Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mak0rz posted:

I just remember trying it as a kid and loving it and my parents goading me into writing "They should rename it 'Arch Delicious'" on a suggestion card

That was the moment the good timeline departed from this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Captain Hygiene posted:

That was the moment the good timeline departed from this one

If I remember right I actually did it! Don't blame me for the clown man abandoning his company's greatest burger!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I look forward to mourning the loss of Domino's new cheeseburger pizza, which I expect is too insane to last long. Provolone/cheddar, hints of ketchup and mustard, beef, onions, and tomatoes, and the pièce de résistance: American cheese :psyduck:
And the weirdest thing is, it's actually pretty edible, in an extremely shameful, drunkfood.txt kinda way.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That describes dominos quite accurately.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
When I was in college, there was a local pizza place near campus that served dirt cheap cafeteria style squares of pizza. The had a fantastic cheeseburger pizza. The sauce was pizza sauce/ketchup/mustard in just the right ratio, and it was topped with beef crumbles and paper thin slices of onion and pickle. Shredded cheddar on top.

That pizza place doesn't exist anymore, but when I make pizza from scratch at home I frequently try to decode their perfect ratio of ingredients for cheeseburger pizza. I know it's a hard code to crack, because so many burger pizzas are absolute poo poo that you regret eating before you're even done.

Haven't tried the dominoes one tho. Tell me more.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Mak0rz posted:

Does anyone remember when Nestle released a limited edition Drumstick ice cream with an all-chocolate cone? I don't mean a chocolate flavored waffle cone, I mean the cone was made of milk chocolate.

I vividly remember eating these things in the early to mid 2000s or so (and making a godamn mess of my hands, clothes), but I'm searching the internet can't seem to find any evidence they existed at all. Please tell me I'm not crazy.

Edit:
Also yes the Arch Deluxe owned

I don't remember that but I hope it happened.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bold Robot posted:

RIP to:
- the BK smoked whopper circa 1997
- all of that pretzel bun stuff Wendy’s was doing like 5 years ago
- the BK California whopper, the guac was surprisingly good
- the KFC Twister (not sure if a true LTO)

:hmmyes: these were fuckin great

Wendy's just brought back the pretzel bun burgers, available immediately.

Finally a success story itt.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

TheAardvark posted:

Wendy's just brought back the pretzel bun burgers, available immediately.

Finally a success story itt.

:hellyeah: Went out there today, got the mammoth-sized full pub burger. It was really solid, was not expecting something other than just their regular burger with a different bun.

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Fun Shoe
Wheatables crackers from the early 90s were my favorite snack, at some point they rereleased them in a healthy format and my tiny heart was broken

thezanke
Feb 16, 2020

Chicken Enchilada Grilled Stuffed Burrito.

Just look at this thing:

It was around when I was in high school/first starting driving. It was the reason I started leaning more towards Taco Bell out of all the nearby options.

BONUS: Their grilled taquitos were also really good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

thezanke posted:

Just look at this thing:

It was around when I was in high school/first starting driving. It was the reason I started leaning more towards Taco Bell out of all the nearby options.

This is one of my favorite things they ever did. RIPs

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

thezanke posted:

Just look at this thing:

The loving OG Grilled Stufft Burritos (including this one) were the loving best, basically my all-time favorite Taco Bell product.

I don't know what they changed with the more recent incarnation, but they weren't anywhere near as good.

thezanke
Feb 16, 2020

Thanatosian posted:

I don't know what they changed with the more recent incarnation, but they weren't anywhere near as good.

completely agree, I tried one just recently and it was mostly just stale tortilla

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

:smith:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Pizza Hut pretzel crust pizza

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Give me my shredded chicken burritos back you heartless monsters.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I never got to try Popeye's hot honey chicken before the promotion ended :mad:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I am the one person in America who liked the Arch Deluxe. Also wtf was that McDonalds budget burger with the fried jalapenos, that was my go-to "I'm kinda hungry let me drop a buck fifty at some drivethrough"

EDIT: also not food but I hear Lake Edna fell on really hard times when the KFC closed

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I think there are lots of arch deluxe fans in this subforum

----------------

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I am the one person in America who liked the Arch Deluxe

Lol read the thread man

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I consider myself a freeman not bound by country or law, but I do wish the Arch Deluxe would come back

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Someone make the Arch Delusians gang tag. Once lotwax is no longer working the register, that is.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

I miss these chips :(

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

Lol read the thread man

they're only pretending to like it to seem cool though

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

BizarroAzrael posted:

UK Burger King "King Fries", launched in the mid nineties with Mr Potatohead cross promotion off the back of Toy Story. Lovely crisp coating around always fluffy interior. I didn't spot when they changed but BK fries are poo poo now.
Had them in the states to. Potatohead fries were fantastic

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

PenguinKnight posted:

I miss these chips :(

Whoa...

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I dont know if its going to the wayside but the local Hungry Howies, my employer, has just replaced the in store made sauce (from concentrate tomato paste but we handle all the rest) to a RTU pizza sauce that tastes like chef boyardee. Its... disgustingly sweet

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 27, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That sounds like one of Domino's newer expanded sauce options. I forget the name, but definitely that same "delicious" corn syrupy goodness.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Jack in the Box had a buffalo ranch sliders a few years ago. God, I miss those so much. WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Burger King did ribs a couple time. It was marketed like "gently caress YOU MCDONALDS WE HAVE REAL RIBS" and they were in fact just some rib rear end ribs, not as great as a place that specializes in them but still pretty good.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Went to Carl's Jr for the first time in a billion years and got the Prime Rib & Cheddar burger. For some reason I thought it was just gonna be a ploy to have higher quality meat but it turned out to have actual slices (of mediocre buffet quality) plopped on top of the burg. Overall, one whose limited existence I'll be happy with.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I assume that fast food places have decided that the general public is too stupid to recognize a better quality of meat for the burger which is why any time anyone has prime rib burgers they just plop the prime rib on top. Which is weird because earlier in the year I bought some actual prime rib burgers and you can definitely tell by taste.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I wish Starbucks had chestnut praline lattes all year round

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

sean10mm posted:

Greatest Wendy's burger, gone but not forgotten. :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHxoCKU6WMQ

It's still this, gently caress you Wendy's!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Trying the new cranberry and pomegranate "holiday" flavor of mountain dew. It's kind of bland and has an aftertaste I don't care for.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

why are cranberry Sierra Mist/Sprite/Ginger Ale not available in diet any more goddammit

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

in May or something they had Sprite Zero w/ Ginger, and I've never been able to find it since. I don't know if it's because of the aluminum shortage or if distributors in my area don't send it to stores or of it was a LTO,

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Diet cranberry ginger ale (Canada Dry) is usually a Christmas only thing where I’ve lived.

Related, apparently diet Squirt no longer exists.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
It is currently impossible to get any kind of caffeine free soda because of the can shortage and it makes me v. Sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

why are cranberry Sierra Mist/Sprite/Ginger Ale not available in diet any more goddammit

I got a pack of holiday themed Sparkling Ice (diet soda pretending it's better than diet soda because it has vitamins) at BJs recently. It has lemon/lime, ginger/lime, and cranberry flavors. The cranberry and ginger/lime ones are fantastic.

Wegmans also usually has 2L bottles of diet cranberry something something soda around winter time, if you live in the northeast US. They are decent and mix well with cheap liquor.