Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Takeover was good. But man... don’t give me 2 out of 6 matches with gently caress finished. Especially after 30 minutes.

Nobody want that and it could easily be done after the match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Indie commentator MLJ said on Twitter it'd be nice if Takeover had different types of matches other then just "workrate". I agree. Was bored by match three. Miserable by main event.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That main event was a masterclass in excess ruining what could have been a good match. It felt like a year of wrestling shoved in one match for a payoff that makes Johnny Gargano look like an idiot.

Rest of the card was good, even though I personally hated the opener (other than the sick dive) and thought the women's match ending was flat. Charlotte showing up was some bullshit too.

Tag match and Tegan/Dakota were the best stuff on the show.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I enjoyed the show. NXT does such a nice job of making their dudes feel like stars and even getting me to sometimes suspend the "this guy isn't going to get over on the main roster" feeling I often have that gets in my way of these shows for me sometimes.

Somewhere along the line the main event crossed over from "acceptable 'overbooking' for a big main event" to "TNA" to me but there was so much good stuff that I accept it overall.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Finally got around to finishing this and I was fine with the ending. They never really finished the DIY feud and closing it out Mania weekend should be really fun.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Watched it last night, Ripley/Belair was best, Tag match was also best, Lee/Dijakovic was good, other stuff was not, thanks for listening

edit: forgot to say that I think Kyle O'Reilly is the best wrestler to ever exist

brian fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Feb 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That main event was a masterclass in excess ruining what could have been a good match. It felt like a year of wrestling shoved in one match for a payoff that makes Johnny Gargano look like an idiot.

Rest of the card was good, even though I personally hated the opener (other than the sick dive) and thought the women's match ending was flat. Charlotte showing up was some bullshit too.

Tag match and Tegan/Dakota were the best stuff on the show.

Yeah, the better way to do it is have Johnny come out, help Ciampa up, and then somewhere up the ramp, toss him in to the LCD boards, etc. just like Ciampa always did to him when he lost.