Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok I have been filling up my own reusable water bottle at Free Refill soda stations all over the state of South Carolina for like 3 years and today was the first time ever told me I couldn’t.

I fill up like 80% ice so it stays cold and then go Unsweetend Tea because I need a sugarless beverage that contains no sweeteners.

Wendy’s, Burger King, KFC, Hardy’s YOU NAME IT never had so much a blink.

Today a cashier of the McDonald’s in town, a very old lady, told me I “couldn’t do that”. I was already finished and wasn’t gonna dump it out so I just, y’know, left.

Folks are you paying for the cup or are you paying for the beverage? What does “Free Refill” really mean? Is this a victimless crime (accounting for the absolute stone cold FACT that most of the unsweetened tea is destined for a kitchen drain at the end of the night)? Was this woman just way too invested in her cashier position at a fast-food joint at Noon? Or have I just been getting away with an incredibly dumb crime for 3 years and only now have my McNuggets come home to roost?

For reference I am drinking the tea now it is cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Did you pay for a drink and decline the cup or are you literally stealing?

Not that stealing from multibillion corporations is wrong... but it is stealing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No, I did not purchase a beverage.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
keep doing crimes op

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The other stores probably thought you were filling up with water

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I can't believe you've thought this entire time it was okay to just go in to a store and take soda without paying. Lmfao.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

is stealing from mcdonald's how your brother got put in jail too op?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Bust Rodd posted:

No, I did not purchase a beverage.

I fuckin knew it.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
hahahahaha wait you thought 'free refills' meant you could take any container in off the street and fill it and leave without buying anything. hey maybe if you bring a really big container you can start your own competing soda business.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
goldmine

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

TheAardvark posted:

I can't believe you've thought this entire time it was okay to just go in to a store and take soda without paying. Lmfao.

Who's going to stop you?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pewdiepie posted:

Who's going to stop you?

Apparently a very old lady at McDonalds?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Apparently a very old lady at McDonalds?

RCP she didn’t stop anything and neither can any fast food employee.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Check this out: you can ask for a cup for water then fill it with any beverage you want. I typically choose water or unsweetened ice tea. But you can choose anything your heart desires even soda.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
You're not stealing from a multibillion dollar corporation, you're stealing from the managers that need to make food cost in order to buy birthday presents for their kids.

Just pay for a drink you cheap gently caress.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

You are “stealing” less than a penny every time you do this so don’t listen to the morons acting like you’re dining and dashing

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
God I love this forum

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Coasterphreak posted:

You're not stealing from a multibillion dollar corporation, you're stealing from the managers that need to make food cost in order to buy birthday presents for their kids.

Sounds like a bad business plan if shrink on drinks causes the hypothetical franchise owner/location manager to make that type of sacrifice.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Not related to your problem OP but I remember when I was a lad and asked for a drink with no ice thinking I had hacked the system and would get more soda and instead got a cup that was only half filled. I learned a harsh lesson about the true nature of the world that day.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Evidently you're not paying for anything. Not that it matters much to me but yeah that's stealing

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Coasterphreak posted:

Boooooootlickaaaaaaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

WEH posted:

You are “stealing” less than a penny every time you do this so don’t listen to the morons acting like you’re dining and dashing

You’re the only person who’s making any sense right now