Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He said that justice always prevails because whoever wins determines what justice is and then he became the Joker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Also I think the only big changes I’d make to Wano would be to get rid of the ice oni and fire-blob parts, shorten Luffy and Kaido’s fight a bit. Oh yeah, and give more focus to X Drake and his whole deal. I’m sure we haven’t seen the last of him but this seemed like it should have been his focus arc and he barely did anything.

It wasn’t perfect and dragged a bit towards the end but I thought the arc was great. The rushed ending… not so much. But outside of this chapter it didn’t feel too egregious.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

It's crazy to think that ever since we ran into... I don't know, the first human on Punk Hazard, Brownbeard? We've been fighting people theoretically in Kaido's chain of command. Brownbeard and his friends worked for Cesar who worked for Doflamingo who worked for Kaido. We've had a full decade of the story where Kaido and Big Mom were the only antagonists. It's crazy to think that they've finally gone down.

Though if we consider Shichibukai to be working for the government, the only independent arc villains after East Blue were Wapol, Enel, and Hody, and the rest were ultimately beholden to the Government, in theory.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Eiba posted:

It's crazy to think that ever since we ran into... I don't know, the first human on Punk Hazard, Brownbeard? We've been fighting people theoretically in Kaido's chain of command. Brownbeard and his friends worked for Cesar who worked for Doflamingo who worked for Kaido. We've had a full decade of the story where Kaido and Big Mom were the only antagonists. It's crazy to think that they've finally gone down.

Though if we consider Shichibukai to be working for the government, the only independent arc villains after East Blue were Wapol, Enel, and Hody, and the rest were ultimately beholden to the Government, in theory.

Technically you can go all the way back to Bellamy in the Jaya arc!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Eiba posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kuzan was the villain of Long Ring Long Land :smug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I am CONVINCED we are gonna get another Davey Back fight before the series is done, and half-convinced it will be against Shanks' crew. Shanks will be very impressed with Luffy's apparent expertise in the field, and credit it to his mentor whoever that might be.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Alright, only two acts of Wano left

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Eiba posted:

Who the gently caress is Brownbeard???

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

goblin week posted:

Who the gently caress is Brownbeard???

He was one of the animal dudes on Punk Hazard, I think he might have been a centaur? He didn't have any prominence before or after the arc and I barely remember him either. Mostly only because he's yet another body to add onto the pile of "dudes in One Piece named after the color of their facial hair" (anyone remember Pinkbeard! :v:).

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

He was one of the animal dudes on Punk Hazard, I think he might have been a centaur? He didn't have any prominence before or after the arc and I barely remember him either. Mostly only because he's yet another body to add onto the pile of "dudes in One Piece named after the color of their facial hair" (anyone remember Pinkbeard! :v:).

He was specifically an alligator centaur, which was pretty rad. I think he ended up switching sides and helping to rescue the kids that were being experimented on? I haven't read Punk Hazard since it was coming out.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He first shows up in the aftermath of the war, laying claim to an island that used to be under Whitebeard's protection.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Whitebeard, Blackbeard, Brownbeard, Pinkbeard, anduuuhhhh....?

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Bisse posted:

Whitebeard, Blackbeard, Brownbeard, Pinkbeard, anduuuhhhh....?

We haven’t gotten that many, but Pinkbeard does say that he was given the Pinkbeard name by Blackbeard, which leads me to believe that Blackbeard has a legion of Colorbeard Commanders under the big names we’ve already been introduced to.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I dunno if spoilers are out for 1058 yet but I might have to add the news articles that load on my phone sidebar to the thing I need to avoid for OP spoilers, as one I saw just had one in its title (not a massive spoiler by any means but enough that I'm annoyed by it.)

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
A couple of weeks ago, before the Cross Guild chapter I think, my phone's newsfeed gave me a fake spoiler implying that Doflamingo escaped from Impel Down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

A new thread is up!