Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Hello tech friends,

I help run a small business and thanks to the COVID scare I have to address people en masse who are calling and freaking out about the supply chain. I've never had to do this before so if anyone has any recommendations I would be eternally grateful.

I have done basic google searching to find companies but they all seem like overkill (25000+) and I'm also worried whatever they send will automatically get dumped in spam. Again I'm completely stupid about any of this and I hate it.

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Mailchimp does nothing but email, and they do it in a lot of ways. They're reputable and work hard to keep their IPs clean (not globally spam-trapped or blackholed). The flipside of that is that they'll drop you in a heartbeat if you're doing skeevy poo poo. Also, a few years back I knew some peeps who worked there; they were good people.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Mailchimp is a no-tech-knowledge solution that lots of small and not so small online businesses use. It's more geared toward marketing/sales type activity than simple list management, but it can do simple list management too. The free tier supports up to 2,000 email addresses, 2,000 emails per day and 12,000 emails per month. The tier up meets your needs.

AWS SES is really solid and cheap. $0.10 per 1,000 emails sent. There's a way to send a bit over 60,000 for free too. The downside is if you aren't tech savvy it's going to be quite an adventure and extremely time consuming to setup. It's very much a "roll your own" type of solution and not a simple mail list manager aimed at small businesses. You'll also need to create a support ticket to allow bulk sending, and they'll ask for things like our website/business, the reason for the mass send, etc.

It sounds like you'd lean more toward a service like mailchimp from the top level post.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 18, 2020

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Much appreciate friends, I will be using MailChimp