Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
XFL should consider putting more teams in places that had NFL there, seems to be a big draw in places that once had football but dont anymore.

St Louis
San Diego
Oakland
Cleveland

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Athanatos posted:

XFL should consider putting more teams in places that had NFL there, seems to be a big draw in places that once had football but dont anymore.

St Louis
San Diego
Oakland
Cleveland
Is St. Louis really big enough for a second team, even an XFL team?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I've been watching news clips of the BattleHawks' home opener and if other teams' fans had even half the passion St. Louis does then the XFL has a shot

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Better Than You posted:

I've been watching news clips of the BattleHawks' home opener and if other teams' fans had even half the passion St. Louis does then the XFL has a shot

I don't think any other team has the passion of Battlehawks fans. None of the other fanbases has that "recently rejected by the NFL" rage burning inside them.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Pakled posted:

I don't think any other team has the passion of Battlehawks fans. None of the other fanbases has that "recently rejected by the NFL" rage burning inside them.

Yeah, plus St. Louis is the only team in the XFL that doesn't have a NFL counterpart. Every other XFL team is in a market with one or multiple NFL teams.

Still surprised that the XFL didn't set up a team in San Antonio; the Commanders showed that there's definitely a market for a team there.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

If the AAF comes back it’s my dream that they will merge with the XFL and all of the AAF teams will be in northern states so half the games or whatever are in lovely late winter to early spring weather.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, plus St. Louis is the only team in the XFL that doesn't have a NFL counterpart. Every other XFL team is in a market with one or multiple NFL teams.

Still surprised that the XFL didn't set up a team in San Antonio; the Commanders showed that there's definitely a market for a team there.

Vince is on good terms with Jerry Jones and Jerry is on-record saying he never wants a competitive pro team in San Antonio

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
i knew the wildcats had a good game or two in them. big shake up incoming in the super important xfl power rankings boys

e: also this was hilarious and something I didn't even think of when it comes to the two forward passes thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztzxipOoHrw

Play fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 25, 2020

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

MorrisBae posted:

Vince is on good terms with Jerry Jones and Jerry is on-record saying he never wants a competitive pro team in San Antonio

but he's OK with one in Dallas?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
An XFL team in Dallas is no threat whatsoever to the Cowboys

Neither is one in SA probably, but it does give fans an alternative they can more easily attend live

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

It was because the AAF was still in existence during the time the XFL were picking cities.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

oh also some dude crushed a 58 yarder. really thought that 55 yarder was gonna stand for a bit longer

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

All on the PJ Walker bandwagon

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

All on the PJ Walker bandwagon

buddy i've been on the PJ Walker bandwagon since Temple

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
https://twitter.com/XFLNewsCom/status/1232752326542102528

I simply can't imagine why he would do that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao Marc Trestman drove away the only reason anyone in Tampa Bay would ever want to see the team

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Alaois posted:

lmao Marc Trestman drove away the only reason anyone in Tampa Bay would ever want to see the team

I'm looking forward to seeing Trestman struggle to not sit Corn Dog after his first bad series because he's the only healthy QB he has left.

I wonder if Flowers can ask to be traded to another team or to Team 9.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Shinji2015 posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing Trestman struggle to not sit Corn Dog after his first bad series because he's the only healthy QB he has left.

I wonder if Flowers can ask to be traded to another team or to Team 9.

I thought Cornelius was a BIT better than Flowers honestly. Just a more reliable passer. Still not that great

am I correct in my understanding that you actually CAN imagine why he would do that?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
So basically if Trestman doesn't have the greatest CFL passer of all-time (Calvillo) or a Cfl hall of famer qb (ricky ray)...then he's a bad coach? Confirm/deny. I only watched his teams own the CFL so I'm biased towards good coach....

What the hell is happening here?

This is your reminder that Anthony Calvillo loving owned

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
imagine if trestman had had trubisky instead of cutler

hell cutler probably ignored him often enough to mitigate half of his coaching

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
hard to believe that trestman's was the raiders' oc during gannon's mvp season

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I had a fun time at the Guardians game yesterday. The crowd was noticeably smaller then the opening game, but it was also about 20 degrees colder out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

davecrazy posted:

I had a fun time at the Guardians game yesterday. The crowd was noticeably smaller then the opening game, but it was also about 20 degrees colder out.

Unless you're team was undefeated going into their second home game I think it was expected there'd be a drop off in attendance. If they can maintain week two levels of attendance, especially for the teams that aren't doing well, then it's maybe a sustainable thing.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The in person experience is cheap and it’s fun. I hope the league doesn’t die out.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

davecrazy posted:

The in person experience is cheap and it’s fun. I hope the league doesn’t die out.

Getting ESPN onboard helps because then it gets shown and talked about on Sportscenter.

The Matt McGloin thing got play all over and had to have been good for ratings.

I think XFL has some staying power as long as they arnt stealing money or some secret thing where they refuse to pay people.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Tampa Bay is real fuckin bad

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

Tampa Bay is real fuckin bad

how do you only post this right after they shut out the Defenders 25-0?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Who wants to post the Week 5 thread

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lol what the gently caress happened to the Defenders. They looked great the first 2 weeks, then back to back blowout losses to teams that are now each 1-3.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Docjowles posted:

lol what the gently caress happened to the Defenders. They looked great the first 2 weeks, then back to back blowout losses to teams that are now each 1-3.

Someone said in the GDT that a couple of their starters on the OL are out, which would help explain why their offense has stagnated, but their defense is terrible. Tampa's OL was literally able to shove them around at will last night.

At this point Houston and St. Louis are leagues ahead of the rest of the XFL. I'd put Dallas at a solid third; their defense is the best in the league, and kept them in a game that they should have rightfully been blown out in. The rest of the league is basically a toss-up at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3915857