Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
CNN's group of local voters was dumb as gently caress so if they're representative of SC, Bernie is in trouble, but not more trouble than SC, land of morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Beachcomber posted:

CNN's group of local voters was dumb as gently caress so if they're representative of SC, Bernie is in trouble, but not more trouble than SC, land of morons.

yeah. i think he will be a very close second in SC and than do very well super tuesday.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

dr_rat posted:

Quite surprised Biden scored so high. He really seem to be struggling to even just put together coherent sentences a few times. Possibly his high mark was just related to people who already liked him and wasn't really performanced based I guess?

This is quite possibly Biden's best debate yet. Struggling to put together coherent sentences is par for the course for him these days, so the fact that he managed to clearly answer even one or two questions was a step up for him.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Biden seemed like an honest player when he called out the poo poo moderation ("I guess we just talk over the other guy is how this works?" or whatever he said) and he got some points with me for that at least.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Zwabu posted:

Biden seemed like an honest player when he called out the poo poo moderation ("I guess we just talk over the other guy is how this works?" or whatever he said) and he got some points with me for that at least.

I'm looking over my presidential qualities list here... And I don't seem to see calling out moderators in a primary debate as one of them.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Zotix posted:

I'm looking over my presidential qualities list here... And I don't seem to see calling out moderators in a primary debate as one of them.

I'm not saying he did the best or is the best candidate. All I'm saying is he came across well for doing it, in my book.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
So having some time to process what I heard, no one really "won" tonight. Bernie held together against all the attacks well but I don't feel like he gained any ground. Warren I think might have attacked Bloomberg a little too much to the point where it lost focus on what she was attacking him about and more how vicious she was doing it. She wasn't as effective as last debate and likely will cost her.

Biden seemed slightly more together tonight than in the last several debates but still did not put on a great performance. There was several points where he was talking and my partner and I stated that he really should not be running for office. It is just sad. Klob tried her best and got some softballs thrown her way but fumbled pretty much everything. Her biggest issue is she has no real platform other than "I did stuff in the Senate" which frankly doesn't work well for Biden either.

Pete was quite bad tonight. His debate prep seems to consist of him getting prepared statements or one liners to throw out. At no time does he seem not scripted or genuine. Like I still would not be a fan of his policies but if he put anything into making me think he actually is passionate about any of it would make me respect him some.

Steyer actually had the best performance he has had so far. It wasn't effective at all but he was at least better than he has been. Although if I hear him state that he started a bank one more loving time...

And Bloomberg came off just as bad as he did in the first debate just in a different way. Between him catching himself saying he has bought candidates, to the awkward pause after saying "black", the weird contestants line, the frankly poor lines of attack on Bernie in particular and the insane claim of he won the last debate made him come off as unlikeable, out of touch and woefully unprepared.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
anywhere to find a full replay of the debate? I'm only getting clips/transcripts from google.

e: nevermind looks like OP's link works

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
When even Chris Cillizza complains about the inappropriate biased crowd, bad moderation and says Bernie didn't get knocked out despite a lot of hits, I think it was an alright result.

Unfortunately I think it means Joe will probably win SC by a few points, but I think Super Tuesday still looks alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Amy Pole Her posted:

It was such an ugly look. He looked stupid when he looked over at the moderator who said “one at a time” and he just kept talking.

It was childish as poo poo

It’s a strategy that suggests he’s afraid of letting the other person speak. The way to get a debate kill shot is to lay a verbal trap and let the other person say something dumb. The media isn’t going to play sound bites of Pete talking over someone except to possibly criticize Pete.

ghostwritingduck fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 26, 2020