

drone racing should be cool, but isn't. please help

Follow Me drones with the tracker attached to runners, race cars, etc

The X-man cometh
Hockey is good and cool (literally)

Macnult

The X-man cometh posted:

Hockey is good and cool (literally)

Escape From Noise

Midwesterners and Canadians love hockey. Like at least casually

Macnult

I feel like out of any sporting event, an NHL hockey game is probably the most enjoyable for someone who isn’t really into sports. It’s fast paced, surprisingly easy to follow, and you don’t have to worry about it raining. Fights between players occur but they’re more understandable and respectful than one would think, and if the violence is too much there’s usually an organ playing to help everyone not take things too seriously. On top of that there are only three, 20 minute periods rather than four quarters or nine innings or whatever else that takes way too much time.

biosterous

i like finding out about small weird sports that aren't broadly know about but still have dedicated followings around the world. like jugger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVhMVWmdUw

a bunch of folks with nerf weapons trying to score a goal, but only the person with no weapon is allowed to score. spawncamping is a part of this real-life sport. you get to see how hard it would be to use a flail in the middle of a melee, but how well it works if you can pull it off. it's neat!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

biosterous posted:

i like finding out about small weird sports that aren't broadly know about but still have dedicated followings around the world. like jugger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVhMVWmdUw

a bunch of folks with nerf weapons trying to score a goal, but only the person with no weapon is allowed to score. spawncamping is a part of this real-life sport. you get to see how hard it would be to use a flail in the middle of a melee, but how well it works if you can pull it off. it's neat!

Highschool flashbacks. Oh God

weed cat

i watched the NBA all-star contests tonight - missed the first part but caught the 3 pt contest and the dunk contest. they said, let there be dunks, and there were dunks, and they were jams. I have no strong feelings about Aaron Gordon's performance or his one-point loss to Derrick Jones Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Macnult posted:

chess can get pretty badass, especially once you get into learning openings and successfully pull of a gambit or something. definitely a sport imo

go and shogi are even better

but uhhh takes a lot of time to get into enough to enjoy watching