Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i didn't like the madoka dub at first, but when i watched the movies a few years back in english i really enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

any dub with liam o'brien in it is worth hearing

also yeah baccano dub kicks rear end

i've also always liked the dubs of the various gundam shows that i've watched, personally. michael kopsa as char is just too good

I was about to bring up the original Mobile Suit Gundam. Watched it dubbed about a decade ago, and just rewatched it recently, the dub is actually not bad, at least voice actor-wise. Amuro, Char, Bright, and Sayla were all pretty decent (though Bright's actor sucks at crying). I tried watching some of the subs, but it honestly felt too dry.

It's funny, because I then tried watching Gundam the Origin dubbed and hated it. Everyone was so over the top. It was kinda funny.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

J-Spot posted:

Konosuba - I wouldn't have thought they could pull this one off as a dub but it worked surprisingly well. Faye Mata kills it as Aqua.

Don't forget Patrick Seitz absolutely hamming it up as Dullahan. He is just perfect for that part.

I'll always bat for the Slayers dub, especially the TV show. Bit more mixed on the movies as I like Japanese Naga more.

Pretty much all the Gundams have excellent dubs. Sunrise shows in general usually get it right.

Folks mentioned Bebop of course, but what about Samurai Champloo? I thought it was great.

I'd also like to add Eureka Seven and Ergo Proxy. Both really solid.

EDIT: They also did a pretty good job on Pop Team Epic. Even keeping a lot of the VA jokes intact by using both English counterparts.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ninjewtsu posted:

any dub with liam o'brien in it is worth hearing

also yeah baccano dub kicks rear end
Just remembering those distinctly mob-like accents of "Yea, whll so whut?" and "Shhyut up!" puts a skip on my step. :3:

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I don't usually watch dubs nowadays, but I agree that Madoka and Yu Yu Hakusho both have good ones. Madoka's dub manages to capture the characters and emotion really effectively, and Yu Yu Hakusho's dub manages to turn up the enjoyable corniness and really enhance the experience.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Mokinokaro posted:

Don't forget Patrick Seitz absolutely hamming it up as Dullahan. He is just perfect for that part.

Strike baby WOOOOOOOO!

They've been teasing the season 2 dub for a while now and I can't wait to see how Darkness' VA handles things.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Reiche posted:

Strike baby WOOOOOOOO!

They've been teasing the season 2 dub for a while now and I can't wait to see how Darkness' VA handles things.

I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet but it’s out as of Monday.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

J-Spot posted:

I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet but it’s out as of Monday.

Woah! I must have checked like a week or two ago too

:bignews:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wark Say posted:

For recent-ish stuff, if any Spanish-speaking regular has missed out on it, the LatAm dub for Fate/Apocrypha is pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1RvxzbjH68

The Dub for Demon Slayer is OK for the most part, but it does have some pretty fun stand-outs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRl_au1sbXg

My favorite dubbed thing to this day, though? Probably the LatAm dub of Slam Dunk. René Garcia (surprise surprise, a voice actor for Vegeta steals the show) absolutely sold you Hanamichi Sakuragi in a way that sadly I never quite got from Takeshi Kusao.

The Demon Slayer dub is amazing just for Bryce as Inosuke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIm1Nb6Bg4E

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I never got around to finishing the series but Ian Sinclair killed it as the narrator in How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
This may be rose tinted glasses but I thought they did a decent job on lupin the third stuff. They tended to update their pop culture references and stuff too.

Also, I think I've literally only seen one episode of it dubbed but the English va's of konosuba nailed it.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I think everyone mentioned all the obvious ones, but I'll give a shout out to Gun X Sword for being one of the first dubs I remember liking more than the subs.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Heroic Legend of Arlson (the old OAVs). I remember hating dubbed anime in a angst teenager way, but that stuck out. Also the Ranma 1/2 english voices are burned in my mind as being the right ones, so they get an automatic mention.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I've been watching the dub of Doctor Stone recently. I feel like it's pretty good! Senku manages to frequently sound smug without coming off as an rear end in a top hat. All of the supporting characters work.

It feels like you can watch most any modern dub and expect a high bar of quality.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Would parody dubs count? Because I enjoyed the TeamFourStar parody videos for both DBZ Abridged and Hellsing Ultimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Came here to post Black Lagoon and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt but looks like someone already did, those two are literally The Best Dubs.