Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

What is a checkers

A Rally's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

What is a checkers

It's a Rally's with a different name.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

What is a checkers

They're the same restaurants, it's like a Hardees/Carl's Jr situation

It's checkers in most of the south and eastern seaboard, rallys in the midlands and west coast (except a really weird enclave in north Carolina, I think)

If you ever get a chance to stop by one, get the chicken bites and fries box, period

It cannot be beat

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I have lived in my neighborhood since April 2018, and today, for the first time, I saw someone walk out of the Checkers next to the train stop near my apartment. I'm stunned.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
Why aren't you walking in and out of there more

Go get a chicken bites box for gently caress's sake

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm stunned that the Checkers has an inside

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

muscles like this! posted:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

muscles like this! posted:

I’ve never seen a Checkers, but I’ve also never seen a Rally’s with an inside either.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

eightysixed posted:

I’ve never seen a Checkers, but I’ve also never seen a Rally’s with an inside either.

I am fairly certain back in the 90’s I was in a Rally’s and it had a counter that you could order at, but no seating. I could possibly be misremembering though.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

eightysixed posted:

drunkb posted:

I am fairly certain back in the 90’s I was in a Rally’s and it had a counter that you could order at, but no seating. I could possibly be misremembering though.

The one's I've seen I can't remember having an inside beyond the kitchen, maybe newer ones do. Typically, I think they have a drive through, a walk-up counter, and some small patio area with picnic table style outdoor seating. Think like several cement tables and chairs with some umbrellas or maybe an overhang or something like that.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Yeah, that’s what I remember about Rally’s too. The cement patio thing.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Looks like there may some random spots with an interior that you can eat in. This was not the place I was at though. Mine was in Cleveland.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g42089-d5272079-r239883819-Rally_s-Clio_Michigan.html

E: It is shared with a gas station, so it isn’t a regular Rally’s.

----------------

drunkb fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 20, 2022

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Rallys I go to the most has 2 drive thru windows and 2 walkup windows and is is about the total size of my tiny living room.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

drunkb posted:

Looks like there may some random spots with an interior that you can eat in. This was not the place I was at though. Mine was in Cleveland.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g42089-d5272079-r239883819-Rally_s-Clio_Michigan.html

E: It is shared with a gas station, so it isn’t a regular Rally’s.

what da fuk?

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
I've lived a bunch all up and down the east coast, in my experience the walk-ups with the outdoor patio are a mostly southern thing, but the northeast and any city based establishment tend towards indoor eat-ins

My regular one in Brooklyn was an indoor, but they actually also had the outdoor patio behind the building in a weird courtyard that you have to walk down a long-rear end hallway to get to

I don't think I ever saw anyone use that patio once

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Chief McHeath posted:

what da fuk?

:captainpop:

----------------

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

My exact reaction too.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

i reckon up in yankee parts nobody wants to sit out in the cold

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I live in the Midwest and all the Checkers here are the kind with walk up windows and no inside.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

postmodifier posted:

I've lived a bunch all up and down the east coast, in my experience the walk-ups with the outdoor patio are a mostly southern thing, but the northeast and any city based establishment tend towards indoor eat-ins

My regular one in Brooklyn was an indoor, but they actually also had the outdoor patio behind the building in a weird courtyard that you have to walk down a long-rear end hallway to get to

I don't think I ever saw anyone use that patio once

Another sign Arizona is the south as much as they try to deny it at times.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I went to Rally's earlier in th e week they had an automated drive through voice prompt.

Considering half my job it seems is calling tech support for big companies, and that I've been dealing with both insurance and cell phone and cable issues a lot lately, I legit almost just drove off I'm so tired of dealing with these loving things but in pandemic times i"m in Phoenix 1 to 2 times a year so it was my only chance to have Rallys.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

got some tendies at checkers today with high hopes that they would be like the fries but chicken and delicious and they were hugely disappointing. probably didnt help that were dry and overcooked, but they wouldn't have been what i was hoping for even if they had been perfectly cooked

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Tried the funnel cake fries and they were fuckin nasty and greasy and too sweet but I couldnt stop eating them and I won’t order again

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I never thought I’d have sub-Dollar Tree freezer section quality mozzarella sticks but Checkers came through.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
It’s probably been 30 years since I have even seen a Rally’s, but all it took was a glance at the thread title and I remembered “oh, man they had really good fries.”

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

The Cubelodyte posted:

It’s probably been 30 years since I have even seen a Rally’s, but all it took was a glance at the thread title and I remembered “oh, man they had really good fries.”

They sell the fries in grocery stores these days; top tier if you’re doing your own burgers at home

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

Tyler Whitney posted:

They sell the fries in grocery stores these days; top tier if you’re doing your own burgers at home

The fries at rallys are Different in a way that I can't explain. Even when properly salted (to all hell) like the restaurant it doesn't taste the same. It's gotta be their gutter oil they fry them in

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Tyler Whitney posted:

yes they're amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

just had some checkers fries and a milkshake as a lil afternoon snack a++