Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

So it's 2020, and i could potentially grab Fallout 76 for ~20$. is it worth picking up yet, or is it still a mess? Just refusing it out of hand for all the nonsense that happened at launch is all well and good, but i'm looking for some opinions if anyone has played it lately, has it gotten any better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
This has been here like 20 minutes and no ones responded. I dont think anyone is playing it still.

To contribute for me at least f76 is firmly in the can i get it for free? Then ill try it zone. Because all the fuckery around it by the studio makes it not something id put money into.

Edit: with that said they were supposed to get an update to add npcs and change the world in it a bit? So maybe wait for someone who has played it recently i dunno.

Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

Have no fear, the Captain is here!
I've quit and restarted the game a few times now, and have made a new character to have ready for the next expansion.

I would say it depends. If you want a neat world full of nooks and crannies to explore (with not much else to do, aside from home building) then this is actually a pretty good game. I think the first 5 - 10is hours are pitch perfect for this depopulated world they've made, and can actually be really, really fun.

But as time drags on, you'll find that the grind gets just a little bit to long, that the areas become less and less interesting vs. the first one and all you'll really have for all your exploring is a literal pile of trash.

Then at the end game it's all about hunting for legendaries and the items they drop. It's not great.

I don't know what the expansion will change, it really, really needs to rethink the mid and late game, but if 20 bucks for 10 good hours of exploring sounds good to you then there are likely worse ways to kill a weekend.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
See theres a pretty good take. I still say $20 is too much for me for the game as is but it may vary for you.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

If you liked ignoring the main quest in Fallout 4 and just exploring the world you’ll probably enjoy it. It’s true that there’s not much to do once you’ve completed all the quests and visited all the locations but that’s still going to take you a substantial amount of time. At this point you probably should just wait for the Wastelanders update in April before playing it though.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Nope close thread.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
It's not even worth a shitpost OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008