Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The Dunkin near me never has the red velvet donuts. But it will still let me order it on the app, and then when I get there they apologize for being out and instead give me three donuts of my choice for the same price. I’ve done this several times now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Don’t worry, they aren’t good.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I would eat Krispy Kreme every single time over DD. They are so dry and sad. Like someone defrosted it in their car. I have better places around me that are better than Krispy Kreme, but it is about a 20 minute ride. No sweet way to get there. Highway or Main Street take the same time. I have 3 DD’s within 5 minutes in all directions. They dropped the donuts from their name for a reason. Nothing of value was lost when they changed to just Dunkin

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I don’t understand why you’d be eating the donuts from either place.

Weird food. Somehow considered breakfast but also the kind of thing where if you eat it you’re hungry fifteen minutes later

----------------

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
My daughter’s dance class is a football field away in distance. We generally don’t get either. She wants a jamocha shake from Arby’s.

----------------

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Dunkin’ is what you bring to work parties because a real cake is expensive

----------------

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
glazed or jelly sticks from dunks are both good, but especially the jelly. The coffee roll is pretty good too. Just gotta pick and choose.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I often pick up donuts from there for co-workers on busy days.
I usually picked regular non-cream filled ones, but then got half and half. Surprised that people actually grab the cream filled ones first. Those things are way too sweet for me.

----------------

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I don’t understand why you’d be eating the donuts from either place.

Weird food. Somehow considered breakfast but also the kind of thing where if you eat it you’re hungry fifteen minutes later

The basic KK donut warm is still S-tier. The rest of the menu is mid at best but that sucker hot off the belt is still something to write home about.

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

drunkb posted:

I would eat Krispy Kreme every single time over DD. They are so dry and sad. Like someone defrosted it in their car. I have better places around me that are better than Krispy Kreme, but it is about a 20 minute ride. No sweet way to get there. Highway or Main Street take the same time. I have 3 DD’s within 5 minutes in all directions. They dropped the donuts from their name for a reason. Nothing of value was lost when they changed to just Dunkin

the donuts at dunkin' have been pretty awful for many, many years now... but via some deal in the app i procured a coffee roll and dang if it wasn't pretty good

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

C. Everett Koop posted:

The basic KK donut warm is still S-tier. The rest of the menu is mid at best but that sucker hot off the belt is still something to write home about.

wished more places do warm donuts; like any place can make some fancy donuts but a warm, fresh glazed is still my fav

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Growing up with them maybe once every six months in the 80s, Dunkin' Donuts was a delicious treat. From the stand-alone shops my family frequented, the donuts were clearly baked in store. Whether that meant "made from scratch" or more believably "from pre-packaged mix" with some combination of "just add water" through "add fresh eggs, butter, etc" they were good and from my memory, nostalgic. The kind of nostalgia that today as a 50 year old, would easily entice me to drive a mile away to my local "Dunkin' in a convenience store" location and pick up a weekend breakfast for my family...if they weren't so awful.

As much as I understand "extreme capitalism" and "race to the bottom", there's part of me that is fascinated to know the economics behind Dunkin's path to shitify their donut product. The current product (I tried a few years ago) is worse than any cellophane-wrapped convenience store fodder; I wouldn't eat another with someone else's mouth.

So how much is Dunkin' saving today having their donuts made not just off-premises but weeks or months ago chock full of junk to "preserve" them and make them taste like tasteless absolute poo poo? Is the difference from what they do now to the past scenarios of "made in store" or "made daily but shipped to smaller stores" along with various costs of ingredients, employees, waste, etc. an "ok, I get it" price difference of over 90% or ridiculous penny-pinching amounts like 10% or less?

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Cheesus posted:

Is the difference from what they do now to the past scenarios (...) price difference of over 90% or ridiculous penny-pinching amounts like 10% or less?

You know the sad, sad answer in your heart.

Not just this place, but like most everywhere in the somewhat related businesses.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1751139038818426999
https://www.businessinsider.com/dunkin-sued-over-charging-lactose-intolerant-customers-extra-for-non-dairy-milk-2024-1?amp
The lawsuit hangs on the fact that the surcharge doesn't change based on what non-dairy you chose and is just a flat fee. Which they're arguing means people are being charged extra because they're choosing non-dairy and not because of a difference in the price of ingredients.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
fuckin got em

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I really wish dunkin didn't switch up their coollatta flavors every year. The raspberry lime one and the Arnold palmer one were the best slushes I've ever had

ty Saoshyant!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I would have went in to try those if I knew they had them. I had a dragonfruit one and was like "that was good."

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Did they discontinue the pancake wraps? Because if so, I'm going to need to set aside the weekend for mourning.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah they been gone for a minute, just got basic rear end tortilla wraps now

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
These sausage egg & cheese empanadas are not good

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

My wife said they tasted like the breakfast Hot Pockets.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Yeah, that’s pretty much how I would describe them. Very sad and disappointing.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

That makes me excited for them now

----------------

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Szyznyk posted:

My wife said they tasted like the breakfast Hot Pockets.

:aaaaa: Holy poo poo, that's exactly it. The wrong kind of spicy, the wrong kind of soft, and it tastes weirdly cheap. Definitely not worth the money imho.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

My wife got one for me. She got it for $2. I was disappointed.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I went to DD this morning and noticed their little a la carte side menu and you can just get a little paper sleeve full of bacon

I didn't get any but that owns

----------------

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Has anyone had this "Spark'd" drink yet? Is it any good?

Elephant Ambush posted:

I went to DD this morning and noticed their little a la carte side menu and you can just get a little paper sleeve full of bacon

I didn't get any but that owns

I don't like bacon nearly enough to get something like that, but I agree that it owns that it's even an option

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

Has anyone had this "Spark'd" drink yet? Is it any good?

I don't like bacon nearly enough to get something like that, but I agree that it owns that it's even an option

The snackin’ bacon is usually overly sweet, and this is from a person who regularly pours maple syrup on his bacon. It’s usually cold too.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
The blueberry donut iced coffee is pretty good

I am a patient they.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I tried one of the new chocolate chip cookies because tbh it would be nice to make Starbucks completely obsolete, but it was the saltiest cookie I ever tasted and there were these little weird pieces in the middle that had the texture of Kix :gonk:

emSparkly posted:

The blueberry donut iced coffee is pretty good

Blueberry + donut + coffee seems like a strange combination of flavors

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Summer Moon Coffee only exists in very limited capacity across the US right now but their blueberry crisp latte is fuckin' delicious when it's on the menu (which it is right now). They basically just use oat milk along with their in house sweet creamer to evoke the granola/crumble topping flavor and it works.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

YeahTubaMike posted:

Blueberry + donut + coffee seems like a strange combination of flavors

It's actually awesome and you should give it a try

----------------

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's actually awesome and you should give it a try

Blueberry donuts rip so I would assume that it wouldn't be terrible combined with a natural ally in coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

C. Everett Koop posted:

Blueberry donuts rip so I would assume that it wouldn't be terrible combined with a natural ally in coffee.

this