Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I've never eaten at "Church's Chicken" because I am not of North America but its international equivalent fuckin whips bones dude.

For some reason I always assumed it was one of those regional things like white castle but apparently it's all over the US? That's cool. They also got it all across the middle east, southeast asia, and the former USSR, as well as a bunch of other extremely weird and unsavory places like New Zealand.

This is what the Texas Chicken menu looks like. My understanding is that KFC in the US doesn't give you the option of either regular or spicy chicken, which is so insane and awful that I am having a personality disorder just from thinking about it, but I'm looking at the US menu now and it looks like churchy chicken does fill that niche for Americans, which is a relief.

This is the Mexicana Burger. It's probably better and MUCH less dreary than your preferred chicken sandwich.

They also got these jalapeno bullshit bites and they're not super unique or anything but I think that the Texas Chicken version is just really good.

Please go to Texa's Churches Chicken! It will make you happy and solve your problems :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Pretty good posted:

Please go to Texa's Churches Chicken! It will make you happy and solve your problems :)

I dunno... if I head out that way I'll probably get mugged.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I had a mexicana burg for dinner last night, and let me tell you, being accosted and brutalised in the pursuit of that sandwich is absolutely worth it probably.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
I have had Churchs Chicken in Texas and its oily heat lamp garbage from a den of health violations

bone app the tit

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've been to a Church's once. It was aggressively forgettable and shared a parking lot with a whoopass Jamaican restaurant.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Had Church's once, in Texas appropriately enough. It was memorable, and the fact that I only went once despite it being within walking distance of my apartment is not an accident. On the plus side, I did find a feather in the box, so I at least know that the meat was probably a chicken, despite the fact that my nose and stomach seemed to disbelieve that.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

aniviron posted:

Had Church's once, in Texas appropriately enough. It was memorable, and the fact that I only went once despite it being within walking distance of my apartment is not an accident. On the plus side, I did find a feather in the box, so I at least know that the meat was probably a chicken, despite the fact that my nose and stomach seemed to disbelieve that.

That's how you know it's fresh.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm glad it makes you happy OP, I wish it was that good in the US. I do like their mashed potatoes but am hesitant to order anything else on the menu. They had a "bourbon rotisserie chicken" as a limited time offer last year and it was really good but after that month it was back to only going there if I wanted their mashed potatoes.

Rick fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 18, 2020

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah I was kinda looking forward to going looking for a churchs next time I go to the US but after reading people's responses ITT I am probably never gonna do that actually. Texas Chicken is really really good and if you ever end up in Saudi Arabia or Belarus or wherever you gotta get it. Their mash does kick rear end, plain stuff is already solid but their Thailand/Malaysia/Singapore menu has this incredible green curry mash bowl thing and I am deeply rumbling thinking about it

pram
Jun 10, 2001
churchs is good af and kfc is poo poo tier

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm glad people enjoy church's chicken but every one around me loving sucks and the workers can't delivier quality friend chicken

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ANUSTART posted:

I have had Churchs Chicken in Texas and its oily heat lamp garbage from a den of health violations

bone app the tit
There was a Church's Chicken next to the Love's truck stop in Brunswick GA and they got closed down for health violations and that was the tastiest goddamn chicken. 4 drums and 4 thighs for a low low price. The secret to the taste is lax hygiene standards.

The place that took over the spot is expensive and slow and now the Love's has a Chesters (well, did, that part is closed due to the 'rona) so bone up the teeth

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Not my favorite fried chicken but they do in a pinch because there was one that was less than a mile from my old house and you could get a box of chicken for half the price of KFC or Popeye's.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

chicken sucks, but sometimes i'll get a large fried okra to bring to parties (bush's chicken is better all around tho)

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

i say swears online posted:

chicken sucks, but sometimes i'll get a large fried okra to bring to parties (bush's chicken is better all around tho)

this is why I go to Church's instead of Popeye's on some days

gotta drive out into the sticks for Church's but they got okra

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah popeyes not having okra is pretty egregious but i guess it wouldn't sell in the north

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The smoked chicken is back but not as good as last time. It has a funny smell too. I still like it better than their normal chicken though.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
Church's was easily the worst of the various fried chicken options when I was in alabama, which seemed to be like the poo poo fried chicken capital of the world or something. They had one right off base, and I would still rather go across the street to the taco bell where a marine had been shot in the head during a car jacking in the drive through. Even their biscuits sucked, which puts them behind the other truly poo poo-tier chicken joints like KFC

Give me Zaxby's/Raising Cain's or give me something else!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Raising Cane's is the hot new sh*t here in Southern California. They've just come on the scene a few years ago and now they're everywhere. They're also doing really well, too, even through the pandemic.

I usually go to the one by my work, but now another one opened up near my home, which is good because of the pandemic. Haven't gone recently but I really should go. Better than chic-fil-a, that's for sure.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

On the other hand, I really want okra with my fried chicken, and raising cane's sides are just fries, slaw, and toast. Unless you just want to chug down that sauce.

Church's chicken for life, but only when convenient. It's like 30 miles from here.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

starbucks hermit posted:

On the other hand, I really want okra with my fried chicken, and raising cane's sides are just fries, slaw, and toast. Unless you just want to chug down that sauce.

Church's chicken for life, but only when convenient. It's like 30 miles from here.

Yeah, Cain's sides are pretty lame, especially the texas toast. It's just not the same without proper biscuitst! The chicken itself is pretty good (I don't generally get the bone-in chicken, so I don't draw a line between places that only do boneless like some people), and the sauce is decent, but the sides really keep it from being top tier. Also it's pretty damned expensive, comparatively.

I would still eat it almost every single day if the only alternative was Church's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think Churches is worse, but I'd rather eat there than Cains because RC is like tender-shaped flavor-free food bars with orange dye cheap mayonnaise sauce and 90s oven-baked fries put in a deep fryer and lightly brownded wonder bread. At least I know I ate something at Church's .