Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Aliens probably have some amazing drugs they should come share with us

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Squizzle posted:

if any cspam posters/lurkers are extraterrestrial or otherwise otherworldly in origin, pm me

I am celestial does that count?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

does anyone have a good article about CIA/US army disinformation around UFOs? i vaguely remember war nerd did an episode where they touched on how spooks were feeding the crazies alien stories to sow confusion and distract from weapons research. cant remember which journalist they said broke the story.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope aliens are real and I hope they loving flay my skin over a UFO.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

SorePotato posted:

is there any evidence that such aliens may hold beliefs comparable to communism?

cursed images

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
they are not aliens. and they are not from another planet. hth

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

CodeJanitor posted:

Well duh, they're from another dimension silly

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

gh0stpinballa posted:

does anyone have a good article about CIA/US army disinformation around UFOs? i vaguely remember war nerd did an episode where they touched on how spooks were feeding the crazies alien stories to sow confusion and distract from weapons research. cant remember which journalist they said broke the story.

its not readin but you must watch the documentary Mirage Men for the story youre referencing

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

CodeJanitor posted:

you sound nuts, maybe you should bolt

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

WOWEE ZOWEE posted:

Well duh, they're from another dimension silly

Nah, they're from inside the hollow earth.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Surprised no one has mentioned the navy patents theory.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US10144532B2/
https://patents.google.com/patent/US10322827B2/

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-a-believable-explanation-of-those-ufo-videos-released-by-the-navy-2019-10-15

quote:

Navy patent

Perhaps this could be achieved if the outer shell of the craft were turned into a cavity wall filled with gas, which would vibrate thanks to microwave emitters. This description was taken from a patent the U.S. Navy applied for in 2016, which says such a peculiar craft could move with great ease through air, space or water by being enclosed in a vacuum plasma bubble or sheath.

That could be the UAP that Fravor saw during his documented flight. Gravity manipulating tech at play could explain how the craft was able to effortlessly perform certain maneuvers such as suddenly turning sideways without losing altitude (aka knife-edge flight) in the FLIR1 video, or rapidly changing in-flight direction without visible inertia.

While the patent for the mysterious craft was approved last year, there is no indication that it was built or tested. Then again, it’s hard to imagine that a military aircraft equipped with this kind of technology would get any publicity.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28729/docs-show-navy-got-ufo-patent-granted-by-warning-of-similar-chinese-tech-advances

quote:

Pais is named as the inventor on four separate patents for which the U.S. Navy is the assignee: a curiously-shaped “High Frequency Gravitational Wave Generator;” a room temperature superconductor; an electromagnetic ‘force field’ generator that could deflect asteroids; and, perhaps the strangest of all, one titled “Craft Using An Inertial Mass Reduction Device.” While all are pretty outlandish-sounding, the latter is the one that the Chief Technical Officer of the Naval Aviation Enterprise personally vouched for in a letter to the USPTO, claiming the Chinese are already developing similar capabilities.
Shortly after the patent for the hybrid craft was approved in 2018, Pais presented another related paper, “Room Temperature Superconducting System for Use on a Hybrid Aerospace Undersea Craft” at the 2019 American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics SciTech Forum in San Diego this past January. In the paper, Pais writes that "the achievement of room temperature superconductivity (RTSC) represents a highly disruptive technology, capable of a total paradigm change in Science and Technology,” and adds that its “military and commercial value is considerable."
While plenty of commenters online have seen the patents and claimed that any old crackpot scientist can attempt to patent crazy-sounding technologies far beyond what is currently technologically feasible, I would hesitate to call the CTO of the Naval Aviation Enterprise working on behalf of the Federal Government a crackpot. Then again, it's not impossible.

The application was initially rejected by Patent Examiner Philip Bonzell on the grounds that "there is no such thing as a 'repulsive EM energy field,'" and that "when referring to the specifications as to ascertain about the microwave emitters needed in this system it is seen that for a high energy electromagnetic field to polarize a quantum vacuum as claimed it would take 10^9 [T]eslas and 10^18 V/m." That's roughly the equivalent to the magnetic strength generated by most magnetars and more electricity than what is produced by nuclear reactors.
According to documents available to the public at the USPTO website, the Patent Office rejected Pais' and the Navy's application for this craft on March 30, 2018. After it was rejected, the NAWCAD’s patent attorney, Mark O. Glut, appealed the decision and submitted further documentation to ensure the patent office that this craft is indeed "enabled," meaning it can actually be built and can perform as described in the patent.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
What synchronicity, pod drat america just released an episode on this.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Guys I'm here to tell you these are all skunkworks projects, and there's no way USNavy pilots would even know.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

if ftl travel is possible and aliens have it i just dont see how they havent fuckin destroyed us yet

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Zokari posted:

if ftl travel is possible and aliens have it i just dont see how they havent fuckin destroyed us yet

They are all jacked into the matrix op and don't give a gently caress about meatspace losers

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

WOWEE ZOWEE posted:

According to James Oberg, it may have been a thermal blanket.

sentient sids space blanket holy fuuuuuuuuck

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

They are all jacked into the matrix op and don't give a gently caress about meatspace losers

this is correct but we are the native inhabitants of said matrix and the aliens like to watch us

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

ohhh mama

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CA%BBOumuamua

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Imagine being some high level CIA or NSA officer that's worked their entire lives to get where they are and they're entrusted to watching lovely youtube videos of badly cgi'd ufos on the off chance they may have captured a picture of a super secret spy plane or maybe even a real UFO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Smoke dmt and the aliens will come to you :drugnerd: