Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macnult

i saw that it was on youtube so i figured why not. all i knew about the movie aside from a few quotes like “oh, hi mark!” was that it’s apparently the worst movie ever made, but also the best worst movie ever made

i was pleasantly surprised. i thought it was just going to be a bad/boring movie with goofy highlights here and there, but it’s one constant train wreck and i get the appreciation for it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

me, ten minutes into the movie: “is it called the room because.. ohhhhhh, okay yeah this is probably the main setting that makes sense”

Macnult fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 1, 2020

Macnult

Macnult posted:

me, ten minutes into the movie: “is it called the room because.. ohhhhhh, okay yeah this is probably the main setting that makes sense”

also me, ten minutes into the movie: “dinny? denny? danny? what?”

Macnult

despite all the inconsistencies i like how tommy wiseau’s character greets everyone with “oh, hi _____”

he even says it to a dog

Macnult

i felt like i watched several different scenes that were all the same scene too. lisa talking to her mom about johnny and her mom saying “he’s a good man! he has money!”

also a bunch of scenes where johnny and the boys are like “women!! so confusing!!!”

Macnult

lisa was brutal and only got worse as the movie progressed. now that i think about it, pretty much every woman in the film is a hatesink, aside from maybe lisa’s friend who knew about the love triangle

Macnult

johnny seemed like such a wholesome character that i actually googled “is tommy wiseau a good person” and apparently he is very narcissistic and hates women (which explains the hate sink thing)

i guess that’s why they call it acting :(

Macnult

not gonna lie tho tommy wiseau is loving jacked

Escape From Noise

Macnult posted:

johnny seemed like such a wholesome character that i actually googled “is tommy wiseau a good person” and apparently he is very narcissistic and hates women (which explains the hate sink thing)

i guess that’s why they call it acting :(

Yeah I remember watching that movie for the first time a few years ago and at some point I was like "Oh man. This dude REALLY hates women."

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Twenty Four

Macnult posted:

despite all the inconsistencies i like how tommy wiseau’s character greets everyone with “oh, hi _____”

he even says it to a dog

It's like his terrible acting way of pretending that he didn't write, direct, and produce the movie and is compensating by acting surprised that someone just entered the scene despite knowing it was going to happen.

The bad acting and famous lines are pretty memorable, but there's other stuff that is so bizarre and confusing too. Like it wouldn't have been that hard to go out to the park where they shot other scenes again, but no, when it comes time for the guys to "play football" it's several guys standing in a building like 3 feet from each other doing these weak underhanded tosses back and forth and laughing like they are having the time of their lives. Like how can you look at that scene and not be completely embarrassed, but no, Wiseau is like "yup that scene is a keeper!"

Also all the weird stuff about how Wiseau is mysteriously wealthy and some how managed to out of pocket spend like 6 mil to make the movie and other strange stuff.

It seriously is one of the best bad movies made, total train wreck start to finish.

Tipps

party in the front

business in the back
Read/listen to The Disaster Artist. It's a very good expose on the whole thing by the actor who played Mark.

There's a movie adaptation of it which is quite good too, but I like the author-read audiobook more.

Heather Papps

hello friend

it was one of those things i knew i should check out, even before this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjPSq1ouNcQ
but it was only like 3 years ago my brother and his wife annoyed me enough with "oh hi, mark!" that i gave in and watched it.

it is perfect.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

super sweet best pal

Anyone who'd call The Room the worst movie ever made hasn't seen too many bad movies. The Room is actually enjoyable.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Oh, hi!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Bro it's like, ha ha, that movie dang goof haha thanks anyway good luck

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Heather Papps

hello friend

can you guys even imagine making fun of bad movies

and then like, uh
okay so then maybe theres a framing device where someone is i don't know trapped in an underground bunker?
and haha they are lonely so they make robots, and maybe there are mean politicians on the surface sending them bad movies to watch and

Macnult

super sweet best pal posted:

Anyone who'd call The Room the worst movie ever made hasn't seen too many bad movies. The Room is actually enjoyable.

:agreed:
i had a lot of good laughs watching it

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Heather Papps posted:

can you guys even imagine making fun of bad movies

and then like, uh
okay so then maybe theres a framing device where someone is i don't know trapped in an underground bunker?
and haha they are lonely so they make robots, and maybe there are mean politicians on the surface sending them bad movies to watch and

If a movie is good enough for me to laugh at and enjoy, it's a good movie, no matter how poorly made

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Escape From Noise

super sweet best pal posted:

I'm going to respectfully disagree

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Heather Papps

hello friend

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

If a movie is good enough for me to laugh at and enjoy, it's a good movie, no matter how poorly made

this is my criteria as well but also getting into fine distinctions like good bad and bad bad is a nightmare from which there is no escape

the problem is this means i consider the last star wars a very good movie because i have not laughed that hard in years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

Twenty Four posted:

It seriously is one of the best bad movies made, total train wreck start to finish.

I stand by this, it is a really bad movie, but it is really enjoyable because of what it is. There are plenty of bad or worse movies that aren't much fun, the room is really fun, even if unintentionally.