Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
That sure was a boss, holy geeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Maple Leaf posted:

This is what you wanted, thread

everything about this is perfect. from the boss animation which is amazing, to the boss just outright murdering you.

So you might want to go look for things that protect against scarecrow and from KO attacks. Which because you have been selling everything without really looking at it might be harder then you think :v: Items protecting against KO are supposed to be at least 4 items. The biggest issue is finding which items have the protections you need and hopefully you haven't sold the ones that arent buyable in the shops. And remember its not just accessories that will have protection or the 2x stat boosters, weapsons and armor can all have that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Maple Leaf posted:

This is what you wanted, thread

Mario has a Brain Cloud, and so he jumps into a volcano!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I won't lie, the end of the video was pretty loving hilarious.

"Get rekt."

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Huh, well that certainly was... something. The boss just not even wasting time there at the end was just perfect though.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

UED Special Ops posted:

Well Peach certainly showed Mallow who to real item destroyer is, dang. As for the final team, lets have... Geno, Peach, and Mario take the fight to Smithy.
This was my team in my many playthroughs of this game, seconded.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

According to my tallying, it's 4 votes for Mario, 3 for Toadstool, and it's a tie between Geno and Mallow for the third slot. Someone break the tie!

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Mallow

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

You got it!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mario had a brain cloud, and had to jump into Barrel Volcano. Those last two videos were the best. :allears:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
As I recall, the rules for Bundt are that to blow out a candle, you have to make a timed hit. Which means that only the Attack action works, and only with good timing. Or maybe it's just that you have to specifically use the Attack command. Either way, it's nothing to do with damage.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I went in expecting a 30 min. video of just this. :(

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kheldarn posted:

I went in expecting a 30 min. video of just this. :(

same :(

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

I didn't think twenty minutes of me concentrating in pure silence would be fun to watch :(

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So Mallow finally decided to take off the weighted clothes and unleash his full power. If he goes the rest of the game just punching enemies to death, I'll be happy.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
:stare: Looks like Mallow's workouts have finally paid off. Also, good sign with Peach scarfing down a Max Mushroom already.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Smithy, Mallow, Peach, nah... the true villain of this game is Dr. Topper. Neat addition of the fan added questions though, that was unexpected.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

UED Special Ops posted:

Smithy, Mallow, Peach, nah... the true villain of this game is Dr. Topper.

That son of a bitch!

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Here's 30 minutes of me and Olive Branch torturing ourselves

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Huh, looking it up, seems that the randomizer didn't change too many of Culex and crews moves, although adding Spear Rain and giving Culex Boulder is pretty rude. Can't wait to see Culex just give a Rotten Mush or a Wilt Shroom though as a "reward".

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
I hope Culex isn't a massive roadblock this time.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I think the problem with the box in Smithy's Factory is that you're trying to hit it based on where your brain thinks it's located vs. where it's actually at.

It looks like it's near the back of the platform, but it's actually to the side of the front, based on the shadow for it:

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I hope Culex isn't a massive roadblock this time.

*Images of Peach using Earlier Times just before Culex is beaten* :ohdear: Still, is fitting that Peach is the random character for this last stretch, have to have the character that has shown maximum rng, can't wait for the Culex and Smithy fights.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I would be fine with you two taking manual control of Peach for the Culex fight, just to see if it is beatable. You can just reload when he's defeated if you do manage to win. At least that way you can figure out what actually works without the RNG actively loving you over.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
:eyepop: All those freebies in the Culex fight... And wow, what a perfect reward item as well. Looking forward to the final, this has been an amazing ride.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Bahaha, that was amazing. One hell of a prize.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Thank you for watching, everyone!

In the event that anyone wants to try this gimmick for themselves, where a teammate's actions are decided by a random number generator, you can find the tool I made here. It's just an HTML file and only requires a browser to run, meaning it'll also work on mobile.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I've always wondered just what Smithy was supposed to be. I think he's either supposed to be a bolt set into a nut, with a chain wrapping around it and holding his arms on, or a blob of liquid metal. Those are the only things I can really think of for him.

Randalor fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 15, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Thanks for fulfulling my request! It was a great ride!

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

A+ would watch an otherwise easy game made difficult by 20 layers of randomization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Randomizers are great and this has been a great lp to show off how chaotic they can make everything, which makes is have to think and plan after clearing a game so many times.