Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
But can they still suffer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Scalding Coffee posted:

I think those naked zombies are G zombies. Revived corpses that can't evolve since they had no living tissue. They appeared in a couple games at the very end, where they suddenly show up in numbers. They are not related to Pale Heads.

Naked zombies show up at the end of all 3 of the OG Resident Evil games. The strong implication is that, while other zombies were just infected and reanimated scientists or townsfolk, these are test subjects. This explains why they're swarming out of the disposal pools here.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.

Gnoman posted:

This episode shows just how broken the ammo crafting system can be. You could conceivably have that many magnum rounds (and the Magnum) at the STARS office if the RNG falls just right.

I've been thinking about how to make this work, and while you could do it, you'd be so ammo-starved until then that it'd probably just make the game a lot harder. Might not even be possible to beat the first Nemesis fight unless you're some sort of knife savant.

-------

12. You want STARS?! I'll give you stars!

And so Jill's adventure ends, not with a bang but many bangs, and then increasingly big explosions.

Thank you to everyone for watching all the way through! I know things have gotten pretty tense since we launched but this game was a lot of fun to revisit and I hope we managed to brighten your days at least a little bit. We're starting work on 3make right now, though it won't go up immediately -- keep an eye out for it!

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Level 1 Thief posted:

I've been thinking about how to make this work, and while you could do it, you'd be so ammo-starved until then that it'd probably just make the game a lot harder. Might not even be possible to beat the first Nemesis fight unless you're some sort of knife savant.

There's enough ammunition to get through the pre-RPD part of the game without using any powder if you're very careful and know exactly which zombies to fight and which ones to avoid. It does make the early game a tiny bit harder, but subsequent Nemesis fights are so much easier (due to plentiful power ammo) that you wind up with more ammo for your basic weapons then you would have had otherwise. It is easier than getting the RE2 costume unlock, for example.

You only get the boutique key if you have unlocked at least one costume, and costume unlocks are based on your ranking. With such a low rank, you didn't unlock one.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There is a optional cutscene where you can destroy a helicopter if Nemesis didn't murder Nikolai, who would be piloting it. Got to keep that tradition going. You can wimp out and let Nikolai get away and break canon for that cutscene and gets his retirement fund. I didn't know there were other ways that Nikolai would end up dead in the game.
About the Special Forces guys in Dead Factory and the dead Tyrant. Much like how canon in this franchise is very flexible, the later CGI movies explained that Umbrella have some pull in Congress (the federal council, among other translation errors) and the President knew what was going on and tried to destroy the factory in order to hide any possible scandal connecting it to the US government. Also why it took forever for Umbrella to be made a non-entity because systemic corruption. So the Feds were working with Umbrella this whole time and swept under the rug until RE6 came along.

I would prefer this version over the 3Make one. That felt like a rush job with a now horrible Not-Mercenaries mode with a ruined balance.