Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Who needs school when you learn everything from the streets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_9GuiE5Fck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bird with big dick posted:

Are you a programmer now

Sir this is a gas station

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

the system works

(I’m real sorry about your experience though)

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have two boys with IEPs now and our school is great. I do worry about how much they’re being pandered to though. Last year, my older son could just leave the classroom anytime he wanted to go to the ILC (I think this is Individual Learning Center or something, but it’s the special ed classroom), so he just did it whenever he had something hard he had to do, at least once a day. It sounded a little bit like MARTIN from Mr. Bean’s rant on page one, haha. I put a stop to that this year but he still goes there twice a week for therapy stuff, at scheduled times.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

signalnoise posted:

If a kid had a tantrum in my middle school they would wrap the kid up in some carpet and take them to a tiny, completely walled-in cell for them to chill out for a few hours with no supervision. The admin of the program did mock interviews for all the kids one week and when I said I wanted to be a programmer she asked me to give her the first five lines of a program that would generate prime numbers, and when I couldn't (because I was like 12 and had aspirations but not experience) she told me to think more realistically like working at a gas station. The middle school was also a high school, but if you graduated they just prepped you to get a GED because they weren't accredited or something. When I finally got out of that poo poo I jumped from dividing fractions to having to use the quadratic equation and I failed the poo poo out of that grade.

Where the gently caress did you go to school and when?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

I. M. Gei posted:

Where the gently caress did you go to school and when?

Metro Atlanta area, graduated high school 2001.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

CassandraZara posted:

I have two boys with IEPs now and our school is great. I do worry about how much they’re being pandered to though. Last year, my older son could just leave the classroom anytime he wanted to go to the ILC (I think this is Individual Learning Center or something, but it’s the special ed classroom), so he just did it whenever he had something hard he had to do, at least once a day. It sounded a little bit like MARTIN from Mr. Bean’s rant on page one, haha. I put a stop to that this year but he still goes there twice a week for therapy stuff, at scheduled times.

A school I have worked at allowed students to apply for a "leave pass" and they were quite freely given

This entitled them to leave the class at any time they wanted, however they had to let their teacher know, and sign in at the special ed work room and write a 100 to 200 word report explaining why they chose to leave and then they were given not quite free time. But time where they had to be bettering themselves in some way. Reading a book, catching up on assessments, actual art (not just doodling)

It gave certain students a safety valve and meant that they wouldn't explode and yell in class, while also allowing case managers to catch any patterns that caused stress to the student

Several poo poo teachers were discovered that way...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

signalnoise posted:

when I said I wanted to be a programmer she asked me to give her the first five lines of a program that would generate prime numbers

print("2 3 5 7 11");

One line, bitch.