Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Hi! I'm Mycroft Holmes and alongside Skippy Granola, I'll be bringing you an LP of Dying Light, a 2016 zombie parkour melee focused game.

Episode 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

What a delightfully silly and all too self-serious game this is. Your video and/or game unfortunately has some serious frame rate problems though.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Kibayasu posted:

What a delightfully silly and all too self-serious game this is. Your video and/or game unfortunately has some serious frame rate problems though.

Was just gonna post this, yeah, the video is very choppy sadly (audio seems fine).

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Yeah, I turned the graphics down for the next video we're putting out. Honestly, getting back into LPs has been a revelation of every technical problem possible.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
- There is a day/night cycle, but it has not turned on yet. For the first while, the time of day is fixed and changes based on story progress, giving a fine illusion of time passing, but it is just an illusion right now.
- Getting that first point into Agility before fighting the goon is really helpful for the dodge to let you do a one-press jump-back, to keep out of the range of goons when they try and attack.
- When it's dark out maybe use the flashlight some more, at least so viewers can see where you are.
- You MAY want to turn off the invasions, as they can interfere with any missions you might be running at night.

I guess this is your first LP? You've got serious frame rate problems and the OP is zero-effort. The frame-rate problems make it almost unwatchable at places, bad enough that I hope you re-recorded the first episode. Generally, it's a good idea to make sure your video and OP are how you want it before posting the thread.

This game's been out for 5 years, and no one's made an LP of it on the forums as far as I know, so there's no rush.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 5, 2020

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Was just gonna post this, yeah, the video is very choppy sadly (audio seems fine).

While the audio quality is fine, the volume is very quiet, especially on your commentary. Looking forward to this, though!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
sorry about the quality, just getting back into LPs and it has revealed a litany of technical problems on my end. I hope to have episode 2 up this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Mycroft Holmes posted:

sorry about the quality, just getting back into LPs and it has revealed a litany of technical problems on my end. I hope to have episode 2 up this week.

That's cool. I wasn't trying to be griping, just letting you know for future reference.