Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

One More Fat Nerd posted:

My hope now is Bernie uses his delegates to force a progressive VP, (stacy abrams?) and Biden resigns due to melty brains in 2021.

lmao is this where cspam is at now, wanting stacy abrams as a joe biden vp pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Karl Barks posted:

The next step is "ironic" strasserism op

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Wizard Masters post was dumb and gross and you should probe him again for it, just cause the "trans cuties" part seemed super condescending, buuuuuut...

Hes right about these two points. Biden can totally win this election, whether you think thats good or not is up to you. To explain:

Clinton Favorability, 3/9/16: -13
Biden favorability 3/11/20: +2

Clintins favorable within the dem party were actually pretty good. That means the 15 point difference is mostly independents, many of whom stayed home or voted 3rd party. Theres not gonna be 7 points of third party vote this year. People aren't comparing 4 years of Imaginary Hillary to 4 years of Imaginary Trump this time. They've seen 4 years of Actual Trump now, and its been worse than most folks thought possible.

Its totally possible Biden loses, but anyone telling you its impossible for him to win is either embittered and engaging in wishful thinking, or some kind of secret Hillary stan who thinks she wasnt the worst dem candidate in modern history.

My hope now is Bernie uses his delegates to force a progressive VP, (stacy abrams?) and Biden resigns due to melty brains in 2021.

I too hope capital will willingly cede anything to the left

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Wizard Masters post was dumb and gross and you should probe him again for it, just cause the "trans cuties" part seemed super condescending, buuuuuut...

Hes right about these two points. Biden can totally win this election, whether you think thats good or not is up to you. To explain:

Clintins favorable within the dem party were actually pretty good. That means the 15 point difference is mostly independents, many of whom stayed home or voted 3rd party. Theres not gonna be 7 points of third party vote this year. People aren't comparing 4 years of Imaginary Hillary to 4 years of Imaginary Trump this time. They've seen 4 years of Actual Trump now, and its been worse than most folks thought possible.

Its totally possible Biden loses, but anyone telling you its impossible for him to win is either embittered and engaging in wishful thinking, or some kind of secret Hillary stan who thinks she wasnt the worst dem candidate in modern history.

I think you should consider how Biden's favorability will fare, when it becomes clear to everyone that he has dementia and they were bamboozled to voting for a candidate that cannot even talk, much less think.

Ahh ok, you are an idiot.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Pingui posted:

I think you should consider how Biden's favorability will fare, when it becomes clear to everyone that he has dementia and they were bamboozled to voting for a candidate that cannot even talk, much less think.

Ahh ok, you are an idiot

Am i wrong about her? There was a lot of hope around here for her a few years back. If she turned out to be another lovely succ dem i take it back.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
she turned out to be an utterly cynical careerist, yes

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Stacy Abrams is garbage my dude. She was doing speaking events opening for Bloomberg a month ago. She appeals to the exact same people that are already voting for Biden.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Karl Barks posted:

No there are always people who drop in that assume Abrams is good because Maddow told them so.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Nix Panicus posted:

I would like to bring you a thing I just thought up:

If anyone asks if you will vote for Biden in November, tell them you're following Warren's example and not endorsing either candidate. If they (nevertheless) persist that one candidate is clearly better than the other and more in line with your professed beliefs, respond that much like Warren you don't owe them anything.

maybe I'll pull a new York Times and endorse them both

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Thoguh posted:

No there are always people who drop in that assume Abrams is good because Maddow told them so.

I don't watch cable news, i assumed it cause C-Spam told me so in 2018, and i stick to the Trump thread mostly. I have no idea what VP pick from Biden could possibly be both likely and good then.

Even less hope for the future now lol.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Am i wrong about her? There was a lot of hope around here for her a few years back. If she turned out to be another lovely succ dem i take it back.

She is, sorry about the vitriol. Friends?

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Stacy Abrams was a cowardly cynical politician when she was in the Georgian state government, she got jobbed in the governors election, but that doesn’t make her by any means a politician of courage or values

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
he’s gonna pick a black person to recapture the nostalgia for 08-16 lmao

expect kamala or deval Patrick or some poo poo

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Jay-V posted:

he’s gonna pick a black person to recapture the nostalgia for 08-16 lmao

expect kamala or deval Patrick or some poo poo

I think you will find the requirement is less poc and more pos. Don't forget that Biden is an honorary black person (and you can't have two black people on the ticket).

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
How the hell is Biden going to give an acceptance speech at the DNC?

Or a speech in general. Or public appearances.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Poorly.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Penisaurus Sex posted:

He can still read

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
whoever joe picks as veep needs to be someone who is tim kaine (in the membrane)

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Penisaurus Sex posted:

There's not going to be an in-person convention due to the Coronavirus. It's going to be an app.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Joe's going to hit everyone with a curve and make Bob Avakian his VP because he confused him for a public school teacher who bought Joe weed in 1963.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

It's going to be Hillary, followed by Biden stepping down for health reasons

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

He can still read

You know all the recent clips of his dementia? - that was him with a teleprompter

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Jay-V posted:

expect kamala

the worst reality brings the worst outcomes

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

He can still read

can he though...?

seriously, do we know that for sure?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Goddamn this is going to be a great election

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Goddamn this is going to be a great election

Same but erection.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Close this god forsaken thread

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

really queer Christmas posted:

not until the last usb stick is counted misplaced

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
To conclude, there is now no chance of Bernie winning the nomination outside Biden dying or calling a town hall participant the N-word. However, Bernie will be staying in the race to hopefully get concessions, bring the maximum number of delegates to the convention to vote on resolutions, and generally continue to show people's hunger for his policies. So no one is excused from campaigning and voting for Bernie.

Check out our general primaries thread for more: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913139